After attacks, Europe fights call for mass migration of Jews

webfact

they want them so they can tax them....!

So cynical.

It's actually quite a burden on Israel to absorb large waves of new people ... some of them are economically desirable and high skilled and many NOT AT ALL.

Also most do not speak the national language of Hebrew and that is required to function at any decent level there. So they have to take quite a bit of time to learn to be Israeli. They may be Jews but they're not Israeli upon landing.

Which explains why many French Jews are considering Quebec Canada with the caveat that with a growing Muslim population there it might not be such a wise long term choice.

Edited by Jingthing

Well, I still think assimilated Jews will probably mostly be OK in most of Europe ... but it's a good thing that Israel exists regardless. That is something relatively new in world history, Jews having a nation state with a strong military and nation state power. I wouldn't criticize people encouraging Jews to leave too harshly ... nobody knows the future and in the fullness of time that may turn out be revealed as good advice.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Some background on the push and pull factors of Jews making aliyah to Israel:

http://forward.com/articles/206328/anti-semitism-drives--jump-in-aliyah/

To put that in perspective, about 1 percent of French Jews and a whopping 6 percent of Ukrainian Jews immigrated to Israel this year — but only 0.06 percent of U.S. Jews made the move.

This is no shock. Israel’s Jewish population has subsisted on aliyah since the country’s birth, but most of those immigrants have been motivated by what are called “push factors,” or conditions that drive them out of their home countries. And even though Israel’s economy and infrastructure have improved in recent decades, “pull factors,” or conditions in Israel that attract immigrants, still aren’t as strong.

Sure in the wake of Paris and Copenhagen, some more will come from Europe now ... but it's doubtful the numbers will be anything very dramatic as in the past, that is, unless the situation becomes much worse.

I realize many will discount this video as propaganda as it shows a visible Jew deliberately walking though a Paris area with visible Muslims, but even so, it does illustrate some of the issues that VISIBLE Jews do experience in Europe. This is much less of an issue for assimilated Jews. So visible Jews are likely to consider going to Israel more seriously:

Similar Sweden. English subs in video, Start at minute 29:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cFYmhQMks8

The Paris walkthrough was interesting... and I don't even think the "set-up" angle of it is even significant, the results were so paltry.

Ten hours of walking for a minute of "evidence", and at least one of the half dozen or so "antisemite attacks!" was "Viva Palestine!". Why is "Viva Palestine" antisemitic? It's political, not racial, directed at a person perceived to be a supporter of Israel.

Another "antisemite attack" in the video was, "You're a Jew, are you OK?" in a concerned voice. Seemed like the "antisemite" guy thought the walker must have been lost for walking through a ghetto and was offering assistance! Antisemitism indeed.

The spitting "antisemite attack"....you'd have to ask the spitter why she/he spat. Maybe she/he had phlegm and bad manners.

Other "attacks" could have been directed at ANY passerby....ghettos can be like that to ANY stranger.

So, nine hours and 59 minutes of unremarkable footage, and one minute of mainly doubtful "evidence".

As usual, the Zionists want everything to be antisemitic so that that can play victim to justify their "defending Israel", which is in reality trying to settle more Palestinian land and ethnically cleanse those pesky Arabs from the Jewish Promised Land.

Bothering a random visible Jew in Europe with Viva Palestine is indeed blatantly antisemitic and irrational and unjust harassment. It is treating every Jew in the world as a proxy for Israeli government policies. When that hatefulness is taken to extremes, you see the murders of European Jews for the same reason ... seen by Jew haters as representatives of the Israeli government. Israel demonizers hiding under the cover of "anti-Zionists" can spout the same lies 1000 times ... but anti-Zionism and antisemitism are indeed very closely related and it is quite usual that rabid anti-Zionists are also rabid anti-semites. Anti-Zionism boiled down means denying the right of Jews to have a state for political self determination ... that is hateful against Jews specifically. Zionism does not mean that every Jew in the world should become Israeli ... in best case, it is a CHOICE.

