Do Any Thai Banks Offer Visa Debit Card With Name

I'm looking for a Thai bank that has a Visa Debit card so that I can use it for booking flights, car hire etc. Can't get a credit card as I don't have a work permit. I have a retirement visa so shouldn't be a problem opening an account.

Cheers wai.gif

USA ONLY.....If you have a USA address - to send the card to, I suggest AMEX Serve....it is a debit card - WITHOUT ""DEBIT"" on it. It is treated like a REGULAR AMEX card. Car rental companies do not make you go thru the "debit card" extras.

You have SEVERAL options to transfer money to the card, Debit card, electronic transfer from bank. THE ATM CHARGE IS 50BT IN THAILAND. If you deposit LESS than $500US to the account, $1 monthly charge ( see below )

You can also have a US Socical Security check deposited to the account.

The reason I am so HOT about AMEX SERVE, I had an Identy theft last yer in Feb, caught it a 530AM - AMEX credited my account in 3 days - had a NEW card and number in my hand in 4 days, it took my REGULAR US BANK 3 weeks to credit my account - 2 weeks for a new card.

AMEX SERVE also has a ANDROID APP ( maybe apple also ) that will give you a realtime ( within 10 minute ) account overview

USA ONLY.....If you have a USA address - to send the card to, I suggest AMEX Serve....it is a debit card - WITHOUT ""DEBIT"" on it. It is treated like a REGULAR AMEX card. Car rental companies do not make you go thru the "debit card" extras.

You have SEVERAL options to transfer money to the card, Debit card, electronic transfer from bank. THE ATM CHARGE IS 50BT IN THAILAND. If you deposit LESS than $500US to the account, $1 monthly charge ( see below )

You can also have a US Socical Security check deposited to the account.

The reason I am so HOT about AMEX SERVE, I had an Identy theft last yer in Feb, caught it a 530AM - AMEX credited my account in 3 days - had a NEW card and number in my hand in 4 days, it took my REGULAR US BANK 3 weeks to credit my account - 2 weeks for a new card.

AMEX SERVE also has a ANDROID APP ( maybe apple also ) that will give you a realtime ( within 10 minute ) account overview

Would that AMEX was a bit more popular than rabies with retailers (esp in Thailand)

• Like 1

why u not order a new prepaid credit card , takes between 8-10 days to get and u pay only 10€ @ the beginning , thats all .

i used my one for booking emirates and do about 50-60% of my shopping in TH incl. onlineshopping. fill up with ur european account ( from homeaccount to credit card account ).... and use in thailand for free . only if u go to ATM you have to pay fee in Thailand and 2,75€ on ur credit card account but for shopping and booking is free and it is Visa Card for using all over the world .more information get in touch with me. thx...good luck

Bangkok bank debit cards work fine as a VIsa card you only have to enter your own name though it is not on the card.

Some sites use Verified by visa so you have a little more work to do...one phone call to the bank to set up the password and activate the Verified part.

Some airlines use it and Tops does too Online but it is not too much hassle. Most just take the card online.

The AMEX SERVE CARD is treated like a REGULAR AMEX CARD. 50BT ATM fees vs 180Bt ATM fees in Th - my exchange rate was 32.39Bt 3 days ago, Car rentals - never been charged a deposit. Anywhere regular AMEX are accepted, SERVE accepted. Plus you can take advantage of the AMEX perks.

Granted some merchants do not take AMEX, BUT, travel - airlines, bus, train. MAJOR hotels ( ask for AMEX discount - some do some don't ) and a sh@t load of ATM's worldwide - look for AMEX logo on machine, oh, made landline calls on pay phones to Th with it in Bejing,Japan and Hong Kong - ( airline reroute several times, called GF to tell her )

A great piece of plastic to have in the wallet if you travel.

This is NOT a paid advertisement...555555 SERVE just works for me everytime I need it.

I have both a Kasikorn and Bangkok Bank debit card which work online with my name on.

When you open the account you will have to ask them that you want the card

with your name on it. It will take about a week and cost me 300 Baht for the card.

Just be sure your name isn't too long, my Bangkok bank debit card came out as William Scott - kinda missed my last name and they said it was too long...

The AMEX SERVE CARD is treated like a REGULAR AMEX CARD. 50BT ATM fees vs 180Bt ATM fees in Th - my exchange rate was 32.39Bt 3 days ago, Car rentals - never been charged a deposit. Anywhere regular AMEX are accepted, SERVE accepted. Plus you can take advantage of the AMEX perks.

Granted some merchants do not take AMEX, BUT, travel - airlines, bus, train. MAJOR hotels ( ask for AMEX discount - some do some don't ) and a sh@t load of ATM's worldwide - look for AMEX logo on machine, oh, made landline calls on pay phones to Th with it in Bejing,Japan and Hong Kong - ( airline reroute several times, called GF to tell her )

A great piece of plastic to have in the wallet if you travel.

This is NOT a paid advertisement...555555 SERVE just works for me everytime I need it.

If you aren't selling for them please keep the capital letters down, you look like an internet salesman.

I have a Kasikorn debit card with no name printed, asked about use online and was told just put your name down no problem I use it now for airline tkts and pay in thai baht.

Surely you will have problems with certain airlines at check-in as your name does not appear on the card?coffee1.gif

• 5 years later...
On 2/9/2015 at 9:56 AM, ronthai said:

Bangkok Bank and the standard B1st card.

Works pefectly for all internet transactions, been doing it for years.

works good indeed ????

this cards called : Non-Personalized debit cards  , and has no info about names or addresses just an CC number that are linked to the current bank. . 
Brilliant if you cant to stay Anonymously abroad ????