Thais told to give warm welcome to Chinese tourists

webfact

my chinese friend wanted to reply to the critics on this site " i velly unhappy as der peple on the internet hear sey no good theengs about ass chinese, we never sheet like a berd on the nest or speet on the flour when we have supper in the rostraunt, we always calm perple and no yelling eff pessible too, harmany good for ell cultuures and never mend the badd habbetts of uthers " regards schnable barista and carpetbagger

my chinese friend wanted to reply to the critics on this site " i velly unhappy as der peple on the internet hear sey no good theengs about ass chinese, we never sheet like a berd on the nest or speet on the flour when we have supper in the rostraunt, we always calm perple and no yelling eff pessible too, harmany good for ell cultuures and never mend the badd habbetts of uthers " regards schnable barista and carpetbagger

Your mates a Mexican??:P

• Like 1

No time like the present to begin bowing to your new Chinese overlords. The US is driving Thailand towards China, China is offering pie-in-the-sky, unbelievably cheap loans for Chinese trains. China is offering military hardware and cooperation, etc.. What could go wrong? Thailand has not been a colony of a foreign power before but there can still be a first time; welcome to the 21st century where China is building its military and infiltrating everywhere with their fifty year plan.

Beijing: In July this year an article was published in Chinese daily, titled 'Six wars to be fought by China in the next 50 years'. The article mentions six wars, including one with India, that need to be fought by China in order for it to achieve its dream of becoming the super power of the world.

http://defence.pk/threads/story-of-six-wars-in-50-years-how-china-plans-to-become-worlds-superpower.284554/

China makes increased military spending a top priority as People’s Congress meets

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/china-to-boost-military-spending-107-percent/2013/03/05/aaa62f10-8565-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394_story.html

attachicon.gifChina's Military Spending 2000 - 2014.gif

India is very much afraid of China and is an ally of the West. India has nukes and would use them to flatten China. India is very much aware of China's ambitions and China is out of luck. Like Thailand, China is too big for its britches.

India is scared of China, yes, but is India really an ally of the West ??

Has India got a modern navy and army ? I think India are more busy looking at their future war with Pakistan, rather than confrontation with China.

China is too big for its britches ? China won't beat the USA in a war. But I think it's trade and economy is starting to dominate much of the Far East.

"India is scared of China, yes, but is India really an ally of the West ??"

'Not a formal military ally in the traditional sense, but probably more aligned with the West than with China at this point. There actually ARE some non-defense related treaties in place (ex, India-US Civil Nuclear Agreement, India-US tax treaty, an extradition treaty). And there've been some joint military exercises.

"Has India got a modern navy and army ?"

They are definitely working to modernize, but are of course constrained by their financial resources. For example, they recently launched an aircraft carrier (INS Vikrant, Aug 2013; due to be commissioned in 2017; and are planning a second, nuclear, carrier - INS Vishal - to be commissioned by 2025). I believe they have a third carrier in refit which was Russian-built. And they do of course have nuclear capability. Not exactly a backward nation, militarily...

"I think India are more busy looking at their future war with Pakistan, rather than confrontation with China."

I don't think they take "future war with Pakistan" as a given, but I agree they probably spend more time day-to-day worrying about - and dealing with - Pakistan than China.

"China .... But I think it's trade and economy is starting to dominate much of the Far East."

...a generalization, and subject to debate. To glibly state it as fact is an overstatement and obviously subjective.

Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 1

You just have to laugh at these military people running the country on one hand they are saying to be generous to tourists and the other they are saying charge them 10x thais rip them off. When the P.M said he was a funny man he was right.

India is very much afraid of China and is an ally of the West. India has nukes and would use them to flatten China. India is very much aware of China's ambitions and China is out of luck. Like Thailand, China is too big for its britches.

India is scared of China, yes, but is India really an ally of the West ??

Has India got a modern navy and army ? I think India are more busy looking at their future war with Pakistan, rather than confrontation with China.

China is too big for its britches ? China won't beat the USA in a war. But I think it's trade and economy is starting to dominate much of the Far East.

"India is scared of China, yes, but is India really an ally of the West ??"

'Not a formal military ally in the traditional sense, but probably more aligned with the West than with China at this point. There actually ARE some non-defense related treaties in place (ex, India-US Civil Nuclear Agreement, India-US tax treaty, an extradition treaty). And there've been some joint military exercises.

"Has India got a modern navy and army ?"