To defend these kinds of attacks against random visible Jews as defensible anti-ZIonism/anti-Israeli is disgusting beyond polite words. This is not the same thing as legitimate criticism of Israel such as against settlements, etc.

If so many people see every Jew in the world as a legitimate Israeli target of abuse, from verbal to lethal, than, get real, more Jews will indeed move to the place in the world where Jews have nukes. It's called seeking the freedom to be yourself and survival.

Edited by Jingthing

Well, I still think assimilated Jews will probably mostly be OK in most of Europe ... but it's a good thing that Israel exists regardless. That is something relatively new in world history, Jews having a nation state with a strong military and nation state power. I wouldn't criticize people encouraging Jews to leave too harshly ... nobody knows the future and in the fullness of time that may turn out be revealed as good advice.

It's pretty obvious, Europe is scared that if the Jews leave, then the Muslims will only have the gentiles left to persecute. So we know why they don't want Jews to immigrate!whistling.gif

Seriously though, It is only a matter of time before Sha'ria law comes to Europe, the Europeans are to blind to see what is in front of their nose.

• Like 2

Well, I think most civilized Europeans appreciate that having at least a smattering of Jews around is a good thing for many positive reasons. I wouldn't give up the ship yet on European Jewry but if I was a French or Swedish Jew I would be sure to have a valid passport.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Just to say the irony of all this is, That you had the Muslim populations of Europe together with their far left sympathizers demonstrate against Israel over Gaza, and now since Charlie Hebdo and other similar incidences there is a backlash against the same Muslims.

• Like 1

Here is another reason not to be too harsh on the loud "calling Jews 'home' to Israel" voices.

Do not doubt there are forces in Europe with backing in the Islamic Jihadist world that are working to pull off a major attack on European Jewry.

Consider if such forces were able to pull off a major event similar to what the Iranians did at the Buenos Aires Jewish Community Center in the 1990s.

Imagine if they get hundreds or thousands of Jews gathered in the same place.

Then indeed you will see a REALLY dramatic spike in Jewish migration from Europe, and the move to Israel calls we're hearing now won't seem so reactionary to the families involved in retrospect.

If you think I'm being paranoid, I understand, but why?

Does anyone seriously doubt these forces would pull off such an attack in Europe if they could?

Remember to these haters any Jew anywhere is a proxy of the Israeli government.

Also of course, many of the Jihadists also suffer from classic race based antisemitism not needing Israel (antisemities before Israel certainly didn't) and also Islamic text interpretation inspired Jew hatred which I have read is embraced by ISIS.

Edited by Jingthing

Europeans must choose. There is only one way to make sure Jews, in the words of Merkel, "are secure." And that means getting rid of your Muslims. Who would you rather have living in your country, Albert Einstein, Gustav Mahler, Marc Chagall, Niels Bohr, Franz Kafka, Sigmund Freud, et. al. or the raving Islamist loon threatening to blow himself up on your subway?

Edited by Paulc01

Election year for Netanyahu....The only reason. By the way, he was widely criticized in Israel as well.

Why is it an election ploy? That implies that Israeli citizenry (the voters) are attracted to the idea of more immigrants.

With the housing crisis in Israel as it is, any Israeli with ambitions of owning their own home will hate the idea of more pressure on the housing market...supply and demand, prices will continue to rise prohibitively.

The call for more immigrants is more to do with future settlement building. "We have no room, we must expand further".

Settlement construction more than doubled in 2013; http://www.timesofisrael.com/settlement-construction-more-than-doubled-in-2013/

It is election related as it allows Netanyahu to put on the mantle of "Mr. Security", one who can provide a safe haven and protect all Israelis and Jews. In general, any public statement which somehow got to do with perceived threats to security plays well for his home crowd (not Israelis as a whole, but right wing voters).

