Accountants advising fraud ?

Na Fan

Hi all

I've now had several occasions where I was advised to commit fraud in one way or another by our accountant. Is this a common and "normal" scenario around here ?

Things along the lines of "oh no it's not illegal, we just pay under the table" - or like "just find some person, take their ID card and we pretend that we pay them X Baht for Y service to reduce this and that tax by Z Bhat".

I'm seriously considering changing to a new one, but I'd like to hear if anyone has had similar experiences - or if this is just how things are done in Thailand ?

• Like 1

To speak frankly if we are talking about law most things that you have mentioned are illegal, but yes many firms may have these practices it is not uncommon. I would advise that you use a professional Law Firm/Accounting company. I am not going to say that they would not find ways to cut corners etc. Think about if you were back in your country your accounting company is there to save you money on your tax and they will find every way to cut corners to save you money on paying your tax as well find every way to try to see that you get money back from the government. So honestly is it really any different then what your local accountant back in your country would do to save you money?

If you would like to know more about our accounting services that we offer and our legal services please do not hesitate to contact us at either 09 12393495 or 08 18089175
[somsak][/somsak]