Visa Extension, new requirement

Getting back to the OP for a moment, what does the following mean specifically:

1) Completed notification for owner of residence and photo copy of their ID. Receipt stapled to passport as well as normal 90 day report.

What notification are we talking about specifically?

FULL Title of form is

NOTIFICATION FORM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED. or TM30

Photocopy of ID card for House-master, owner or possessor also required.

Receipt of this notification is stapled into passport.

Even this seems strange to me as I had read that this notification was only required for a change of permanent address or for visiting and staying temporarily at a different address. I have a yellow book as proof that my address has already been notified and copies of that were supplied to immigration.

No idea if another one with the same information will be demanded next year.

Last year when I did my extension, I walked away with 2 receipts stapled in my passport. First time I went for 90 day report it was no problem. On Thursday when I went back for the 90 day report, she took out the smaller receipt that had been there since the extension and said I had to pay a fine. I picked up my passport, opened it at the previous 90 day receipt and showed it to her. She just laughed and said sorry, stapled up the previous 90 day receipt so it could not be seen and added a new 90 day receipt.

The mind boggles. Have to say though, very quick, been in and out both times in under 5 minutes.

Edited by sandyf

Interesting. I've just moved to Chonburi City. I haven't had any interaction with Sriracha yet, but it doesn't sound like it will be fun from what I'm reading and hearing from the few foreign residents I've met around town.

I live on the outskirts, near the bypass/344 junction. Last year I got caught up in the UK passport fiasco and when I did my extension the passport was full up. Immigration went out of their way to find a spot for the under consideration stamp that had minimal overlap with adjacent stamps.

They are not very quick, looks like only one IO deals with extensions and on both visits she had 3 couples on the go at the same time so it ended up about 3 hours each time. No problems on the paperwork side but with the marriage extension they do ask for witnesses.

The 90 day reports are done in a different office and that is very quick.