Thai Police sting fines 21 taxi drivers who said 'no'

webfact

Police sting fines 21 taxi drivers who said 'no'
By Coconuts Bangkok

taxi_1_0.jpg
Photo: Stephan Rebernik

BANGKOK: -- Taxi drivers yesterday were surprised to find 21 passengers who wouldn’t take “no” for an answer.

Tourist police sent 21 drivers off to be fined at a police station yesterday in a sting operation conducted in four different Bangkok locations.

Undercover officers busted 21 drivers on Sunday for rejecting their fares in front of MBK Center, National Stadium, Siam Square and the Grand Palace.

Police said the best location to get rejected turned out to be MBK Center, as most drivers claimed they didn't want to drive into an area with traffic. Some said they didn’t have enough fuel. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/02/09/police-sting-fines-21-taxi-drivers-who-said-no

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-02-09

• Like 1

Police sting fines 21 taxi drivers who said 'no'

A slap on the wrist, "nasty nasty taxi driver, never ever do it again...." wai2.gifwai2.gif

You forgot to add.

So pay us some tea money and we will let you go without punishment this time. Ohh the tea money you can get back from the next foreigner you overcharge.

It's a step in the right direction! The RTP have earned a tiny, microscopic, minute smidgen of respect from the Cuchulainn household.

Wouldn't have happened with politicians in government! dry.png

It actually did happen http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Taxi-drivers-unhappy-about-crackdown-30189573.html

And, like the last one, this one will last about as long. But don't let the truth get in the way of bashing the last government and claiming undying love for men in uniforms.

• Like 2

I have a fool proof way of dealing with no from Taxi,s, I try another Taxi . works for me, as now as I,m not still in front of MBK. try going to the old southern bus station in peak hour from MBK at the end of your shift, knowing that you lived in the opposite direction. No way in the world.

Impound their taxi for a week and jail 'em for a week ..the taxi owners will make the drivers pay the weeks rental and start being a little more careful about the drivers they rent to.

Edited by Thrilla

In Singapore, taxis who are nearing the end of their shift and want to go in a certain direction (home or taxi depot), put a destination sign in their front windows. And don't use a crappy, hand scrawled piece of paper; get a proper, plastic destination board printed in Thai & English

Surely this is simple enough?

That would take some thinking about customer service, for which we all are aware, there is no such thing with these <deleted>.

"Undercover officers busted 21 drivers on Sunday for rejecting their fares in front of MBK Center, National Stadium, Siam Square and the Grand Palace"

21? Must have been a ten minute operation, and the Tourist Police beers hadn't even gotten warm by then.... :)

The stuff going only lasted 5mins then?

I could rack up 21 rejections in 30muns alone!

A drop in the ocean, nevertheless, a good message has been sent... I wonder if the BiB will maintain the pressure and ensure the issues us more or less solved...

Or, is this just a one off... Taxi drivers will continue to laugh in the faces of the BiB, the Law and the Customer.

There's never any pleasing you, huh?