O-Net exam went well with no report of cheating

webfact

BANGKOK, 9 February 2015 (NNT) - The National Institute of Testing Service (NITS) revealed that no cheating has been reported in the university entrance exam held over the weekend.

According to NITS Director Sampam Panpruek, more than 446,000 Mattayom Suksa 6 students or equivalent took the ‘O-Net’ exam required to enter the tertiary education.

High school students were expected to complete 8 subject tests. The exam was held at 19 locations nationwide. Mr. Sampan said no cheating was found among the students sitting the exam.

The NITS has always been stringent about the tests, imposing penalty appropriate to the nature and seriousness of cheating both on students and proctors who allowed it.

The NITS is also accepting complaints and reports of examination dishonesty by both mail and email. The O-Net results will be revealed on March 21st.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-02-09 footer_n.gif

Please find the right answer with a similar meaning:

a) The tests were, as usual, full of mistakes and many students just tickled their way through.

b)Students who failed this test in major subjects will go to Mathayom one anyway, by paying around 25 K.

c) Thai teachers were not capable to find the right answers of the English test questions, without the help of foreigners.

d) Some teachers had access to the original tests and "taught" the right answers a week before the tests were held.

d) None of above answers are right.

Go and figure.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

Well I had some reports from my M. 6 students that there were in fact many confusing/wrong items on the English test. The students who told me scored pretty high on the TOEFL test to get into university, so I think they know what they are talking about. When does the MOE accept that an English proficiency test should be written by NES. Just use the tests that are out there? (TOEFL OR IELTS)

Edited by New007

Well I had some reports from my M. 6 students that there were in fact many confusing/wrong items on the English test. The students who told me scored pretty high on the TOEFL test to get into university, so I think they know what they are talking about. When does the MOE accept that an English proficiency test should be written by NES. Just use the tests that are out there? (TOEFL OR IELTS)

This is the same every year. Until whichever bigwig in the MoE who writes these tests dies, nothing will change. They are right and everyone else is wrong.