NACC To Prosecute Former PM For Yellowshirt Crackdown

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

wow another piece of 'non-discrimination'?

No, the time for justice has come for some politicians that avoided the law for years.

like the ones who played a hand in the Murder of 90 Demonstrators in 2010 oh no they've been acquitted

Im puzzled at you attitude towards the Junta , do you have Thai kids here? would you like them growing up in a non democratic , Military run country with no freedom of speech and "Attitude adjustment" for those who don't tow the line ?

No expratt, apt name by the way. The 90 "murdered" demonstrators as you claim also include soldiers who died from blunt force trauma (wonder who would have reasons to inflict those injuries, think hard remember). Some generals were shot with a shell, and some people were shot with an RPG while waiting for a skytrain.

Your understanding of what exactly happened in 2010 is at best poor and at worst a complete fabrication. The red shirts had armed militants within their ranks who have been documented, interviewed and pictured (all in the public domain). The CRES in 2010 had to deal with large scale violent shutdown of certain areas of the capital. Hospitals were even targeted and had to be evacuated. The army was the only agency that could regain control as they had more guns and better tactics than the red shirt elements who were acting way out of line.

On this topic, the call to disperse a peaceful demonstration (inconvenient perhaps, but still peaceful) seems to be an abuse of power, and more so when people have died in suspicious circumstances. This ex PM should at least face some ramifications for his orders. Seems more than fair to me, especially as he has not had to even explain himself in 7 years.

Try acquanting yourself with some background information before posting next time, almost all of what you've writen was false or sensationalized

No generals were killed. There were dead on both sides and deaths of reporters. Eventually there will need to be some direct answers regarding what the exact orders were. Whether the orders were justified or if certain soldiers exceeded orders may never be known.

It is true everywhere in the world though, if people around you are armed with war weapons, you are at risk and responsible for your choices.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No, the time for justice has come for some politicians that avoided the law for years.

like the ones who played a hand in the Murder of 90 Demonstrators in 2010 oh no they've been acquitted

Im puzzled at you attitude towards the Junta , do you have Thai kids here? would you like them growing up in a non democratic , Military run country with no freedom of speech and "Attitude adjustment" for those who don't tow the line ?

What do you mean by "do you have Thai kids here"..? If I had my own kids here by a Thai mother, I would take them home to be educated in my own home country. No problem. Otherwise I cannot have Thai kids here. Someone elses Thai kids will NEVER be mine.... Stop kidding yourself on.. And take the Ex part off your pen-name. wai.gif Why does Thailand attract so many Pratts..? Makes me shivvvvver..! w00t.gif

And yet the CDC is proposing a law that would regulate people's assembly, specifically preventing them from blocking and occupying government facilities such as the Government House! How one instance is abuse of power and the other isn't is guided only by political COLOR. Your idea of justice is that it is legitimate as a means used to serve a particular ideology.

Rick...

Putting laws in place that precludes the disruption of life and government has nothing to do with color politics. That is what we call lawmakers doing their jobs.

Please go back and look at the particulars of this 2008 case

How dare they try to take the airport back from the criminal yellows shirts who held thousands of foreign tourists hostage including children and infants. These mongrel caused great pain and anguish to many people from around the world. I had an appointment in Melbourne that I couldn't make and lost a few thousand dollars because of the lowlife yellows. Many tourists were extremely grateful that they were freed and able to get home after the government acted. The government were the good guys and the heros in the eyes of tourists and the yellows were seen as evil thugs.

Amazing double standard in Thailand. The Yellows are really just old bullies. So sad to see the injustice when Abhisit was responsible for the death of nearly a hundred. No reconciliation now.

• Like 1

These guys do know that when they eventually lose power there will be many cards marked?

one can only hope.

this is about political purging. And for that they are using 2008. It's being done by the guy who was in charge of the military during 2010...

karma, I love karma... I am hoping for karma...

Edited by tbthailand

How dare they try to take the airport back from the criminal yellows shirts who held thousands of foreign tourists hostage including children and infants. These mongrel caused great pain and anguish to many people from around the world. I had an appointment in Melbourne that I couldn't make and lost a few thousand dollars because of the lowlife yellows. Many tourists were extremely grateful that they were freed and able to get home after the government acted. The government were the good guys and the heros in the eyes of tourists and the yellows were seen as evil thugs.

