breakfast - early

willfreeman

ill be staying santitham, but anywhere around there, inside the moat or nimihamin area is fine. The only place i know that is open early is the 24 hr thai restaurant on the moat but they dont have the full menu available in the morning, or didnt the few times i went there last year

Earliest places i know of... McDs, BK, Rimping at Maya, Salom Joi, Hotel buffets example, CM gate hotel, or Raming lodge, Cafe Siam, ...or local style ...moo ping and kau niaw or noodles at any fresh market at dawn. .. I think the Blue Diamond opens kind of early.

Edited by daoyai

The is a restaurant attached to the Empire Residence on Nimmen which does a all you can eat breakfast buffet for about 120 baht. If you can find the Lotus Tesco on Nimmen than right on top of and behind that is the Empire Residence.

I think it starts at 6 AM but am not sure.

For that price you are not going to get high quality meats, but there is some ham, I think.

Edited by JulieM

I'm an early riser, I have found it difficult to find an early morning Western breakfast place. The best place I have found is Cafe de Siam at the SE corner of Loi Kroh and Khampangdin Rd. That is between the Chiang Mai Entertainment Complex (CMEC) and the Duangtawan Hotel. They open at 06:30. To be honest, it's not the best breakfast around, but it opens hours earlier than most other places.

<removed link to Bkk Post as per forum rules> (this article says open at 06:00, but I think 06:30)

Edited by Tywais

ill be staying santitham, but anywhere around there, inside the moat or nimihamin area is fine. The only place i know that is open early is the 24 hr thai restaurant on the moat but they dont have the full menu available in the morning, or didnt the few times i went there last year

that would be Jok Somphet. i go there perhaps 4 or 5 times per month at odd hours and the full menu is available. once in a while if they run out of something at like 3:30-4:00 a.m. , it may not be until perhaps 6:00 when the next shift comes that they will bake more chicken, fish, etc. but it's not often.

• Like 1

that would be Jok Somphet. i go there perhaps 4 or 5 times per month at odd hours and the full menu is available. once in a while if they run out of something at like 3:30-4:00 a.m. , it may not be until perhaps 6:00 when the next shift comes that they will bake more chicken, fish, etc. but it's not often.

+1

24 hours each day, 7 days each week.

• Like 1

i went there about three times between 630-730 trying to get kaw pad gai and they said didnt have and indicated that only about half the menu was available, i was quite surprised the ran out of fried rice and couldnt make anymore. I like to hit the gym about 8am mon-wed-fri, so like to eat around 630. Other days i can wait till 9 when other venues open.