What are the usual prices of entrance fees and drinks in Bangkok nightclubs(KU DE TA and Levels)?

thaichalina

If you fancy something less commercial and more mixed Thai/westerner crowd then both Narz and Glow in Sukhumvit 23 are worth checking out. The drinks in Narz are 200 baht for a 330ml bottle of beer or mixer, Glow is 175 baht for a 330ml bottle of beer or mixer. Sometimes there is free entrance or maybe 350/400 baht including a free drink. Narz is trance and progressive house on the ground floor, the upstairs is house/hip hop, but normally quiet. Glow is deep house, tech house and techno, I highly recommend Glow.

I have wrote about both clubs on my blog.

http://thetravellingphase.com/narz-club-bangkok/

http://thetravellingphase.com/glow-nightclub-bangkok/

• Like 2

Levels is anything but upper class, You'll be lucky if you can walk around and it's way overpriced. I'd suggest The Nest which is just around the corner , far more chilled out and better service.

Going down to BKK this weekend and usually hang out around 11. Will try The Nest...thanks for the tip

Most entrance fee is free. Some charge sometimes, some charge but let you in for free it you ask them to fix you a table and say you are going to order a bottle.

Most expensive I know of is Spasso that charges 800 for entrance fee, unless its free. Differ every time. Beer 100 up to 500 Baht for a small bottle of Singha, depends on place and time of that day. Happy hour or not etc...

800 Baht you pay to get in, & then pay 500 Baht for a small Singha, Total 1,300 Baht for a small beer, <deleted>,!! Some people have more dollars than sense , !!!!

Just back from my pub. 3 large Leo ,,,,189B. OK no pole dancing ,but a hug and a grope comes free. Sorry but this is not BKK.

Yeah i was just wondering as i actually never went partying around BKK. But i've heard that small beers in Kudeta and Levels are starting at 300baht which is really incredible since in EU (where salary is 3x higher) the price of the beer is the same.

Are there any clubs(thatare actually good) which have..well..normal prices,150baht or so for a beer,1000-1500baht for a bottle of some drink? I dont mind mix foreigners and thai+thai music

edit:I'm not a cheap charlie,but i really think 300baht for a small beer is a bit overpriced.Especially if one is not a tourist,like me,and has a normal salary for thai standard.If i would came here for a "1 week milionaire guy feeling" i prolly wouldn't care.Just wanna have fun by spending about 1000-1500 baht and not getting only 2-3 beers

Edited by thaichalina
  • Like 2

800 Baht you pay to get in, & then pay 500 Baht for a small Singha, Total 1,300 Baht for a small beer, <deleted>,!! Some people have more dollars than sense , !!!!

If I remember correctly from a couple of months ago, weeknights

entry at Spasso is free. But yeah a small bottle of beer is about 500. Weekends (I have heard) it's 800 to get in but this includes two drinks of your choice which actually works out decently if you ask for wine.

Anybody got a non-snide answer?

No entry charge to either Ku De Ta or Levels

A vodka soda will cost you approx 350+ THB in both place. I usually just buy bottles of vodka, but haven't been to either club in about a month and don't remember what a bottle costs.

Both clubs are pretty cool, although they play too much Hip Hop and I'm really only interested in House music.

Have fun!

Levels is anything but upper class, You'll be lucky if you can walk around and it's way overpriced. I'd suggest The Nest which is just around the corner , far more chilled out and better service.

Nest is not a club. Decent enough place to go with friends for a drink though.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Going down to BKK this weekend and usually hang out around 11. Will try The Nest...thanks for the tip

TRY OSKAS AND ABOVE ELEVEN ALSO I THINK U MAY ENJOY

A nice place to visit is Above11 in soi 11, 160 baht per beer and a nice view. Level sucks, too busy, terrible lay out for a club and a beer (after long waiting/ pushing) is 250 baht. 250 baht fr a beer is too much. Ku De Ta is a show off place, look at my suit, look how cool I am, sad place with overpriced drinks.

What are you looking for? What kind of music are you looking for? Because those two places suck.

• Like 1

Above 11 isn't a club though. It's a nice place but it's nothing like what the OP is asking for. Neither is Oskar, or Nest. I mean, it's fine not to like Ku De Ta or Levels (I don't like Levels myself) but it's someone asking about a nightclubs and then being told about a restaurant bars instead.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If you fancy something less commercial and more mixed Thai/westerner crowd then both Narz and Glow in Sukhumvit 23 are worth checking out. The drinks in Narz are 200 baht for a 330ml bottle of beer or mixer, Glow is 175 baht for a 330ml bottle of beer or mixer. Sometimes there is free entrance or maybe 350/400 baht including a free drink. Narz is trance and progressive house on the ground floor, the upstairs is house/hip hop, but normally quiet. Glow is deep house, tech house and techno, I highly recommend Glow.

Thanks to you and GotRIGHT for good recommendations.

Thanks to you and GotRIGHT for good recommendations.

It's nice to have some traffic reading about Glow and Narz on my blog and if it's helpful too that's even better!

Edited by tribalfusion001

Yeah i was just wondering as i actually never went partying around BKK. But i've heard that small beers in Kudeta and Levels are starting at 300baht which is really incredible since in EU (where salary is 3x higher) the price of the beer is the same.

Are there any clubs(thatare actually good) which have..well..normal prices,150baht or so for a beer,1000-1500baht for a bottle of some drink? I dont mind mix foreigners and thai+thai music

edit:I'm not a cheap charlie,but i really think 300baht for a small beer is a bit overpriced.Especially if one is not a tourist,like me,and has a normal salary for thai standard.If i would came here for a "1 week milionaire guy feeling" i prolly wouldn't care.Just wanna have fun by spending about 1000-1500 baht and not getting only 2-3 beers

I'll give you an honest advice since i'm been going around Bangkok for little over a year(i'm 29 years old guy).FORGET Levels and KU DE TA.Those places are filled with gold-diggers and of course it's overpriced(not saying there are bad clubs but you shouldn't focus on those two).

