PM system broken?

sometimewoodworker

I believe members are allowed a limited storage space for PMs. How many pages of PMs do you currently have? If it is a lot, delete a few of the oldest pages and see if this solves your problem.

Hi Maestro

That would be a great answer. Except for a couple of facts.

The First is that the error message comes when I select the personal message option from the drop down menus under my name so I can't access the message system at all, so I can't check.

The second is that I have made very little use of the system so unless someone has sent a very big PM that I don't know about, it's not that.

AFIR there are less than 20 PM's

I did manage to get a partial view and it shows 12 PM's but I can't access them. When I select "My Conversations " I get the message under. So it's clearly a PHP server problem.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 314572800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 86 bytes) in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2710

post-44962-0-63202200-1423446657_thumb.j

Error message

post-44962-0-38743100-1423447025_thumb.j

Edited by sometimewoodworker

That looks complicated and has brought me to my wits' end. A sysadmin will probably have to look at it and will, for a start, likely want to know what browser you are using and what the operating system of your computer is.

That looks complicated and has brought me to my wits' end. A sysadmin will probably have to look at it and will, for a start, likely want to know what browser you are using and what the operating system of your computer is.

iPad Air2

IOS 8.1.2

Safari and Chrome

Also iPad 3

IOS 7.1.2

Safari

I don't have an iPad. Checking it out on an iMac just now, I found that the PM system works perfectly, both with Safari and with Chrome. If it worked before on the iPad but does not work now, I wonder if there has been a recent update for Safari and Chrome for the iPad.

As a temporary solution, until the iPad browser problem gets fixed, I suggest that you download the Thaivisa app on the iPad. I haven't heard about any problems with accessing PMs with the app for iPhone and iPad.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/thaivisa-connect-thailand/id492600537?mt=8

I don't have an iPad. Checking it out on an iMac just now, I found that the PM system works perfectly, both with Safari and with Chrome. If it worked before on the iPad but does not work now, I wonder if there has been a recent update for Safari and Chrome for the iPad.

As a temporary solution, until the iPad browser problem gets fixed, I suggest that you download the Thaivisa app on the iPad. I haven't heard about any problems with accessing PMs with the app for iPhone and iPad.

That would be a great idea but it looks as if it is my account that has the problem.

My macMini shows the same problem. The Thaivisa app will not let me send messages or view past messages.

I just tried sending you a PM and can't.

That would be a great idea but it looks as if it is my account that has the problem.

My macMini shows the same problem. The Thaivisa app will not let me send messages or view past messages.

I just tried sending you a PM and can't.

Hi maestro

Can you please refer this problem to a Sys Admin. I can't do anything other than post

Thanks

I heard just now that work is in progress tonight to get this problem fixed. Hopefully, by breakfast time you will no longer get this error message.

Thank you I was able to get and reply to 1 message.

But when I tried to send a PM to you to say that it had been fixed I immediately got the same error message. Can you refer it back to Sysadmin please. It seems the fix didn't last long. :(

Update the error now is

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 314572800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2710

I heard just now that work is in progress tonight to get this problem fixed. Hopefully, by breakfast time you will no longer get this error message.

But when I tried to send a PM to you to say that it had been fixed I immediately got the same error message. Can you refer it back to Sysadmin please. It seems the fix didn't last long. :(

Update the error now is

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 314572800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2710

I seem to be able to reply to a PM but when I try to send one I get.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 314572800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 78 bytes) in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2710

So the bug hasn't been squashed yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I hear that resolving this problem is more complex than it appeared originally, but it is receiving high priority. To those affected by it, thank you for your patience.

11 days on, still broken, any news yet?

Can you post here please when or if it gets fixed?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

I hear that resolving this problem is more complex than it appeared originally, but it is receiving high priority. To those affected by it, thank you for your patience.

11 days on, still broken, any news yet?

Can you post here please when or if it gets fixed?

Thanks

The system is still broken. Months later is anything being done?

I have been getting notications of replies quoting my posts for some time now. I activated these notifications when I first read about the problem here and started to get notifications two or three weeks ago.

But when I tried to send a PM to you to say that it had been fixed I immediately got the same error message. Can you refer it back to Sysadmin please. It seems the fix didn't last long. sad.png

Update the error now is

I have been getting notications of replies quoting my posts for some time now. I activated these notifications when I first read about the problem here and started to get notifications two or three weeks ago.

Pretty sure sometimewoodworker was describing a server-side error with Personal Messages, not Notifications.

Note: Bold emphasis mine, to highlight the correct issue the member is having.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hi!i'm also experiencing the same problem.i can't even view my inbox to delete some messages.

error shows:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 314572800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 89 bytes) in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2780

please help.

Edited by keemble

hi!i'm also experiencing the same problem.i can't even view my inbox to delete some messages.

error shows:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 314572800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 89 bytes) in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2780

please help.

Hi keemble,

What you are experiencing is a ThaiVisa forum server-side error.

You can try clearing your Web Browser data (cookies and cache), since that can affect how the ThaiVisa Server interacts with you, then try to access your PM box again.

But if you continue to see the same message then you'll need to contact ThaiVisa directly via email at support @ thaivisa.com and report the issue. In your email, provide your ThaiVisa username, the email address used with the account, and details of what you're trying to accomplish and the error message encountered.

Hopefully one of these items will be able to sort the issue for you.