Anyone know a local source for these ?? Manual or digital not fussed..

Looking to get a bunch of plants started and kept going through dry season but take extended breaks away from this house.. Previous experiments have returned home to twigs.

Saw one pack in global house or home pro which was a garden watering starter kit, pictured on the box had a timer system but this was the entry kit with no timer inside.. Calls and emails to the bangkok company unanswered. Discussions at hardware stores drawn a blank.

Wouldnt have thought this was as hard to find ??

Hello All, if you want a timer to run a small pump, one of these will work,

the mechanical one has 15Min on per pin, the small digital has 7 on/off

cycles per 24H, both are off the shelf in LOS, the third one does the same

as the other digital timer, but each socket is programable, you maybe able

to find at JJ in one of the tropical fish stores, E-Bay or www.mechashop.com

has them listed, but were O/S, so I ordered mine O/L.

If you want a REAL irrigation timer with a pump startup connection, SuperProducts

has them(check their O/L catalog) or are sold through any store like DoHome,

Global House. SP's 4 station timer start at Bt.4,800, will run pump relay and 4

irrigation valves,1/2" to 3".

Amorn Electronic shops also have versions of dig and mech timers and Home Pro.

rice555

PS, if you would have posted this question on the Farming Forum, not the OG

sectiom, you would of had more hits.

Also it helps to say what area you are looking in, my info is for Korat.

When I go looking for something, I put a picture of what I'm looking for,

you know, a picture is wort a thousand words.

rice555

post-37242-0-39000600-1423551673_thumb.j

Thanks for reply.. I thought about the farming section but this is small scale stuff really.. Why I thought kitchen gardening / household style..

Ohh I can see how to switch electric with those.. I want to switch the water.. From a Tap / pipe / etc..

Am in Chiang mai but happy to order.. Even if I need to hit ebay.. Just easier in Thailand than out..

Like this http://www.amazon.com/Raindrip-R673CT-Digital-Water-Timer/dp/B0010OMGP2/ref=sr_1_41?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1423555762&sr=1-41

Set it up for a couple of times a day 10 minutes watering..

I have shown pictures and the whole concept of a water valve on a timer seems totally new, I get the alien with three head looks, even with my wife fluently explaining it and no one has ever heard of the idea. In fact when I found a watering starter kit which had it on the box (optional extra), they were reading the box as tho they had never seen one before.

10s of em http://www.homedepot.com/b/Outdoors-Garden-Center-Watering-Irrigation-Sprinkler-Timers-Hose-Timers/N-5yc1vZc63g

Seems they even have clever solar ones now.. But dont expect something that advanced here

darlac-timer_1638853i.jpg

Just a basic one would be enough..

018171672001.jpg

If you have a google under water timer you can get all kinds of very advanced 4 outlet ones programmable for many many different watering schedules etc.. None of that complexity is needed but even those are under 40 or 50 bucks.

Just looking for the most simple, inline water time.. To put on a hose system or direct on the tap.. Battery not mains preferred.

Edited by LivinLOS

Hello All, I think this link might work: www.superproducts.co.th:English:swf:section04.pdf

About half way down the page. Do you have a Global House in CM? You can call and

order from SP and do the bank money transfuer and they will EMS to you, they have

4 or 5 models that fit on a threaded faucet.

Don't worry about posting on the main page, I'm still wondering about asking about lawn

and lawn mowers on the farming forum, should be with the house and pet forum.

rice555

LivinLOS

I am going to buy one or more of these myself soon.

I have seen them.....and all the irrigation tubing/fittings etc in Thai Watsadu in CR.

In fact I took some pics last time......all good prices maybe around 1000 or less for the timer.

I'll look on the iPad and post pic not very good but will give rough idea.

If I can help you let me know.

I'll be up there again in a couple of days and could check more detail.

Found them, first one is timer also show fittings:

post-120824-0-66501700-1423620477_thumb.post-120824-0-17852600-1423620475_thumb.post-120824-0-19783000-1423620480_thumb.

Edited by cheeryble

OK we have a Thai watsadu here and admit not tried there yet.. Dont the home pro / global house / home expert etc..

Those look like the items, although there is a kind of timer you manually turn on, and then has a set countdown to turn off.. I need a both turn on and turn off one..

Am a bit incapacitated but will try to get out there in the next week.. Looks like just the item.

OK we have a Thai watsadu here and admit not tried there yet.. Dont the home pro / global house / home expert etc..

Those look like the items, although there is a kind of timer you manually turn on, and then has a set countdown to turn off.. I need a both turn on and turn off one..

Am a bit incapacitated but will try to get out there in the next week.. Looks like just the item.

Where the hell is Thai Watsadu in CM?

I did a search and got

" a friend suggested I try the new shop, Thai Watsadu on the super highway, headed south on the left hand side just after the Hang Dong turning."

Hang Dong turning on the Super.....what's that? w00t.gif

EDIT OK I got it

Edited by cheeryble

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks..

I actually picked up a couple (single outlet.. No doubles anywhere) just yesterday.. Been slow to act on it as recovering with a broken leg.

Were in the Thai Watsadu.. Despite assurances from SGC Home Mart that they do have them in the CNX store, the staff were clearly 'mai mee'..

Got something rough rigged up yesterday but going to have another run through and get some better sprinklers, some piping for making branches and adapters.. Its a work in progress.

They are the ones pictured above in post 6..

I think they were 700 for analogue and 800 for digital.. I picked up the last 2 analogue ones, one digital left.. Other stores even ones that understood what they were, were sold out / out of stock.. I guess they sell a lot.

I wanted the 2 output timer system but beggars cant be choosers.. Some piping and 2 of 1 outputs can work..

In fact.. As it seems I can power less lawn sprinklers than I thought from one output (pressure / flow issues) I can even see a 3rd timer going in soon and some misters for another area.. Instead of doing it all home made bodge would be great to spend the decent money for one clever 4 output model.. but given how hard finding one output is here thats an international mail order for sure. Maybe bear that in mind though if your trying to build a garden system larger than a couple of sprinklers. This needs to operate in sections at different times or multiple sources to have good pressure, your not doing a garden on a single hose.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There's a shop in Kamtien market that has a lot of timing equipment some of it very sophisticated, we also bought our drain piping there for our french drain. It's opposite the fish market and they often have turf outside for sale.

I did have a try in Kamtien before but you know how it is.. Can be 2 doors away and get the mai mee, without any pointer that next door has..

What I rigged up worked really well through dry season and will become less important over the next few months. Its actually a really useful thing, and has made me rock certain that any build will have a decent multi zone timer system added for garden maintenance.