How to send money abroad

It's a long time since I needed to send money abroad. Having gone to my local SCB (business account) branch I was told they could not send money abroad (with or without an invoice?) and to go to their head office in Chitlom. Do I need to manufacture an invoice or is there a cheap and legal way of sending money (circa 60,000 baht) abroad?

Thank you.

I'm assuming that branch was a smaller bank and not facilitated to send money abroad. But I believe any major SCB bank can do this.

The cheapest & easiest way is through the bank ( TT or telegraphic transfer )

Just go in and fill out the transfer form, show your bank book & passport .....

I use Bangkok bank, I think it costs about 1,000 baht to send and it takes 1-2 days to end up in the account abroad.

If you cannot send to another account then you will have to use Western Union or similar , they are more expensive but it is direct and funds will be available immediately at the destination.

Yes it is a smaller branch. I'll try a larger one. Thank you.

Hi; just some quick advice: Thai banks will NOT transfer any funds to any foreign country after 3 PM ! - Since it will most likely take 1 hour to fill-in all their documents (at the bank), I strongly suggest you perform this "act" in the morning, okay ? Also; make sure you bring your Passport AND Work-Permit.

thumbsup.gif