Tourists Protest Patong’s Beach Chair Ban

Jacob Maslow

I think hidden forces are pushing and pulling, with the tourists in the middle, these entities have long forgotten or never realised that it was the tourists who made them rich in the beginning.

It seems in their nature to watch it all fall apart while they squabble.

I think you're way too paranoid. 'hidden forces'. Christ.

I think hidden forces are pushing and pulling, with the tourists in the middle, these entities have long forgotten or never realised that it was the tourists who made them rich in the beginning.

Allow a little creative license will ya, clearly I have to spell it out. How about RTP, crooks, crims, vested interests, schemers, scammers all those who have profited and would like to continue, those with the loudest voices.

Do you not believe there is nothing going on in the background that causes this confusion and indecision.

Edited by Oziex1

How about this for a headline "Phuket Governor wants foreigners to get skin cancer"? Towels are allowed anywhere, but sunchairs AND PARASOLS are only permitted in the 10% allocated areas. So if you want to lay in the sun outside of those areas, say hello to Mr Skin Cancer. Also.. can you imagine the local "franchises" who are permitted to rent out the sunbeds welcoming you with open arms if you bring your own sunlounger or parasol!!! The governor of Phuket has now banned eating and smoking on the beaches too.

Is Phuket becoming the La, La, land of Thailand?

I though that they were having enough trouble

getting tourists to come to the place, and now are ticking off ,even more of the

tourists who do show up.

I guess the tourism minister of Phuket is either snoozing, or is not wanting

that part of the country to enjoy tourists and travellers anymore.

Good luck with that policy!

Maybe Phuket will have to plant some trees around the beaches again!

Honestly those chairs are an eyesore and nothing to do with the natural beauty of Phuket's beaches....indeed they hinder it.

I might have to visit soon if Phuket keeps up this good work. thumbsup.gif

Oh FPS. It's vague, but just an expression. I think you're nitpicking and way too defensive.

How about "social forces" or "social & political forces" or "greed & corruption"... Whatever you want to call it, tourists definitely are indeed increasingly caught in the middle of it. It's not that it's so mysterious or sinister - and that wasn't the point - it's just something over which a tourist has no control, no practical recourse, and very little choice (except to go elsewhere).

They say "It's more Fun in the Philippines!" Just might try that then...

more and more I'm thinking just for the purpose of vacationing at the beach/ocean this might be the better option. I am at least going to try it.

this thailand place is getting more and more retarded

• Like 1

TAT spend a fortune promoting Thailand but it is wrecked by Facebook and social media.

Sadly the old media and even well established websites are not able to control the truth anymore.

It would help if Thai officials could speak English.

• Like 1

They say "It's more Fun in the Philippines!" Just might try that then...

more and more I'm thinking just for the purpose of vacationing at the beach/ocean this might be the better option. I am at least going to try it.

this thailand place is getting more and more retarded

You might want to check out Palawan (Puerto Princesa, or maybe El Nido if you're a diver). About an hour's flight from Manila.

As I understood it you could use your own/rent but not from beach vendors. Off site rentals only. Is this

poor communication or is it police trying to stir the pot so they can return to beach vendor rentals and

kickbacks to be allowed to operate these businesses. blink.png