Amazing double standard in Thailand. The Yellows are really just old bullies. So sad to see the injustice when Abhisit was responsible for the death of nearly a hundred. No reconciliation now.

The amazing thing is that this isn't about the airport, nor was there a crackdown at the airport. Just grenades thrown at the PAD by the redshirt terrorists when the PAD was there for 8 days

The amazing thing is that this isn't about the airport, nor was there a crackdown at the airport. Just grenades thrown at the PAD by the redshirt terrorists when the PAD was there for 8 days

no ... this is about the 2 PAD protesters who blew themselves up with their own bombs.... The extremely neutral and fair NACC will try to pin it on the PM at the time because they 'have lots of evidence'...

This NACC is a joke, a real joke.

• Like 2

no ... this is about the 2 PAD protesters who blew themselves up with their own bombs.... The extremely neutral and fair NACC will try to pin it on the PM at the time because they 'have lots of evidence'...

Strange, but only redshirt press stayed with the claim you make.

The cause of death listed for the woman with the royally sponsored funeral was not from blowing herself up. ( sorry can't think of her name off the top of my head)

These guys do know that when they eventually lose power there will be many cards marked?

one can only hope.

this is about political purging. And for that they are using 2008. It's being done by the guy who was in charge of the military during 2010...

karma, I love karma... I am hoping for karma...

Interesting. One provides a barely veiled threat and another completely agrees.

Oh btw this is about justice. This has nothing at all to do with former PM Somchai being the brother-in-law of that criminal fugitive, who the KhaoSod today even refers to as "is considered the de facto leader of the Redshirt movement." Mind you, Somchai was allegedly choosen as Thaksin had faith in his brother-in-law. May be he had hoped Somchai would be able to clean up some annoying charges he didn't want to face.

The cause of death listed for the woman with the royally sponsored funeral was not from blowing herself up. ( sorry can't think of her name off the top of my head)

Nothing to do with the Court verdict dissolving PPP of course

"Hours before the court verdict a rocket propelled grenade attack on Bangkok’s international airport killed one protester and wounded 22 others."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/3540919/Thailands-prime-minister-is-banned-from-office-by-court.html

2008-12-02

"One anti-government protester was killed and 22 injured when a grenade was fired into Bangkok's domestic Don Muang airport, it was reported last night."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/dec/02/thailand

2008-11-29

"(Reuters) - A grenade blast wounded 46 anti-government protesters in Bangkok, hospital officials said on Sunday, the latest escalation in the country's increasingly violent political crisis."

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2008/11/29/uk-thailand-protest-idUKTRE4AO1YJ20081129?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews

• Like 1

They are banking on never losing power. As is always the case, they have overreached themselves. 1000 Year Reich ring a bell? Or perhaps Ozimandes?
  • Like 2

I guess Somchai is not going to be running as PT's nominee for PM in the next election. I wonder if there are any charges pending against Oak. Must be some dirt on him. He allegedly burned the candle at both ends when he was younger and was said to be the inspiration for his dad's war on drugs and the social order campaign.

Anyway Somchai had it coming. He was impeached unsuccessfully soon afterwards but somehow the criminal charges got shelved. However, it is still within the statute of limitations. I guess he will have to carry the can by himself as the police chief at the time, who happens to be DPM Gen Prawit's brother, has just been exonerated, although he was sacked by Abhisit for his role in this incident http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/745890-former-national-police-chief-pol-general-patcharawat-wongsuwan-reinstated/. Oh what a tangled web.

Edited by Dogmatix

They are banking on never losing power. As is always the case, they have overreached themselves. 1000 Year Reich ring a bell? Or perhaps Ozimandes?

Should 'they' be afraid because some poster says 'their cards are marked' ?

Will the UDD get orders from their de-facto leader Thaksin to start violence again?

PS I do hope member Thailand wasn't paraphrasing from Julius Caesar with Marc Anthony saying

"These many, then, shall die; their names are prick'd."

Edited by rubl

nong bow

Angkana Radabpanyawut (Nong Bo). I seem to remember the police at the time tried to claim that she blew herself up with a ping pong bomb secreted in her bra strap but even the police's own forensic evidence couldn't support such a far fetched theory. Clearly the police won't be blamed. So Somchai will have to carry the can by himself for ordering the crack down. The police didn't realise they had explosive tear gas grenades from China, even after they had been firing them directly at the crown from shotguns for several hours and had visibly maimed several protestors in addition to killing Nong Bo. The order from on high was to blame.

