Getting Home Country Business Income into Thai PayPal & Bank on ED visa

Hi everyone, I am studying Thai on my first ED visa and have an online business based in Canada, for which I use a Canadian business PayPal account connected to my bank there. As I still have significant ties back home, I am a resident there for tax purposes and will pay my taxes there.

However, my Canadian bank has strict regulations and requires me to close my account after not living there for six months.

My concern is that if I open a Thai bank and link a Thai PayPal account to it, will it be considered working in Thailand without a permit and/or require me to pay tax here as well?

Alternatively, if I opened a personal Thai PayPal account linked to a Thai bank, and sent money from my Canadian business PayPal account, would that still get me into potential issues with Thai immigration or revenue/tax?

I have been advised to look into a Singapore or HK bank account, but PayPal requires you reside in the country of the account so I can't use it to accept and withdraw money.

Any suggestions on what to do and the best way to go about it would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

I doubt that you would have issues in accepting money into a Thai Paypal account with regards to WP etc

However you may have issues in transferring money to yourself from your Canadian PP account, a friend of mine did that once and his accounts were flagged and he had to provide documents to PP

The best thing you can do is call PP for advice on that,

If your Canadian Bank is going to close your account after 6 months how are you going to transfer your PP funds to your Canadian Bank account? Also PP may decline your transfer request to your Thai PP if you do not have a valid Canadian debit card linked to your account, if your Bank account is closed you will not be able to provide this