set to boxes for tv channels , which one . details please

dirtycash

im due to be renting condo, i dont want to go to expense of paying 24k a year for tv package if condo is not renting . i have heard of these boxes with lots of sports channels etc for a 1 off payment. plus do i need internet for them , there will be a internet point suppied and fitted into my condo though i was at bbc internet shop and they reckon there is no cable connection in my area , only satalite.

any advice please , thanks

DC

Believe have seen recent posting that it is no longer available in this area as changed to another sat that is not normally watched - but believe was said it may still be on the Malaysia Astro system which would mean a subscription to there service and not all of Thailand can receive.

GMMZ boxes are not bad considering the cost if you have a KU dish. Many web sites as stated above offer various TV channels if you have good net service. ROKU is another box that offers internet TV with many choices, some free, some cost. And the gray market Vietnam TV requires a dish but pretty good value.

Why not just download filmon.tv? It's free with loads of channels as long as you've got a good internet connection. If you want sport then subscribe to 365sport. Loads of sport for just 600/month.

I have decent Internet speed connection - minimum 12 MB down / 4 MB up. I stream a lot of stations regularly (daily) without problems.

I registered and tried 365 but found it terrible. Un Watchable. My DL speed was 13 MB +

I have heard from people that I trust that 365 is good. But they also say you need 20 MB DL speed for it to work.

Me and my friends all use this service. It's excellent.

http://www.expatuktv.asia/

i cant afford to fork out 1,600 baht per month if my condo is lying idle and not renting. thats on top of my monthly tax and management fees, cannot be done. maybe ill provide a dongle and let any potential renters top it up when needed plus ill look into freeview channels. dont know how im going to manage to get tv channels in there cheaply.

Edited by dirtycash

You can get TV channels better than cheap, FREE. Is the TV a smart TV? If so, there are many of apps, websites that offer free TV. If not, you could purchase a 2000-5000 baht android box, set it up and teach people how to use. Its the only way to watch media anymore.

• Like 1

just had a thought , can you get free view built into tv as same back in uk and europe ?

Free Over-the-Air digital video terrestrial transmissions are available over much of Thailand that can be received with either a new TV set with a digital T2 tuner, or an older set with an external DVB-T2 set top box tuner and a simple 'digital' antenna.

But the content will be mostly in Thai.

You can also purchase a DVB-S2 Satellite set top box and receive 200 or more Free-to-Air channels, but most of that free content will be in Thai or language spoken in one of the nearby countries. If you want English, or any other language, then you're either looking at a special satellite subscription package, or delivery over the Internet.

Now the Internet speeds have improved in Pattaya you can now watch so many different channels and if anyone is interested I have many ways for you to watch TV from your Home countries and more.

UK/Dutch,Danish,Swedish,Norway,Spain,USA,French, Catchup services/films,shows,sport and many more pm me for more details.

The Ku and C-band providers such as GMM/PSI/CTH all have various subscription service (monthly) that you could opt for when occupied and just not when not or offer to guest if they want they pay. None of these require a set subscription as with most cable providers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Ku and C-band providers such as GMM/PSI/CTH all have various subscription service (monthly) that you could opt for when occupied and just not when not or offer to guest if they want they pay. None of these require a set subscription as with most cable providers.

psi requires a dish does it not ? i doublt they will let me put dish up on new condo. where do i go see these or where are they sold ? big c ?

Most condos should have a feed from a dish - although the Ku band dish is the small 60cm type that could be installed inside a balcony if in the right direction (line of sight to sat) so might be allowed.

If you need antenna best to use a local service to install as it needs to be pointed exactly and they have the required receiver to do this easily. Shophouse with dish type antennas on the front. But you can buy in Bangkok from dealers such as http://translate.google.com.hk/translate?hl=en&sl=th&u=http://www.9sats.com/&prev=search

You can also buy from Lazada or Big C/Lotus/7-11 and such - if you only require the box recommend Lazada for good price.

• Like 1