The general view of Israelis regarding Jewish Immigration is favorable, especially with relation to the West. Numbers are relatively manageable compared with the waves of immigration from the former USSR. The housing crisis is not about lack of apartments, but more to do with high prices. Immigration on the current scale will not effect things much as immigrants get many benefits in this department. Most immigrants from France settle down in towns where there are already Jews originating from France, the West Bank is not the destination of choice.

The connection you're trying to make with the illegal settlements in the West Bank is incorrect, and not even supported by the linked article (which does not mention immigration).

Election year for Netanyahu....The only reason. By the way, he was widely criticized in Israel as well.

Why is it an election ploy? That implies that Israeli citizenry (the voters) are attracted to the idea of more immigrants.

With the housing crisis in Israel as it is, any Israeli with ambitions of owning their own home will hate the idea of more pressure on the housing market...supply and demand, prices will continue to rise prohibitively.

The call for more immigrants is more to do with future settlement building. "We have no room, we must expand further".

Settlement construction more than doubled in 2013; http://www.timesofisrael.com/settlement-construction-more-than-doubled-in-2013/

You might be right, i'm running with a half wind here. It was what the danish top rabbi, was quoted in the media, he was not happy about it at all - he is by they way related to a Danish jew, who is part of Netanyahu's government.

He was not part of Netanyahu's government, but member of parties allied with the Labor Party and generally pro-peace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Melchior

"Europe?" France and Germany are not all of Europe. Just another poorly written article trying to stir up the muck. According to the article there is no evidence, yet, that the cemetery was targeted because it was Jewish.

And before yelling "anti-Semitism!", which is what most seem to do because they can't seem to comprehend facts, I'm talking about the article, not jewry.

It would be very stupid and very short-sighted for Jews to move to Israel. Does anyone believe that the Muslims will allow Jews to continue to have their Israel in Palestine, after all the atrocities they have commited against the Palestinians? Sooner or later they will be strong enough to expell or annihalate them and it would be a second holocaust, probably much worse than the first. Just look at what is happening to the opponents of ISIL who are very likely to be the future masters of the Middle East, who have already made clear that their ultimate goal is the liberation of Palestine.

IS ultimate goal is to create a Caliphate, Israel's planned fate is secondary at best.

IS ultimate goal is not to liberate Palestine, but to subjugate, along with...well, everything.

To date IS does not even control the areas bordering with Israel.

they want them so they can tax them....!

Except that they will not pay full taxes for quite a while, and on the other hand get quite a bit of economic incentives at the expense of the state. Troll harder.

Edited by Morch
  • Like 2

It must be a dilemma for some of our esteemed members. On the one hand they would no doubt welcome a Jewish exodus from Europe, so they can cram in more of their preferred violent parasitic culture enrichers. However on the other hand Jews in Israel shoot back when attacked, which as we know only too well enrages some of our members.

Jesting aside I believe the situation in Europe will deteriorate in time unless drastic action is taken, which I doubt very much European politicians have the stomach for. I'll be watching the next Dutch election with interest, if the PVV manage to form a government then there may yet be a domino effect leading to European civilization saving itself. Jews are the canary in the coalmine, that's for sure.

The general sentiment among Jews in Europe does not seem to indicate that there is, in fact, a mass exodus on the cards.

Even figures pertaining to French Jews (the largest community) are not overwhelming in relation to the community size. The Danish Jews are even less likely to move.

Europeans must choose. There is only one way to make sure Jews, in the words of Merkel, "are secure." And that means getting rid of your Muslims. Who would you rather have living in your country, Albert Einstein, Gustav Mahler, Marc Chagall, Niels Bohr, Franz Kafka, Sigmund Freud, et. al. or the raving Islamist loon threatening to blow himself up on your subway?

That's odd, I seem to recall there was antisemitism in Europe way before Muslim immigration ever became an issue.

• Like 1

They won't either. Israel is far past needing a wakeup call.

These terrorists are going to get a lesson if they try to trap Israel. Israel is into self-preservation at any cost.