I guess Nick Nostitz will have a lot to say in defence of Somchai. He was there and published a piece where he asserted that the police did absolutely the right thing in firing the exploding tear gas bombs directly at the protestors. I was under the impression he had moved back to Germany to recover from post-traumatic stress disorder after being unfairly harassed and intimidated by yellow shirts but he was spotted at the FCCT a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

How dare they try to take the airport back from the criminal yellows shirts who held thousands of foreign tourists hostage including children and infants. These mongrel caused great pain and anguish to many people from around the world. I had an appointment in Melbourne that I couldn't make and lost a few thousand dollars because of the lowlife yellows.

On a purely selfish and self centered note , I had a bit of a result , I was supposed to be going back to work in China the day they took it over . I was "Stranded" in Pattaya for another Week

You call that a result??

1 tiny little difference - none of the yellow shirts demonstrations wa violent, none on the demonstrating people had weapons wereas the red demonstrations were always violent.

The Yellows were armed. The statement is simply not true.
When you chop a quote up at least get the correct posters name for crying out loud!!!

Put a bit more effort into finding and attributing the post to the correct poster!

Edited by casualbiker

They make me laugh Thailand, they say they will do this, do that, change this, change that, nobody with any status does any prison time, they get bail until they die, the government are like a load of old tarts, they talk the talk, but can not walk the walk, no wonder people laugh and take the piss out of them,

I guess Nick Nostitz will have a lot to say in defence of Somchai. He was there and published a piece where he asserted that the police did absolutely the right thing in firing the exploding tear gas bombs directly at the protestors. I was under the impression he had moved back to Germany to recover from post-traumatic stress disorder after being unfairly harassed and intimidated by yellow shirts but he was spotted at the FCCT a couple of weeks ago.

obvious to anyone who has read / can read, he never said any such thing.

• Like 1

Ahh, but you are thinking and recalling rationally, whereas, the knee-jerk expat pretenders on here who fantasize themselves "hi-so wanabes" are only concerned with who's right...not with what's right.

Pity his rationale thinking was about the wrong topic. Needs to improve his comprehension, or read the OP first.

Like the kids growing up during the last 3 years to learn that corruption--and lousy governing was normal thing to do. Being brainwashed into thinking it's normal to have missing hundreds of billions of Thai peoples money squandered etc. That was an elected government, so much for Thai---Shin democracy.

Very True , they have not been set a great example, but at least there was a semblance of Democracy. Although it was highly unlikely that the Junta were going to be impartial , they have/had the opportunity to get rid of the people they want out of politics and set up a fair(ish) system. But they have achieved their first goal and appear to be going out to make sure that ordinary people in Thailand never get a Government that represents them , even though they are the vast majority

• Like 2

Jesus rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-siBMq you are some piece of work Costas

It is clear its a witchhunt the public prosecutor DECLINED TO PROSECUTE so they are going to do it themselves as time continues there is less and less credability for this government that took over at the point of a gun under the guise they are indpendant of any r LOL its very clear who is back at the reigns by having to use the GUN because they could never get in by the VOTE.

Yes. I cannot understand, and on other social media, people are talking about this, that on this board, so many think that the yellow shirts are the good guys, when they were responsible for all the chaos, in the first place. When they managed to impeach Taksin, they saw they still not could elected, and every time, over and over again, they put the country in chaos. Taking over the airport, is only a small thing (but cost Thai society an arm and a leg!), compared of all the impact all their actions has caused wrong. And you are the bad guy, stopping this madness?

A government should be ELECTED, and neither the Yellows, or the army has been. I would have much more sympathy, for this government, if they would keep BOTH parties to rest in any action to put the country in problem for their own benefit.

They should not have interfered to throw over an democratic chosen Government, but to stop illegal actions from the opposition, to paralyze the country for their own benefit. And again, I am totally aware, tha the "red shirts" are no saints either, but at least they have been elected, and if there is doubt about that, it should be investigated a legal way, and no witch hunt be involved. Get new elections, see that none of the parties are able to bribe the result, and that the army interfere, not to act against a legal elected government, but to act against the disturbance of the peace.

the yellows did not contest in the elections....

And a government that uses full scale vote buying isn't democratic elected. And even if it would it needs to follow the constitution and the separation of power....

Still trotting out the discredited party line bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1LoY-G7rYjbH Boring!