How to contact a Thai person with only the name known?

ChaangNoi

Section 1323. A person who finds lost property is bound:

(1) to deliver it to the loser, the owner or any other person entitled to receive it, or (2) to inform without delay to the loser, the owner or any other person entitled to receive it, or (3)
to deliver it within three days to the police or other competent official and inform them of all circumstances within his knowledge which may be material for the person who is entitled to receive it.

However, the procedure provided in sub-section 3 must be followed it the loser, owner or other person entitled to receive the property is unknown or does not take delivery of it.

In any case the property found must be kept with reasonable care until delivery.

Because of the value and nature of the property I would prefer to not hand it over to the police without contacting the owner. However I am unable to find any address or phone number that is current for the owner of the property.

Knowing just a name what is the best way to contact someone in Thailand? Phone number would be better than an address.

Thanks.

Hop over to your local Thesaban or Amphur office where they do the ID cards. Ask politely if they can run the name in the computer. It may well pop up a copy of their registration which has the address.

I've done this in the past, it works well if you have the name in Thai, less well if only English because of transliteration difficulties.

Mac

• Like 1

Hop over to your local Thesaban or Amphur office where they do the ID cards. Ask politely if they can run the name in the computer. It may well pop up a copy of their registration which has the address.

I've done this in the past, it works well if you have the name in Thai, less well if only English because of transliteration difficulties.

Mac

I do have the name in Thai and he evidently lives or used to live in a Provence that is far from here. Ideally I would like to call him but I will try this if all else fails.

Thanks.