Hill Tribe Tourist Village in CR

Flutterby

I was in CR last summer (2014) and had a driver take a friend and me to several popular locations in and around CR. We went to a hill tribe village with 3 different hill tribes. It was pretty obvious that it was set up for tourists but was still quite interesting. It was quite close to the city and only a short drive from highway 1. I think it was slightly north of CR but I was getting a bit confused with all the places we visited but I know it was close.

I've been trying to find it on Google maps with no luck. When I search for hill tribes in the area, I pretty much only get a hill tribe museum near central CR. Does anyone know where this village is? Map coordinates would be especially helpful but road names would be great as well.

Thanks.

I was just up there a few days ago. Just Google them, or stop by ANY tourist office in Chiang Rai and they have the maps on every wall, with highways numbers easy to read. It is completely fake. If you have a car, find and go to the real hill tribe villages. You will enjoy it much more. I know I did.

You want to see genuine hill tribe villages easy.

Go to Mae hong son go south on highway 108 for 5 kilometers to left, go on for 22 kilometers.

First village Hua hee, no electric no goverment interfeerance, genuine.

Go another 9 kilometers Nong kao klang same again, ( i know i lived there for 15 months)

Next go 5 kilometers turn left, go 8 kilometers Hoi pum fat village.

Many more if you go further.

This road (track) is only suitable for motorbikes or 4wheel drive, not cars.

• Like 2

You want to see genuine hill tribe villages easy.

Go to Mae hong son go south on highway 108 for 5 kilometers to left, go on for 22 kilometers.

First village Hua hee, no electric no goverment interfeerance, genuine.

Go another 9 kilometers Nong kao klang same again, ( i know i lived there for 15 months)

Next go 5 kilometers turn left, go 8 kilometers Hoi pum fat village.

Many more if you go further.

This road (track) is only suitable for motorbikes or 4wheel drive, not cars.

Any of these hilltribes still in traditional dress? From my own wanderings I have only seen during festivals but had better luck north of Tachilek.

Any ideas of festival dates for any of the hilltribes?

Thanks

There are some hill tribe communities 30 klm from CR , along the old Chiang Mai road , we have friends who live there(hilltribe) and they are wonderful people , no tourists go there.You will see the real thing and church on Sundays some of them dress up for that ..Wonderful