5 Star Chicken Burgers

naboo

I've noticed that 5-star Chicken, the popular franchise, advertises Chicken Burgers. I'm desperate to find out whether this offering beats 7/11 burgers, but every time I ask for one, they don't have. I figured ThaiVisa was my best bet to find a branch with the burgers regularly in stock.

have been to a few around the place never seen burgers at them. must be a new thing. i prefer to buy their chicken while thais seem to like to pay more for less elsewhere, cant figure why.

also go for their rolled up glob of chicken and those indeterminable things that come on a stick.

Edited by rabid old goat

As 5 Star chicken and 7-11 are both owned by CP,i suppose

the burgers would be the same at both venues,but cannot

explain why they advertise them at 5 Star but don't sell them.

maybe you should ask the vendors.

regards Worgeordie

As 5 Star chicken and 7-11 are both owned by CP,i suppose

the burgers would be the same at both venues

CP own 5-Star?

This is devestating news.

Absolutely. CP have only chicken batteries and have terrible conditions for the chooks there.

Goodbye Gai Yang Haa Dow...Nice knowin ya.

Well it seems nobody has tried one.

Despite the CP label, I'm convinced this is better than a 7/11 burger by 'wave. My determination to try one is still there, I will now stop and ask everytime I see a 5-star chicken.

Did you know, the 5-star chicken outlet in the new bus station waiting area only sells the stuff on a stick? Not a piece of chicken, and burgers advertised but not available.

gekko has a chicken burger that is good.i think bt105 on tue with fries

uotoyoumyfriend, thanks, but I'm not seeking a good chicken burger, I'm seeking a 5-star chicken burger, which in all likelyhood, isn't worthy of one star.

I never thought I'd see connoisseurs of 5 star

once when returning from spending several months in a chicken drought cambodia. i ate half a 5 star chicken every evening for 5 days straight. the 5 star chicken lady nearly proposed to me. cut down to perhaps 3-4 half chickens a week in the following weeks.

these days it is only seldom as my craving have moved to other things. gapao moo with kai dow (could be gapao gai or even something else, its difficult to tell the difference and there are no labels on the open displayed dishes) is currently at about 4 or 6 a week.

but if you want a chicken feast you still cant go past 5 star chicken.

(cambodian chicken drought was around a persistent bird flu scare)

Edited by rabid old goat

As CP supplies 5 Star Chicken I rarely buy for one as I find the meat to be a homogenous spongy tasteless product.

5 Star might very well be an franchise as different one sells different products. The one in my village often has whole BBQ "Gai Ban" (House Chicken), those scrawnier birds that have more flavor , though I'm sure they are mass produced and not nearly as tasty or healthy as the ones you see just running around everywhere in the countryside.

Talking about chicken anyone have an opinion of Betagrown birds? They just opened a huge store in Mae Jo which I intend to check out soon.

I have previously tried it a few times from the Suthep Rd. outlet I found the care given to the product, such as freezer burn and air in the cryovaced package, a sign that they were not as loved as they seem to be all about.

• Like 1

i eat 5***** chicks pretty regularly and find they are rather inconsistent, sometimes overly marinated so they just taste sweet/salty, sometimes undercooked so pink inside. I have found the best to be the "prik Thai dam" option, usually a bit smaller and the marinade is better than the "original".... never seen the chick-burger offered, my fave chick-burger is at Bamboo on Ratchawitti, 85 baht good fries 30b more.

• Like 1

As CP supplies 5 Star Chicken I rarely buy for one as I find the meat to be a homogenous spongy tasteless product.

5 Star might very well be an franchise as different one sells different products. The one in my village often has whole BBQ "Gai Ban" (House Chicken), those scrawnier birds that have more flavor , though I'm sure they are mass produced and not nearly as tasty or healthy as the ones you see just running around everywhere in the countryside.

Talking about chicken anyone have an opinion of Betagrown birds? They just opened a huge store in Mae Jo which I intend to check out soon.

I have previously tried it a few times from the Suthep Rd. outlet I found the care given to the product, such as freezer burn and air in the cryovaced package, a sign that they were not as loved as they seem to be all about.

I used to buy chicken from Betagro when they had a store in Meechok Plaza,

they must have now moved to Mae Jo,(is that on main Road/), breaded chicken

breast,and thighs,and it was OK,

I think all intensive farmed chicken in Thailand will be around the same quality,

been forced grown in massive broiler houses,lights on 24 hrs a day,so they are

eating all the time,their bodies grow so fast the legs cannot properly support

them,and are processed at about 30 + days when they are about 2Kg,

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

i eat 5***** chicks pretty regularly and find they are rather inconsistent, sometimes overly marinated so they just taste sweet/salty, sometimes undercooked so pink inside. I have found the best to be the "prik Thai dam" option, usually a bit smaller and the marinade is better than the "original".... never seen the chick-burger offered, my fave chick-burger is at Bamboo on Ratchawitti, 85 baht good fries 30b more.

Could it depend on which stand one is shopping at? I always buy mine from the one at Somphet market. The chickens are as good as anywhere else, with a very consistent taste and texture. The processed chicken patties and such might be crap - I have never tried them - but the real chickens are delicious.

• Like 1

Could it depend on which stand one is shopping at? I always buy mine from the one at Somphet market. The chickens are as good as anywhere else, with a very consistent taste and texture. The processed chicken patties and such might be crap - I have never tried them - but the real chickens are delicious.

Have had some problems with the Sompet location if I buy the large body bird original flavour, I prefer the stand on the opposite side of the moat in front of 7-11, ...it also seems to be a bit cleaner. I wish there was a whole boby chicked BBQ. place in that area, very few left in the city, I would always choose that over the 5star. Have never tried 5star duck, I know of one stand on Ratchadamoen, i think it is next to a CP shop.

• Like 1

I used to buy chicken from Betagro when they had a store in Meechok Plaza,

they must have now moved to Mae Jo,(is that on main Road/), breaded chicken

breast,and thighs,and it was OK,

I think all intensive farmed chicken in Thailand will be around the same quality,

been forced grown in massive broiler houses,lights on 24 hrs a day,so they are

eating all the time,their bodies grow so fast the legs cannot properly support

them,and are processed at about 30 + days when they are about 2Kg,

regards Worgeordie

It's on Mae Jo - Phrao Rd (Rt. 1001) immediately after the light at the Mae Jo University heading South towards CM.

I was under some impression that Betagrow was supposably better. The company's website stated vision says it all (or nothing smile.png )

"To develop and produce high quality, safe and nutritious food products from our modern and firmly established agro-industrial, research-based operations for the benefit of people around the world."