Thai Commerce to inspect fast meals in markets as prices remain high

webfact

Where they need to get a grip is Supermarket prices where prices have risen relentlessly for the last five years.

The fresh market along the road is opened for business Daily.

those fresh market are a rip off too unless prices are displayed. Many times I am better off buying at the big chains and you can control weight and quality of the produce whereas at the market they get violent if you start turning the items to avoid the bad ones. They adhere to the farang prices attitude.

Hey Minister, has BMTA reduced their bus fare from 8 to 6 baht to reflect the fall in diesel prices?

about the bus fare. I was on it the other day and saw an elderly Thai man pull his coins and Id, he must have gotten a discount. About MRT; I do get a discount of half price on the MRT but not Skytrain. The MRT is just great for me, when my card runs out of funds it goes into a minus balance and everything get sorted out on the next topup. I've been a card user for many years and topup often so I have a history with them.

It's the farangs fault.

I explain, farangs patronizing the NOT Hi-So malls are the blame why that food is priced higher except Terminal 21 which is the cheapest I found in BKK with the biggest menu, cleanliness, never seen a roach, nice atmosphere, and unlimited napkins (not asswhipe) whereas the other NOT Hi-So eating establishment you have to fight the roaches off your plate. The food court in many malls are dying due to neglect, higher prices and dirt. I am sure the Malls operator are also putting the screws on the vendors.

You will see at any given time the illusion of business galore but not really since the chairs are taken by non-paying customers passing the heat and gas, YEAH, too, blame it on Facebook while using free WIFI.

I am a Mall goer.

I say

If you have not seen roaches in Terminal 21, you just have not looked. They are there in droves, especially in the basement.

I'm sure they have roaches by the train load but I never seen one on my table attacking me like they do at Ratchada Big C and other places. Even more amazing that these critters are cruising on the hot surfaces and on cold ice. Maybe they are not even living things but spy drones. Speaking of Big C I had a big rat run between my legs , NO I do not have a grunt against them but it would be nice if they control the pest everywhere.

I would imagine that a cut in electricity prices would have a bigger effect on reducing food prices both in the markets and maybe even more so in the big retailers.

As mentioned ... Oil prices are low and have been for some time. I wonder when the price of electricity will be reduced?

I believe EGAT have a lot of freeloaders so they have to keep up their enormous profits. I never hear about the FT being reduced & in fact I think it was increased not too long ago.

if you stick your nose like I DO, you will find more and more. I was at the electric room in my condo to check my meter and the one next to mine was spinning backward and the counter decreasing. I said nothing 'cause I no want a rope around my neck. The irregularity was much later corrected.