New BMW Motorrad dealer in Phuket

eisfeld

Had some bad experience at Barcelona Auto in Phuket in the past when I wanted to check their bikes and heard many horrible stories about it and got put off by this from really checking BMW bikes out. Mentioned this to the BMW guys at the Motor Expo in BKK to which they replied BMW will shut down Barcelona Auto Phuket and someone else will take over.

Sure enough a few weeks ago the dealer closed down and today I spotted a brand new BMW Motorrad dealer on Bypass Road dedicated to bikes.

Stopped outside to look at the R nineT and a guy opened the door and welcomed me in to take a closer look.

The company is SIam Motorrad which I haven't heard of before but the staff was very friendly and seemed to know the basics about the bikes.

When I asked about the new adventure bike derived from the S1000R (forgot model name at the time) they didn't know about it but one guy took his phone and looked it up. Fair enough.

They had an R nineT, a S1000R (80k promotion), F800GS, some 1200GS and two or so other bikes on show. Demo rides only for the F800.

If only they made more models in Thailand with reasonable prices, they have some seriously tempting stuff.

The showroom is not fancy but what I liked was the fact that they actually have lots of bikes on show instead of fancy other things. They seem to focus on bikes, which I hope translates to good service.

Would be happy to hear if anyone dealed with Siam Motorrad before and what their experience was.

(The car dealer that took over is btw Millenium on the same road)

Had a R9T. Most unreliable and bad experience I've had and turned off the brand entirely.

Barcelona were terrible and couldn't rectify the electrical gremlins after 4 months off the road. Sold it and lost 20% for the 1100kms ridden.

I know a S1000 owner who also had some demons in the electricials and ditched it as well.

I'll stick to Japanese bikes thanks.