Can a moderator explain the rule that does not allow a member of this forums to ask..

smeagol

No, when you're "living" on ThaiVisa, you're not in a democracy. It is privately owned, not your property and the owners get to make the rules. The sooner you figure that out the easier things will be for you.

There is a support forum on this site you must have missed. There was very recently a discussion about the ads there and admin assured they don't use pop ups here. I don't find any popups and in fact I have Adblock Plus turned off for this site.

None of the ads here obstruct my viewing, and I accept them as necessary because my use of the site is free to me, and the ads pay for the site.

Simple, really.

"Living on Thaivisa" ? I do not understand ? Not a democracy, but a private enterprise with rules made by the owners, you are quite right, once I stop questioning rules then my life will be easier, democracy, not on my shift

No, when you're "living" on ThaiVisa, you're not in a democracy. It is privately owned, not your property and the owners get to make the rules. The sooner you figure that out the easier things will be for you.

There is a support forum on this site you must have missed. There was very recently a discussion about the ads there and admin assured they don't use pop ups here. I don't find any popups and in fact I have Adblock Plus turned off for this site.

None of the ads here obstruct my viewing, and I accept them as necessary because my use of the site is free to me, and the ads pay for the site.

Simple, really.

"Living on Thaivisa" ? I do not understand ? Not a democracy, but a private enterprise with rules made by the owners, you are quite right, once I stop questioning rules then my life will be easier, democracy, not on my shift

If you stop questioning rules in the open forum you might get to continue being a member. Have you read the forum rules? There is a strict rule against discussing moderation in the open forum and doing so could get you banned from here, yet the title of this topic is about moderation.

Go ahead and keep questioning rules, but do it in the forum support forum, or PM a mod. Otherwise I predict you won't last long. I understand your desire to question rules, but there is a proper way to do it which will get you the answers you need without spamming the General Forum.

If you continue to act like you own the forum, I will start a countdown to your vanishing as in 5,4,3,2...

Lighten up, and have a great day. thumbsup.gif

I don't mind paying for Thai Visa, but I would rather do it as an annual expense then by trying to pick out the posts through the spam. Previous methods of filtering are no longer working.

Then why not download the TV connect pro app .. It's a paid app, but states --- NO ADDS

Sounds perfect solution for you if you don't mind paying but don't want adds

Already available in iOS store (guessing for android as well)

I don't mind paying for Thai Visa, but I would rather do it as an annual expense then by trying to pick out the posts through the spam. Previous methods of filtering are no longer working.

Then why not download the TV connect pro app .. It's a paid app, but states --- NO ADDS

PRO version available for iOS and Android, topic on it here - http://tech.thaivisa.com/thaivisa-launches-new-ad-free-mobile-app/4991/

George has posted on numerous occasions that the Thaivisa site does not use pop-up advertisements.

smeagol, kindly post a screenshot of a page that contains what you consider to be a pop-up ad. Perhaps somebody can then help you identify where it may come from and how to get rid of it. There is some malware that can cause it.

I do get Pop up adds quite often on the iPhone app... Only when opening TV free app..

Just got one this morning for Game Cookie Jam...

When open TV... The add pops up covering the whole screen... Then has a count down in top right corner ... 5..4..3..2..1.. Then turns into an x , and can then close it ..

Doesn't really bother me... But if you say this is not anything to do with TV, find it quite strange... As only happens inside the TV app..

Will try to remember to take a picture of the screen and post it next time it happens

PRO version available for iOS and Android, topic on it here - http://tech.thaivisa.com/thaivisa-launches-new-ad-free-mobile-app/4991/

That's a nice suggestion, but I use my desktop usually for Thai Visa, so what do you got for Windows 8.1?

I don't mind the ads. so long as they're "static". What DOES annoy me are the "roll over" ads. that expand to fill a large part of the screen & to obscure text whenever my cursor happens to touch them. It sometimes becomes like an assault course, trying to move the cursor around the screen without touching an ad. that might expand. Don't want to spend time inspecting each ad. just in case it might be a "roll-over" type.

George has posted on numerous occasions that the Thaivisa site does not use pop-up advertisements.

smeagol, kindly post a screenshot of a page that contains what you consider to be a pop-up ad. Perhaps somebody can then help you identify where it may come from and how to get rid of it. There is some malware that can cause it.

Maestro, thanks for your civil reply and offer of help. I get the same one as in post #13 and another more static one. I use an iPad and being a bit short sighted have accidentally pressed something on numerous occasions that starts a download of that game. Causing me to have to close all apps and restart.

If the Ads are part of thai visa then ok, I will live with them.

Thanks

Since smeagol did not start this topic in the subforum "Android and iOS App Support" we must assume that the question he asked is not about the use of the app. If he had posted a screenshot, we would know for sure. Let's give him another 24 hours to do so and if he does not, this topic will need to be removed for the reason that it makes no sense for two reasons:

1. He did not mention what platform he uses to read the forum when he allegedly gets pop-up ads.
  2. His comment about democracy makes no sense in the context of his post.
  3. His post discusses moderation publicly and therefore is in violation of forum rule 10.

OK, enough of this. This forum and this topic is not for members to list what type of ads they like and do not like. Please see this topic:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/788401-forum-test-with-ad-placements/

We are doing some design changes and testing different ad placements in the forum during the Christmas and New Year holidays.

The aim is to actually reduce the number of ad slots on the forum but change the placements. We are doing so called A/B testing together with Google.

If you have comments or questions, please don't comment on the forum (see forum rules), please contact support[at]thaivisa.com

Thanks

/Admin team

mfr_closed1.gif

OK, enough of this. This forum and this topic is not for members to list what type of ads they like and do not like. Please see this topic:

We are doing some design changes and testing different ad placements in the forum during the Christmas and New Year holidays.

The aim is to actually reduce the number of ad slots on the forum but change the placements. We are doing so called A/B testing together with Google.

If you have comments or questions, please don't comment on the forum (see forum rules), please contact support[at]thaivisa.com

Thanks

/Admin team

mfr_closed1.gif

Maestro, topic still open apparently...

I use the forum sometimes on my Android (but I use neither the app nor tapatalk), and there is an annoying first ad that asks me to wait 20 seconds.

Usually I just hit "back" and then "forward" again to get rid of that one, and then sometimes I also get a second popup, something red talking about breaking news and newsletter subscription (sorry, I don't read popups with attention).

That one is annoying because the page needs to fully load before the close button works.

Only then am I able to scroll (geez, 3, 4 taps with finger) to get to the "full version" button at the bottom of the page.

Then is the moment I always feel frustrated because:

1- the forum seems unable to memorize my preference for the full version on my device

and

2- the forum never remembers my login...

So the next thing I have to do to access the forum as I like it is to click "Sign in" ...

I feel the process above is unnecessarily long and complicated.

Thanks

/Admin team

mfr_closed1.gif

Maestro, topic still open apparently...

Now it is.

Note: The Ad you see on the mobile app does not show up for me once I log in and it continues to remember me even after I close the app and reconnect days later. And as mentioned the PRO version is now available that is Ad free.