Israel is one of the "group of five." Group of five nations that have all of the means to deliver nukes. Planes, ICBM's, nuclear powered subs with nukes, silos, etc.

Israel will not go down without an Armageddon, which happens to be an area in Israel.

"Europe?" France and Germany are not all of Europe. Just another poorly written article trying to stir up the muck. According to the article there is no evidence, yet, that the cemetery was targeted because it was Jewish.

And before yelling "anti-Semitism!", which is what most seem to do because they can't seem to comprehend facts, I'm talking about the article, not jewry.

It's the third time since 2001, that this cemetery seen such actions.

It's a Jewish cemetery, headstones were sprayed with Swastikas and Nazi slogans.

Work it out yourself, oh smart one.

• Like 2

It's the third time since 2001, that this cemetery seen such actions.

It's a Jewish cemetery, headstones were sprayed with Swastikas and Nazi slogans.

Work it out yourself, oh smart one.

Yeah, it's one thing being skeptical, it's another thing being ABSURD.

• Like 1

These terrorists are going to get a lesson if they try to trap Israel. Israel is into self-preservation at any cost.

Israel is one of the "group of five." Group of five nations that have all of the means to deliver nukes. Planes, ICBM's, nuclear powered subs with nukes, silos, etc.

Israel will not go down without an Armageddon, which happens to be an area in Israel.

AQ variants are already on the Israeli-Syrian border.

IS affiliates are present in the Sinai Peninsula bordering with Israel.

Nukes got nothing to do with combating IS.

There ain't no Armageddon coming up that I'm aware of.

Chill.

• Like 1

AQ variants are already on the Israeli-Syrian border.

IS affiliates are present in the Sinai Peninsula bordering with Israel.

Nukes got nothing to do with combating IS.

There ain't no Armageddon coming up that I'm aware of.

Chill.

It's not your place to tell anyone on here to chill.

That's odd, I seem to recall there was antisemitism in Europe way before Muslim immigration ever became an issue.

Well, you can keep fighting the Nazis, if you want to. But see what happens if you rid Europe of each and every Nazi and would-be Nazi. Their numbers TODAY (and it is TODAY that we are talking about, not anti-semitic events of 70, 100, or 500 years ago) are insignificant. It wouldn't make a dent in terrorist acts against Jews, which are almost all committed by Muslims. So go ahead and spend your ammunition refighting World War II, and watch while people like Hollande and the Danish PM count up the bodies and then rush to the microphone to assure everyone there is no war between Islam and Europe. Well, maybe. It takes two to fight a war. The Islamists are at war, while the Euros sit on their tush and wonder why everybody can't get along.

It must be a dilemma for some of our esteemed members. On the one hand they would no doubt welcome a Jewish exodus from Europe, so they can cram in more of their preferred violent parasitic culture enrichers. However on the other hand Jews in Israel shoot back when attacked, which as we know only too well enrages some of our members.

Jesting aside I believe the situation in Europe will deteriorate in time unless drastic action is taken, which I doubt very much European politicians have the stomach for. I'll be watching the next Dutch election with interest, if the PVV manage to form a government then there may yet be a domino effect leading to European civilization saving itself. Jews are the canary in the coalmine, that's for sure.

Steely, I know you watch the Baltic Dry Index. An unusual coincidence has the Baltic Dry Index at it's all time low. For some reason this index correlates with an increase or decrease in world-wide anti-semetism. After WWI we had similar conditions which led us into the greatest depression. I expect we are headed there again and the "international financiers" will again be blamed. When the people suffer, they immediately look for somebody to blame it on.

Of course you are correct. I remember a 1967 BBC interview with Golda Meir where she claimed that should Israel ever face a destruction in battle, they would bring the whole world down around them. Or words to that effect. When arguing whether you would prefer Israel to have nukes before Iran, it is really a no brainer for the rest of the world. IMO, what you have just stated is exactly the basis for much of the world wide anti-semetism.

• Like 2