30k Pif Files

stumonster

so far this morning I have had two emails with a 30k pif attachment, both with different filenames.. anyone with more info

I haven t opened them, even though I am accessing the email server via its web application, am a bit worried it might contain some nasty html, though java is not enabled on this browser I use for most of my surfing..

was it worth posting this?.. prob not :o

Guest IT Manager

pif, zip, exe, com. Don't automatically click them. It will be either Netsky or Bagle.

Delete them, then install at least one virus manager, and a firewall.

And don't send me any emails please.

hi'

refer to the last alert I posted recently ...

sounds like netsky ...

and follow the advice of anyone who says, "what the he#l", "you don't have any antivirus!? ...get one and update it everyday! ... goodness, I can't believe this :o" :D:D

protect yourself :D

francois

Would love to know how you all worked out Stumonster does not have a virus scanner?

may be simply because any antivirus software even the worst of them would give an alert

on an attachement in .pif extension ...

or may be the software gives you an alert when you give a click on the file.pif :D

anyway, if present it's completly useless for 2 possible reasons, no recent update, or/and no virus scanning of mail attachement, in both case, either change it ... or change it :D

some programs don't scan mail-attachement if they are not coming through outlook :D

like Kapersky ... :o

francois