AMLO now seizes Boy’s Lamborghini car

Lite Beer

AMLO now seizes Boy’s Lamborghini car

2-12-2015-12-20-03-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) has decided to seize the luxury Lamborghini car of TV actor Pakorn "Boy" Chatborirak after having considered that it was bought with laundered money and resold to the actor.

Boy reportedly bought the car from Kittisak Madtujad, a fugitive key suspect wanted in connection with the conspiracy to embezzle over 1.6 billion baht from the bank accounts of the King Mongkut Institute of Technology Latkrabang campus.

Kittisak is still at large.

AMLO secretary-general Pol Col Sihanart Prayoonrat said today that decision to seize the luxury came from the fact that Kittisak used the money he embezzled to buy the car and resell to the actor.

This was a money laundering act, and therefore had to be seized, he said.

But he made clear that if the actor wanted to use the car, he could do so by placing deposit as collateral.

He said the value of the deposit would be assessed by officials basing on actual and market price, and not on the price he bought from the suspect.

He said the actor could also petition the court to prove his purchase of the car.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/amlo-now-seizes-boys-lamborghini-car

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-12

There must be more to this story. I thought he bought from a Dealership, who was selling it for Kittisak. He said he never met Kittisak.

How was Boy supposed to know where the money came to buy the car in the first place?

I have a few cars and bikes. Some from Dealers, some private. How do I know the police won't show up one day and say I have to give it back because the guy before me used stolen money, or drug money or whatever.

...so there must be more to this, otherwise it makes no sense.

Or did I just answer my own question?

Pretty much anywhere in the world, if you buy a stolen car in all innocence and then discover or the police discover, you lose the car. This is no different. In the real world, probably over half of the people that buy stolen cars know or strongly suspect they are stolen. They always claim to know nothing when the truth is uncovered. Do you think Pakorn knew or was even told anything was untoward? Do you think the cheap price set off any alarm bells? It matters not, he loses the car but only Pakorn truly knows whether he entered the purchase knowing it was dodgy.

But this car wasn't stolen but suspected of being bought by a previous owner with illegally obtain money, then sold via a dealer to this guy.

If this seizure is justified because of suspected stolen money, so could any land title where funds are proven to be illegally obtained by distant owners. Which means no asset is safe.

There is more to this story than is being released.

• Like 1

But he made clear that if the actor wanted to use the car, he could do so by placing deposit as collateral.

Only in Thailand cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

All he has to do is put the deposit in a brown envelope and place it under the table. Thainess at its bestlaugh.png

Only in Thailand cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

All he has to do is put the deposit in a brown envelope and place it under the table. Thainess at its bestlaugh.png

And that's gonna happen eventually.

The tip of the ice berg and a drop in the ocean of the shady goings on of the rich and elite.

I'm waiting for them to seize Chalerm's Pink Bentley ... mostly cos it's such a disgusting color.

Lady Penelope would disagree with you

• Like 1

The tip of the ice berg and a drop in the ocean of the shady goings on of the rich and elite.

I'm waiting for them to seize Chalerm's Pink Bentley ... mostly cos it's such a disgusting color.

Lady Penelope would disagree with you

yeah, I guess I don't live in the same fantasy world as Lady Penelope, Chalerm, and all the other rich types do.

There must be more to this story. I thought he bought from a Dealership, who was selling it for Kittisak. He said he never met Kittisak.

How was Boy supposed to know where the money came to buy the car in the first place?

I have a few cars and bikes. Some from Dealers, some private. How do I know the police won't show up one day and say I have to give it back because the guy before me used stolen money, or drug money or whatever.

Pretty much anywhere in the world, if you buy a stolen car in all innocence and then discover or the police discover, you lose the car. This is no different. In the real world, probably over half of the people that buy stolen cars know or strongly suspect they are stolen. They always claim to know nothing when the truth is uncovered. Do you think Pakorn knew or was even told anything was untoward? Do you think the cheap price set off any alarm bells? It matters not, he loses the car but only Pakorn truly knows whether he entered the purchase knowing it was dodgy.

Nobody is claiming this car was stolen at any time in the past.

The charge is the last owner purchased it with laundered money.

They could claim your condo developer built your condo using laundered money and grab it from you using the same story.

It casts doubt on the legal ownership of any item purchased in Thailand, new or used.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They should have seized it for being Green who wants a green lambo

Not as bad as the Taxi blue one I saw yesterday with yellow Brembo's

may have money but NOOO taste

Edited by Lobber

For sure it makes no sense to buy an as-good-as-new luxury sportscar for a ridiculously low price and pretend you had no idea something might have been wrong with the deal...

• Like 1