Britain prepares for possible Greece exit from eurozone

webfact

A Greek tragedy is being played out....

It will be a Greek tragedy,if we have to bail out Greece yet again,they want a new deal to keep them in. Let's give them a decent send off, sorry Costa's, the EU can't afford passengers that don't pay their way,and never did!

In the end you are really just bailing out Deutsche Bank which loaned Greece a whole lot of money so that a few people in Greece could buy German cars. And the Deutsche Bank somehow imagined that Greece would pay back those loans by selling olive oil because let's face it, Greece doesn't actually produce much else for sale. The tragedy was that the EU decided that despite centuries of data to the contrary, the cure would be austerity, placing the burden of the banker's folly upon the ordinary Greek citizen who they then demonize as being lazy, etc. T'is a shame that the German bankers were too lazy to do their own due diligence.

If you are willing to invest a few hours I recommend watching a few online videos of economist Mark Blyth, or read his book "Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea". Although I warn you, Blyth suggests that the tragedy of the Euro will become a global tragedy.

The Euro crash has been a accident waiting to happen for at least 2 decades! at least the UK never signed up for monetary union,but that's another story!

Edited by MAJIC

A Greek tragedy is being played out....

It will be a Greek tragedy,if we have to bail out Greece yet again,they want a new deal to keep them in. Let's give them a decent send off, sorry Costa's, the EU can't afford passengers that don't pay their way,and never did!

In the end you are really just bailing out Deutsche Bank which loaned Greece a whole lot of money so that a few people in Greece could buy German cars. And the Deutsche Bank somehow imagined that Greece would pay back those loans by selling olive oil because let's face it, Greece doesn't actually produce much else for sale. The tragedy was that the EU decided that despite centuries of data to the contrary, the cure would be austerity, placing the burden of the banker's folly upon the ordinary Greek citizen who they then demonize as being lazy, etc. T'is a shame that the German bankers were too lazy to do their own due diligence.

If you are willing to invest a few hours I recommend watching a few online videos of economist Mark Blyth, or read his book "Austerity: The History of a Dangerous Idea". Although I warn you, Blyth suggests that the tragedy of the Euro will become a global tragedy.

The Euro crash has been a accident waiting to happen for at least 2 decades! at least the UK never signed up for monetary union.but that's another story!

At this moment in time,the majority of the UK Electorate would love to be in the position of Greece,with a possible exit of the UK from the EU. 8 weeks from now i'm sure UKIP will not win the Election but will emerge in a position of true power! and able to bargain with the Conservatives or Labour!

Please get these Greek fraudsters out of the union...

Then as a compensation for going in defraud i fine that we just take some of these greek islands and declare them ours...smile.png

Bye bye greece pay your own bills from now on.

Yes. Blame Greece. But also blame all the short-sighted, idealistic ninnies that created the EU and the eurozone. If this happens (and actually, I don't think it's so much a case of IF it happens as much as WHEN...), there'll be more pain ahead, and not just for Greece. Greece isn't the only basket case. Spain next?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Perhaps David Cameron, via whichever method he chooses, could place the importance of a British citizen over the Greece debacle and answer my letter !

No chance, they are to busy trying to save their careers in the EU to worry about anything you might have to write about. Amazes me to see British politicians in such a hurry to give up British sovereignty to those idiots in Brussels.

Perhaps David Cameron, via whichever method he chooses, could place the importance of a British citizen over the Greece debacle and answer my letter !

Cameron does'nt work for the British people ,he only works for himself.Right now he is concentrating on winning the Election in 8 weeks time! his chances are far from good! to put it mildly.

In terms of proportion then I'd say the chances of getting a response from our elected leader are between slim and fat chance.....

With any luck Greece will drop out of the Euro and go back to drachma. Then within a few months after the drachma has devalued a few times Greece will again be affordable for tourists. At the moment I can get kebabs cheaper in london than most places in Greece

Remember about 10 years ago Turkey demanded to be allowed into the EU, saying if they let Greece in but not them it was racism. EU got away with 'let's give it a few years and we'll reconsider.' I don't expect the topic to emerge again anytime soon.

• Like 1