Difficulty in implementing high-speed train to resort provinces

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Its 60 miles bangkok to pattaya.

Is this really worth having a high speed train for?

Further than you may wish. Actually 150km 0r about 93 miles.. Still not worth the expense of an HST.

No doubt TAT would be selling the train experience. "By train to Pattaya, you will come faster."

Far better to extend the elevated Airport Rail Link which is quite fast and improve the "maintenance".

It could even be extended to U Tapao and Sattahip.

A high speed line over this distance is perfectly feasible. The Guangzhou-Zhuhai Intercity railway in Southern China runs at 200k/m for 116 kilometres serving 22 stations in total. I've been on it and the service is excellent.

Whether or not there is a viable market for it another matter, but any effort that this country can make to resolve its current chronic road traffic problems is, IMO, worth pursuing.

Yes but how many people is it serving on a daily basis going from Guangzhou Population over 12 million to Zhuhai population 1,5 ,million, We are talking about a High speed train takiing tourists to a resort ,Not commuting China;s inter city high speed Trains are not comparable

• Like 1

They will come..At some point in time.

High speed Trains are the way to go.Cutting back on travel time and there for connecting all these coastal cities with the capital gives numerous advantages

Not only tourists riding those trains most will be thai office workers.

thais will relocated to these coast towns example Jomtien, Chonburi Cha am with their families. while they can continue to work in Bangkok as it max takes 45 minutes.

each train station will be transformed into small high end suburbs with malls and real estate condos schools ..Its clearly the right step forward..

• Like 1

I can already see the news reports of idiots trying to beat a high speed train across a RR crossing. Officials here are not smart enough to put in crossing barricades and the locals are not smart enough to know that they are there to stop traffic and protect lives. After all, they have their mini-shrines and good luck charms plastered all over their vehicles.

you are right,

the shrine industry will invest,

as this will increase theie business with sarcophages,

propably already stored in the last waggon for immediately sell and use :-((

High speed Trains are the way to go.Cutting back on travel time and there for connecting all these coastal cities with the capital gives numerous advantages

thais will relocated to these coast towns example Jomtien, Chonburi Cha am with their families. while they can continue to work in Bangkok as it max takes 45 minutes.

each train station will be transformed into small high end suburbs with malls and real estate condos schools ..Its clearly the right step forward..

all nonsens!

It means only relocation of some centers like condos, shop malls, schools;

Only relocation , nothing else !

Further than you may wish. Actually 150km 0r about 93 miles.. Still not worth the expense of an HST.

No doubt TAT would be selling the train experience. "By train to Pattaya, you will come faster."

Far better to extend the elevated Airport Rail Link which is quite fast and improve the "maintenance".

Or follow the demise of the Airport Express.

different vehicles !!

airport Rail is a train, which travells normal as a fast speedtrain - maybee up to 120kmh,

investment would be economical possible, just railway crossings have to be builded !

that seems ok for me; not more than 5 stations between BKK and Bang Saray;

A TCV - should stop only once to pattaya ( Rayong for the japans industrie )

illusionary that normal thai people would ride with this train,

as tickets ! MUST " be expensive to cover investment and service ;

I would be happy with both trains,

as street will get more free for me !!

My train starts always in my garden of my weekendvilla in Bang Saray and brings me direct to my house garage in BKK;

24 hrs a day, every minute ready to start on my demand !!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't want to be blunt mate , but thats not going to happen Trains , not High speed trains are the way forward, High speed costs far too much to construct, You think people will live in Pattaya and commute, is that when the Thai's are on 40k a month and can afford their monthly high speed ticket. High speed is cutting edge Rail technology and super expensive that is why not many countries in the world have High speed lines 6 if you include Spains dabble with it. All of those other countries are financially sound and developed industrial democracies. Thailand has neither the means or capability of building and operating a high speed railway, More importantly they do not need one

• Like 2

Pattaya is in desperate need of a rail or air link. The trip down to one of Thailand's prime resorts is appalling by car especially with the road works taking a lifetime to finish. Personally I'd open up U-Tapao if it were at all possible.

It's appalling when you get there as well.

If mr. General and madame wife of another general care to know, tourists are not interested in a bullet train, they prefer the wobbling 1 day Chiang Mai train.

The non-interest in what foreigners or better even expats have to say, will backfire on you. The fast train will bankrupt you and iso of making face you will lose it.

If Japan and Europe can do it Thailand can do it. Optimists !!

The Us does not have them mr.general.

