Thai Army dismisses socialite's military-themed birthday party

webfact

Army Dismisses Socialite's Military-Themed Birthday Party
By Khaosod English

14241758701424176280l.jpg
Photos from the military-themed birthday party of Singha heiress Chitpas Kridakorn ® in 2013.

BANGKOK — The Thai junta will not investigate the military-themed birthday party of a former Democrat Party spokesperson in 2013, as the attendees wore uniforms in the spirit of fun, a junta spokesperson said today.

Col. Winthai Suvaree was responding to the recent circulation of photos that show guests at Chitpas Kridakorn's birthday party in 2013 wearing military-style uniforms.

Under Thai law, impersonating a security officer is punishable by up to one year in prison.

According to Col. Winthai, the military only prosecutes those who don military outfits in an effort to fool others for the purpose of exploitation.

The dress-up theme at Chitpas’ party appeared to be for entertainment purposes only, he said.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1424175870&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-02-18

"According to Col. Winthai, the military only prosecutes those who don military outfits in an effort to fool others for the purpose of exploitation.

The dress-up theme at Chitpas’ party appeared to be for entertainment purposes only, he said."

Wouldn't this come under civil law, or perhaps the absolute powers cover everything?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The keyword here is "socialite" , not some dark skinned isaan girl having this party. alt=whistling.gif>

Ahh - Thai code word. Can't tell the players without a scorecard. Get your scorecards here.

I bet that party was a right hoot. Being in a big room full of the most pretentious and vulgar Thai society has to offer.

You're right, it wasn't that good to be honest ... despite all the free flowing "everything", my "King Naresuan the Great" costume didn't go down so well.

• Like 1

The keyword here is "socialite" , not some dark skinned isaan girl having this party. whistling.gif

Or some Chiang Mai, San Kampaeng family's favorite daughter. Too bad, Chitty and Yingy might have had a few notes to compare regarding where to get the best deals on Prada, Armani and DK and what their tastes are in French Wines.

Is she not an ex heiress now,i thought her father disowned her after her contraversial speech.

Not quite ex. It was her uncle, the real power, who was so angry over the damage she did to the brand when she announced that the poor were uneducated and should not have a vote.

I expect that there were some NAZI uniforms at the party , in keeping with her political philosophy.

Sadly, one of the uniforms in the picture is that of a WWII era Japanese soldier.

Hardly, the brightest move considering the number of slave workers who died building the railway up country.

It's a shame the Thais do not know their own history.

I am more scared of the uniforms NOT in the picture, like Prbkk suggested!

Is she not an ex heiress now,i thought her father disowned her after her contraversial speech.

Not quite ex. It was her uncle, the real power, who was so angry over the damage she did to the brand when she announced that the poor were uneducated and should not have a vote.

I expect that there were some NAZI uniforms at the party , in keeping with her political philosophy.

Sadly, one of the uniforms in the picture is that of a WWII era Japanese soldier.

Hardly, the brightest move considering the number of slave workers who died building the railway up country.

It's a shame the Thais do not know their own history.

The Seri Thai anti-Japanese guerrillas numbered 50,000, most of them recruited from the rural poor and aided by Buddhist monks. They passed vital information to the Allies and took part in commando operations alongside the British. Many of these poor Thais put themselves in grave danger spying on the Japanese and offering armed resistance to them, resulting in thousands being executed by Thailand's occupiers. It seems strange that Thailand doesn't make more of this positive aspect of their WW2 history.
  • Like 1