They are definitely working to modernize, but are of course constrained by their financial resources. For example, they recently launched an aircraft carrier (INS Vikrant, Aug 2013; due to be commissioned in 2017; and are planning a second, nuclear, carrier - INS Vishal - to be commissioned by 2025). I believe they have a third carrier in refit which was Russian-built. And they do of course have nuclear capability. Not exactly a backward nation, militarily...

"I think India are more busy looking at their future war with Pakistan, rather than confrontation with China."

I don't think they take "future war with Pakistan" as a given, but I agree they probably spend more time day-to-day worrying about - and dealing with - Pakistan than China.

"China .... But I think it's trade and economy is starting to dominate much of the Far East."

...a generalization, and subject to debate. To glibly state it as fact is an overstatement and obviously subjective.

Hello hawkwe9000 !

What I have written is subjective ? Well, yes, off-course. :)

I like to think though, that my opinions are generated from what I read in the media.

The Far East. The biggest economy (after China) is Japan, and Japan is an ally of the USA. But let's look at the economy of Japan. Japan actually exports slightly more to China than it does to the USA. And for imports, it imports far more from China than from the USA. And then there's Vietnam. Vietnam's biggest export market is the USA, China comes third. But when it is imports, China accounts for about a quarter of their imports, USA only about 5%.

Now, bearing in mind that China is far closer to the Far East countries than America is, well, it's not surprising that China accounts for a large percentage of the trade. And yes, as the media are always saying, China is still rapidly growing, the number of Chinese tourists visiting other countries is set to carry on increasing.

I look at the comments put up here onThai Visa, comments about the issue of more and more Chinese tourists in Thailand. What comments do we see ? Constantly going on about how they 'shit and piss' everywhere. About how rude they are, they are noisy, rude, they spit, etc. This is certainly not the image produced by newspapers in Britain. I would regard the comments on Thai Visa as being 'harmless fun' at best, racist views from bigots might be another view.

Why are these silly views constantly being put up ? Silly comments about Chinese tourists and Chinese investment in Thailand ? Got to have comments about Chinese trains and buses are 'crap' and will fall apart ? Why ? :)

I think this need for China-bashing is based on people feeling worried and insecure about the increasing Chinese influence and domination everywhere. People are conscious of 'most of the flatscreen televisions and electronic goods sold in Europe and America is made in China'. And when we are in Thailand, China's growing economic and political influence in Thailand can be seen by everybody. A lot of foreigners in Thailand feel uncomfortable about this. Hence, the need to have a pop at China. And the need (for some people) to claim that the Thais prefer Europeans/Americans rather than Chinese.

Thanks for reading !

Told or ordered?

It's so tricky to tell the difference nowadays.

Told or ordered? What does it matter.?..I wouldn't do either..why should a lot of these street-shitters and pissers be especially welcomed? Government tells people to do this and that...but they are not there to experience the aftermath...I think these same ones to give recommendations and orders to be the same ones to experience what the ©hinese leave behind. Idiots...

Shiting and pissing iin the street is hardly eclusive to the Chinese. There isn't a day goes by I don't see a local, mostly taxi drivers but others as well, pissing by the side of the road. Spitting in the street is also a common practice among the local population. It's a cultural thing in some parts of Asia. The real show though is in the UK on a Friday and Saturday night at club chucking out time. Pissing and shitting in the street with the added bonus of projectile vomiting. As I said - it's hardly an exclusive Chinese thing.

Yes, Birdsandbooze, a funny and realistic post ! Actually, the town centres in England are a dangerous place on Friday and Saturday nights. And the tourists in Thailand who do get drunk and cause problems. Are they Chinese ?? I think most of the so-callled pissheads are from Europe or Australia. :)

"It asks all Thai people to give them warm welcome while assuring that related agencies will help inform the Chinese about Thai customs and culture."

As strange as it might seem to them, driving on the wrong side of the road and sending other motorists to the emergency room is not a Thai custom. I never imagined anyone could make Thai drivers look competent, by the Chinese have accomplished that and in a big way.

Other customs which are not Thai:

1) Stopping in the middle of the road to look at a map or take photos

2) Spitting on the floor of a restaurant

3) Relieving yourself wherever you happen to be

4) Using sacred/holy vessels to dispose of your used toilet paper.

5) Talking at such a high level that no one else can even hear themselves think.

Commenters...Please add to the list as you see fit.

Don't forget throwing boiling water on flight attendants when you don't like your seat assignment.