fixed motorbike cam

MrJ

Hi all,

anyone has expirience with a bike mounted bike camera? Planing to order one for my car and may ad on additional motorbike cam for my Forza as well....

dont like the helmet cam as it doestn allow to store the helmet below the seat

Thanks Mr.J

Hi all,

anyone has expirience with a bike mounted bike camera? Planing to order one for my car and may ad on additional motorbike cam for my Forza as well....

dont like the helmet cam as it doestn allow to store the helmet below the seat

Thanks Mr.J

Most of, if not all, action cams have a quick connect mount. Shouldn't be an issue unclipping the cam and storing it below the seat, if your helmet won't fit there. Also I'd guess that most of them have handlebar mounts, gopro does.

Yes but a GoPro isn't a dash cam, it's an action cam. Hope you know the difference.

From the OP, he mentioned wanting to order a cam for his car (so I assumed it's a dash cam) and one for the bike. The bike cam will have to be an action cam and they're not very suited as dash cam substitute.

Come on papa!!

The action can is just a very rugged video cam.

The dash cam is essentially vehicle's "black box". It overwrites the footage keeping the most recent video on memory card so in case of accident you have some proof to fall on.

Action cams don't have this option of "cycling" recording. Once the memory is full, you'll need to erase it and start the recording again. Pain in the arse if you ask me, if you use the bike every day.

Dash cam you set and forget until you need it (hope you won't ever need it).

Different markets really.

The gopro copies have loop recording.

Didn't know that.

How's the quality of those copies?

Do you have any links to those copy models? If cheap enough and not too bad quality, I'll order one and trow it onto my bike.

I've been using my GoPro HD (the original HD one) for this purpose, with a large memory card so I don't need to stop and flash the card very often, but it's still a pain to do it.

I ordered Ojoicam last night for my vehicle.

http://www.amazon.ca/OJOCAM-Pro2-Mini-0803-Samsung/dp/B00KVLN9MY/ref=pd_bxgy_ce_img_y

they have a quick release base (can buy an additional base for another vehicle for ease of moving the cam from one to another vehicle) so I was thinking of making it waterproof somehow and mounting a base on my bike permanently. Then I'd just take the camera off when leaving the bike somewhere and snapping it back on when I'm on the bike.

But if I can find something like a GoPro (preferably smaller in size) with loop recording, it would be perfect!

The gopro copies have loop recording.

Didn't know that.

How's the quality of those copies?

Do you have any links to those copy models? If cheap enough and not too bad quality, I'll order one and trow it onto my bike.

I've been using my GoPro HD (the original HD one) for this purpose, with a large memory card so I don't need to stop and flash the card very often, but it's still a pain to do it.

Only had mine a few weeks but very happy with it. Has all the same accessories as a real gopro.

Bought from Lazada for 2k bht.

if you want quality and long years of use it is Sony HDR series action camera or Go Pro. and as they sturdy, they are better for the conditions on a bike like rain, sun, humidity or falls etc.

both can be mounted on a bike, helmet or wherever you like. they can be mounted on a car as well but for a car, just get a cheap one. bc you dont drive a car for fun if it is not a ferrari etc and most probably do not want to store any videos and quality does not matter:) what matters is how sensitive it is for vibrations and bumps etc.

Edited by ll2

if you want quality and long years of use it is Sony HDR series action camera or Go Pro. and as they sturdy, they are better for the conditions on a bike like rain, sun, humidity or falls etc.

both can be mounted on a bike, helmet or wherever you like. they can be mounted on a car as well but for a car, just get a cheap one. bc you dont drive a car for fun if it is not a ferrari etc and most probably do not want to store any videos and quality does not matter:) what matters is how sensitive it is for vibrations and bumps etc.

Does SONY have a loop recording mode?

Because if OP, like me, is looking for something that can be used as a "black box", the loop recording is a must.

Only had mine a few weeks but very happy with it. Has all the same accessories as a real gopro.Bought from Lazada for 2k bht.

What its name/model so I can search?

Hi. The only identifier I can find on it is SJ4000. Try that along with 'action sport cam' and it throws up a lot of hits on Lazada.

Does SONY have a loop recording mode?

Because if OP, like me, is looking for something that can be used as a "black box", the loop recording is a must.

it can record thousands of hours at low quality so after a thousand hours of recording, you can delete the contents easily. never checked if it has a loop recording.

Yeah, no point of getting a SONY then or another action cam for me then, already have a go pro which can do the exact same thing. Wanted something that I can set and forget and not worry if I was out of memory when (if) I needed it it.

drift hd has a loop feature ,it continually records and if something happens you can hit the button and it will save the previous pre selected time frame of footage........however maybe not useful if you are maimed in the accident and cannot reach the camera to hit the the button.......wink.png

Yeah, no point of getting a SONY then or another action cam for me then, already have a go pro which can do the exact same thing. Wanted something that I can set and forget and not worry if I was out of memory when (if) I needed it it.

this Sony FDR-X1000v is the best action camera on Earth now IMO.

it is a recent new model and has loop recording and now it has 4 k recording.

check it out.

http://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/actioncam/fdr-x1000v-body-kit

Sony-action-cam.jpeg

• Like 1

For the past year I've wanted a dashcam front and back to record potential accidents but none are waterproof.

One time a pickup truck backed into my stationary scooter with me on it; I made him give me 200 baht for paint.

A sports cam has to be manually switched on/off and most of us are too lazy for a quick ride to 7/11.

The key thing about a dashcam is it will turn on/off automatically when wired into a switched source.

So if you splice it into your headlight or whatever; it will turn on/off with the bike.

I recommend you read these 2 sites.

https://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-buying-guide/

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-dash-cam/

Seems as though an LCD screen is good to have but might attract thieves so this Mobius is a good option but needs the car power adapter.

http://www.spytecinc.com/mobius-1080p-hd-action-camera-wide-angle.html#.UydvPlFdWHl

I thought these things were expensive but they are so cheap now I might try both from the Wirecutter's review.

None are waterproof yet, but I think some black silicone glue can fix that.

The uglier it is; less chance someone will try to steal it.