Do you like thai girls?Normal thai girls? Visit Route 66,Funky Villa and Glow nightclubs.Great girls,friendly atmosphere,not so many foreigners like in levels&kudeta,girls are great,normal,willing to talk and all around friendly&great atmosphere.You can really see the difference between the girls in levels and kudeta vs those 3 clubs(and some others).Year ago when i started going out i was practically going out alone,since then i've met so many guys and girls(friends) in those 3 clubs,let's just say nowadays im going out with so many friends that i've met in those clubs.Plus my thai improved a lot:) I'm YET to meet someone in lvl&kudeta and actually be friends with them.Very different clubs,girls wise.

Also don't worry about hookers or gold diggers in those 3 clubs,most of the girls there are normal working girls,university girls etc.

Prices: 40-50% cheaper than in lvl&kudeta.Bottle of johnny walker will cost you 1000-1500baht,vodka 1L bottle 1,000baht(fairly reasonable prices if compared with 3,500baht in lvl and kudeta!) and beer starts at 150baht.You'll have to pay entrance but you'll get free drink with that.

Sorry for my english,I'm on phone and english is my 2nd language.

you sound like a real douche

Edited by fey

Soi 11 is full of schit.

What was once an interesting soi in terms of bars/clubs has been turned into a cynical, tasteless theme street that falls short of its upmarket aspirations by a country mile.

Sponsors logos everywhere, stingy, watered-down drinks at gouging prices, formulaic chart hit music and greasy sex tourists chasing toughened street skanks in Pratunam cocktail dresses. sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vrJpEP3T5-

I simply can't WAIT until Disco Daryl (Tunnel, Bash) opens Chi UltraLounge on soi 13 in March/April.

Music promises to be upfront house grooves - strictly NO EDM - and they'll be getting back to bringing in the big name, international DJs not the clueless Thai rent-a-laptop jockeys playing 5 year old Rihanna and Pitbull tracks

Roll on April

• Like 2

Soi 11 is full of schit.

What was once an interesting soi in terms of bars/clubs has been turned into a cynical, tasteless theme street that falls short of its upmarket aspirations by a country mile.

Sponsors logos everywhere, stingy, watered-down drinks at gouging prices, formulaic chart hit music and greasy sex tourists chasing toughened street skanks in Pratunam cocktail dresses. sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vrJpEP3T5-

I simply can't WAIT until Disco Daryl (Tunnel, Bash) opens Chi UltraLounge on soi 13 in March/April.

Music promises to be upfront house grooves - strictly NO EDM - and they'll be getting back to bringing in the big name, international DJs not the clueless Thai rent-a-laptop jockeys playing 5 year old Rihanna and Pitbull tracks

Roll on April

Sounds like it be will a good club!

Soi 11 is full of schit.

Roll on April

Ok, help me out here please. I admit I am clueless about genres. All I know is there are two kinds of music, danceable and not. So I looked up house in Wikipedia:

"House music is a genre of electronic dance music ..."

And yet you seem to indicate that house is not EDM. Could you enlighten please? Not trying to be smart here. Just trying to learn.

Btw, I just googled Chi UltraLounge and it seems they are going to get the pod from the (now dead) Bed. That might actually make a decent dance hall.

Soi 11 is full of schit.

Roll on April

Ok, help me out here please. I admit I am clueless about genres. All I know is there are two kinds of music, danceable and not. So I looked up house in Wikipedia:

And yet you seem to indicate that house is not EDM. Could you enlighten please? Not trying to be smart here. Just trying to learn.

Btw, I just googled Chi UltraLounge and it seems they are going to get the pod from the (now dead) Bed. That might actually make a decent dance hall.

House is a form of electronic dance music, but I think Cypress was referring to the cheesy pop style EDM. I get my tunes from Beatport, the genres I listen to deep house, tech house and some techno, no cheese or even the whiff of cheese there!

Soi 11 is full of schit.

Roll on April

House is a form of electronic dance music, but I think Cypress was referring to the cheesy pop style EDM. I get my tunes from Beatport, the genres I listen to deep house, tech house and some techno, no cheese or even the whiff of cheese there!

Thank, tribal. But now my head is spinning. Deep house, tech house, techno, progressive house (from your earlier post) ... Whew! A veritable zoo.

Could you do us a favor if you ever get a bit of time? Post a list of genres and link to signature piece (on YouTube would be good) for each. I can't be the only neophyte/troglodyte who would benefit.

Yes, I have already done my homework and looked up Wikepedia (descriptions for people who understand music) and YouTube (popular compilations top the rankings). Not very useful. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Thank, tribal. But now my head is spinning. Deep house, tech house, techno, progressive house (from your earlier post) ... Whew! A veritable zoo.

Could you do us a favor if you ever get a bit of time? Post a list of genres and link to signature piece (on YouTube would be good) for each. I can't be the only neophyte/troglodyte who would benefit.

Yes, I have already done my homework and looked up Wikepedia (descriptions for people who understand music) and YouTube (popular compilations top the rankings). Not very useful. Thanks in advance.

There are lots of genres, but try https://pro.beatport.com/ for all the EDM genre types and if you feeling brave, then these are two mixes that I have created...

Deep house and tech house https://soundcloud.com/graham-franklin/08022015-mix-123-bpm-deep

Techno and progressive house https://soundcloud.com/graham-franklin/08022015-mix-126-bpm-techno-progressive-house

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1