Japan has a GDP ten times the size of Thailand. Europe is not a country and France (TGV) and Germany (ICE), have economies and populations bigger and richer than Thailand plus many more large industrial and commercial cities.

The United States has fast passenger trains on the east and west coasts where there are large population centers and many cities. They have a huge mostly efficient transcontinental freight rail network coordinated with and in competition with the Canadians.

They have no transcontinental HSTs as they would prove uneconomical due to distances.

Several years to complete just the "study" which will already be obsolete and then 5 years to prepare specifications and budget requirements plus 5 more years to settle court disputes and, and, and, no present

reader or his/her grandchildren will be alive to see this to it's possible completion ! How about erecting just 1, ( one ), public toilet near my home, ( a Porta A John will do ) ?

The Prime Minister made it clear.

Please read;

"On an idea of Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha to constructing high-speed trains running to popular resorts between Bangkok to Pattaya and Bangkok to Hua Hin, he said the idea should be considered by the next government."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/800332-13-bidders-to-contest-for-energy-exploration/?utm_source=newsletter-20150214-1516&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

The next government would still be under NCPO control so what's the difference?

May be the transportation big shots (incl the general and madame) ought to have a look at the fast train track #2 in construction from the north to Bordeaux (France for you who don't know).

They may get scared off, and wake up from their dreams.

all nonsens!

It means only relocation of some centers like condos, shop malls, schools;

Only relocation , nothing else !

May i assume u still a bit drunk from ur last night out on the town ?

How to relocate condos,shop malls then ??,..The only way to do so is to built up some new urban developments besides all the still to built train stations..

Its clear you gonna miss the boat with this train project.

Don't want to be blunt mate , but thats not going to happen Trains , not High speed trains are the way forward, High speed costs far too much to construct, You think people will live in Pattaya and commute, is that when the Thai's are on 40k a month and can afford their monthly high speed ticket. High speed is cutting edge Rail technology and super expensive that is why not many countries in the world have High speed lines 6 if you include Spains dabble with it. All of those other countries are financially sound and developed industrial democracies. Thailand has neither the means or capability of building and operating a high speed railway, More importantly they do not need one

Well we do not have to agree :)

I think your solutions are old fashioned..And by the time any train is riding they be even more out dated..

High speed Trains have the future and by the time its operational in Thailand they be so common in most countries of the world.

Sure more then enough management level office workers can commute with this train..

By living more far away from BKK they can save money on schooling and housing for their family members.

Well we do not have to agree smile.png

I think your solutions are old fashioned..And by the time any train is riding they be even more out dated..

High speed Trains have the future and by the time its operational in Thailand they be so common in most countries of the world.

Sure more then enough management level office workers can commute with this train..

By living more far away from BKK they can save money on schooling and housing for their family members.

Very True buddy, I'd love to see high speeds everywhere , I help build them for a living so it would be good for my Bank Balance. Unfortunately practicalities say that they are and will be a luxury for a country like Thailand. Thats not to say they will never have one , just not in my lifetime

A high speed line over this distance is perfectly feasible. The Guangzhou-Zhuhai Intercity railway in Southern China runs at 200k/m for 116 kilometres serving 22 stations in total. I've been on it and the service is excellent.

Whether or not there is a viable market for it another matter, but any effort that this country can make to resolve its current chronic road traffic problems is, IMO, worth pursuing.

Yes but how many people is it serving on a daily basis going from Guangzhou Population over 12 million to Zhuhai population 1,5 ,million, We are talking about a High speed train takiing tourists to a resort ,Not commuting China;s inter city high speed Trains are not comparable

Do note that I said 22 stations. It's not just the railhead destinations that would benefit. There would be intermediate travellers along the whole length of the route. You're being too short sighted.

Actually I thought that a new rail link was being built from Mapthaput to Nong Kai for international industrial links, why cannot freight and passenger trains use the same lines as they do in many other countries, or would only building and using one line cut down on the number of opportunities to further fleece the taxpayer??

"Further than you may wish. Actually 150km 0r about 93 miles.. Still not worth the expense of an HST."

The mileage signs showing the distance from BKK on the motorway start at 15km outside the airport and show around 125km at the Sukumvit intersection so it must be less than 150km I think

Should have left that 'idea' in the slow-cooker for longer, dear sir. Just saying...

As for not receiving interests from the private sector to jointly invest in the projects... well that's expected isn't it? I mean, would I want to invest in a large-scale project like this with an 'interim' govt... I guess not.