Thailand Curcuit new MX Track and Races - Nakhon Chai Sri - 2015

ll2

So, finally they have built a proper mx track with international standards in Thailand near Bangkok. It is located at the same premises of Thailand Circuit located around 60 km to Bangkok based on Nakhon Chai Sri.

Owner Thongchai Wongsawan is a nice and dedicated guy for motorsports of course mainly motorbikes. Nice guy, had a chance to meet him once. He mostly attends to FIM international meetings and this will be the main mx race series for Thailand.

Thanks for Kraitos for his hard work on this and dedication he is putting on motorsports especially for motorbikes in Thailand and wish to see nice international mx races there.

They have the opening races between 6th to 8th of March 2015 which i am thinking on going there. Maybe i go buy an mx bike!

Not sure when will they open this mx track for track days though. Maybe ASAP. Good news for dirt riders!

Finally we have a full mx track in Thaland and that close to Bangkok!

Just be informed!

10959631_10204390366177389_4024087928184

• Like 2

It is good to have a new mx track near bangkok.It would be good if they could organize a proper mx national championship in Thailand rather than this stupid supercross championship they have. How is a supercross championship supposed to help the upcoming Thai or farang riders get to the levels of other countrys? Supercross is just something for the winter months in most countrys and motocross is what its all about. Thats why there will never be a regular GP rider from Thailand.

Its good to see they managed to get the MXGP back to Thailand this year with all the issues there was with payment to the FIM. The FIM only just received the money for the first GP held in Thailand in 2013. They still haven't got last years money but since they got the money for 2013 they allowed it to come back. Apparently this has something to do with why it was moved to Nakhon Chaisi.

Its such a same though, that the track at Si Racha has been left to overgrow and fade in to the country side. That was a great track with great soil, almost sandy. The photos iv seen of the new track on facebook also look good but the track map shows its much more supercross style than your normal GP track. I guess it will suit RV2 so will make good spectating.

Definitely looking forward to the weekend anyway, hopefully the facilitys will be a bit better to at the new place. They didn't have much in the way of stalls selling stuff at the last track and no monster tents or red bull test for pit partys with the monster girls :-(

• Like 1

It is good to have a new mx track near bangkok.It would be good if they could organize a proper mx national championship in Thailand rather than this stupid supercross championship they have. How is a supercross championship supposed to help the upcoming Thai or farang riders get to the levels of other countrys? Supercross is just something for the winter months in most countrys and motocross is what its all about. Thats why there will never be a regular GP rider from Thailand.

Its good to see they managed to get the MXGP back to Thailand this year with all the issues there was with payment to the FIM. The FIM only just received the money for the first GP held in Thailand in 2013. They still haven't got last years money but since they got the money for 2013 they allowed it to come back. Apparently this has something to do with why it was moved to Nakhon Chaisi.

Its such a same though, that the track at Si Racha has been left to overgrow and fade in to the country side. That was a great track with great soil, almost sandy. The photos iv seen of the new track on facebook also look good but the track map shows its much more supercross style than your normal GP track. I guess it will suit RV2 so will make good spectating.

Definitely looking forward to the weekend anyway, hopefully the facilitys will be a bit better to at the new place. They didn't have much in the way of stalls selling stuff at the last track and no monster tents or red bull test for pit partys with the monster girls :-(

at least we will get Criminal Burger there for sure:)

I am sure there will be more stands and in Thailand, it is hard to be hungry.

1510425_10204399815853625_26174774284624

Pretties will be there too:)

10993478_10204399861734772_7500017412887

Edited by ll2

I enjoyed the previous event at Chon buri and will go to this next month, the superbikes in Buri Ram seems like a load of hassle with hotels and tickets so I will go to this instead. Hope they make it open to the public for practice days after the race. 60 kms from BKK for a GP standard track would leave me no choice but to buy a 2 stroke and wring its neck at least once a month :)

• Like 1

I enjoyed the previous event at Chon buri and will go to this next month, the superbikes in Buri Ram seems like a load of hassle with hotels and tickets so I will go to this instead. Hope they make it open to the public for practice days after the race. 60 kms from BKK for a GP standard track would leave me no choice but to buy a 2 stroke and wring its neck at least once a month smile.png

luckily, there is a dirt bike mechanic in my soi and sometime i see a lot of off road bikes covered with full of mud and dirt during weekends possibly coming back from a dirt track.

and they rent mx bikes!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I went to this yesterday, pretty good event. Bit of a pain to get in as they didn't want people going in from the North side (presumably because the road was so bad) so I had to loop around the facility and come in from the south. Parking was easy though and 1020 baht each for tickets.

Track was OK. About 1:30 lap times and more SX style IMO, big jumps, doubles, triples etc. I sat by the start gate for the first moto and then moved to the finish line jump.

Herlings dominated 250's and Villipoto won the first 450 moto quite easily, with Cairoli taking the second. Not as good as the previous location at Chon Buri which had lots of natural elevation changes and nicer dirt, better for viewing from the hill as well. This one was man made on flat ground (on top of the road circuit) which is why it felt a bit more "Supercrossy".

Anyway, fun day out. Anyone else go?

Cairoli finish line jump.

20150308_134102_zpsnthwtovg.jpg

Villo finish line jump.

20150308_134022_zpsh8phjex0.jpg

I was there, had a good day out.

Just before I arrived I met some Thai guys who had a spare ticket, so got in for free smile.png

Made some short videos, will upload them later. The weather was great, just a tad too hot, but liveable.