Marriage and baby

Rinrada

I just got married with a Thai woman in Holland.

I like to know if our marriage status is also valid in Thailand.

Do i have to register it and if 'yes' where?

Same question is about the baby. Do i have to register our baby also for Thai law?

I hope someone can give me some answers of point me an internetadress where i can find information about this :o

Kind regards,

Saxxer

Their website ssems to be down, but here is the contact info:

Royal Thai Embassy

Laan Copes van Cattenburch 123,

2585 EZ,

The Hague

Consular Section Tel. (31-70) 345-0632, 345-2088

Fax: (31-70) 345-1929

E-mail : [email protected]

Tel. (31-70) 345-2088, 361-7955

Fax: (31-70) 360-8743

I got married to my Thai wife here in London 2 years ago and no problem.She nows has an indefinate UK visa and a 1 year EC Shengen Visa,works locally and pays taxes.She will probabally get her UK passport in 2 years time.We usually go to Bangkok 2-3 times a year where we both have our own house,business,and various plots of land around the country. (she) I have a condo in Teparak...Mai Peng..In Thai..Phut Cha-Cha...and dont worry. ::o:

• 1 year later...

just be careful in your selection of a partner... :o

A Thai man who masqueraded as a woman to wed a German man has failed to get the marriage annulled, and now seems saddled with his husband.

A German court dismissed the Thai's request for an annulment because same-sex marriages are not recognized in Germany, and therefore cannot be reversed.

"I don't know why they got married, whether it was love or the desire for a residence permit," said Ulrich Skwirblies, a spokesman for the court in the western town of Celle.

The 42-year-old Thai married the man in Denmark under a false name in 1994 and was later granted German residency.