RIP Monkey Club......

bangmai

I hadn't been there in years. I do recall looking for it on the advice of some guy at John's Place, who told me you could find a "nice" girl there. Seemed a little cleaner than usual, and somewhat pricier. According to CityLife; noise complaints had been its demise. But, like Doggey Monster, they are relocating, but don't yet know where. 15 years....a long run for this City.

yes Warm-up seems to be "The" place for the 18-25 crowd, complete with an army of tuk-tuks ready to charge you a hefty sum to go a few Km.

If it's really a place for the 18-25 crowd then it won't be long until it is closed down for good, as this would mean they operate illegally by accepting petrons under the age of 20......

;-)

• Like 2

Warmup is good. It's full of sluts.

Hey, screw you ya effin jack-o'-lantern. My daughter and nieces go to all the Chiang Mai Thai clubs, including Warmup, and they are not sluts unless you define sluts as young women who won't give you the time of the day.

• Like 1

Does Warm Up have the image of a place for western guys to pick up girls? If so, I guess they would have to be very young guys. I didn't think that happened around Nimmen, except for the Housewives place.

I am sure some farangs do and can, I would say warm up is more for 35 and under presentable farangs.. Fishermans pants or aging farangs not much hope. Its also more a get phone numbers to follow up.

I like a lot of the Thai joints around town, the fact there is a Thai middle class here, of young Thais out and about socializing in a mixed setting is a big appeal. But these kind of settings really benefit or cater to a group, bottle on the table, that style. Even going out with a buddy doesnt work as well and a solo farang cruising these would stand out.

BTW, the promo (for beer) at "Housewives" is 3 large Leo for 230 THB.

Did you have to blab? Now everyone's going to go there! tongue.pnglaugh.pngcheesy.gif

It'll be the new Monkey Club!clap2.gif

I don't think many of the Hillside IV crowd would go there if it were 3 for 129.

Just wondering, where might these nice places be? Am considering a night out.

Walk down the sois along Nimmanhamin (not on Nimmanhamin itself) or just about anywhere in Santitham, when you see a Thai restaurant-bar that has a good crowd and looks appealing, sit down and ask about promotions. It's not difficult to find some good deals.

• Like 1

Does Warm Up have the image of a place for western guys to pick up girls? If so, I guess they would have to be very young guys. I didn't think that happened around Nimmen, except for the Housewives place.

your right there young guys seem to rule a lot now in cnx 5-6 years ago never see a young farang around nimman, or even down town for that matter few back packers about that was it.