Cbr 500, ninja 250 or ninja 650

parafareno

because he was insulted by my criticizm of the bike and you must be too

if that is the case, yes i am Indian but what insult you are talking about, i dont understand.

dont know man, just giving you advices here.

because he was insulted by my criticizm of the bike and you must be too

Me too? You mean Indian?

ok...

You must be Jew then if you're worrying about a few hundred baht per month difference in fuel from different bikes...

Look you got some good answers here already, if not satisfied, use google, something like users review including fuel consumption can be easily found on internet.

Also there was no need to sidetrack the tread with racial comments.

• Like 1

I don't think that would be the case, never seen or heard thais damaging other bikes for jealousy. The honda 650 is the best you can get for the budget.

from what I heard from owners, the CBR650 will make 18-22 Km/L

I get good mileage with my CB500F, 24Km/L in the city, but I've made 30KM/L when touring long distances (even 32Km/L )

... The heavier thirstier Ninja 650 will do only about half that. ..

Sorry but I call it rubbish. You'd see a few liters difference at the most, not 1/2 of any other bikes. 1/2 would be way over in the car's fuel consumption.

I was told 15-17Km/L from the Kawasaki shop. So yes that is just over half. The cbr500r can do 25Km/L the little ninjet about the same.

Sorry but I call it rubbish. You'd see a few liters difference at the most, not 1/2 of any other bikes. 1/2 would be way over in the car's fuel consumption.

... The heavier thirstier Ninja 650 will do only about half that. ..

I was told 15-17Km/L from the Kawasaki shop. So yes that is just over half. The cbr500r can do 25Km/L the little ninjet about the same.

So no personal experience? Told by whom? Some sales girl? OK

Sure it's possible to get that much out of Ninja 650, I can also get this much or worse out of many other bikes if I want.

I guarantee if ridden in a similar fashion as other bikes in the same class, 650 Ninja will be about the same

I am getting app 16-18km/l on my Versys 650 but are running it in so wary speed/revs a lot. The km/l (total) indicator on the instrument cluster says 18.3 km/l.

I think this engine went on the market in 2006 and only slight upgrades since, mapping for the FI and so on, perhaps a more modern engine will use less but not much.

The bigger the engine is, the more fuel it will normally drink, that's just the way it is.

My ex Harley was a thirsty beast, 10-12 km/l was normal when going somewhere. A 1550cc carb model.

I want my scooters to use as less fuel as possible, the tanks are small, so looking for gasoline stations all the time is a pain in the ass.

I think the fuel consumption on my V is okay, I bought it to have some fun on and I am having fun so don't think/care about km/l figures.

No you can't impress the girls here in Thailand with your MC's, they prefer as mentioned a nice car. All the mini cars you see on the roads typically has the "hallo kitty" sticker on them = a girl owned car. All Thais are grown up with scooters in the household, for most girls a Wave or a Ducati is the same same.

If you want to impress a girl here, take them to a gold shop and burn $$$wink.png

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

I drove versys I think but 6 years old when I was passing my exam, what a shitty bike....is Ninja 650 like that? That was such a horrible bike, no sound, low power etc..

I am not sure if it was versys, most probably, it was 650 kawa but not ninja with 1 cylinder

I am glad you mentioned your Harley drinks 1 leter per 10 km, mine is doing 12, so I was worried....but it is tuned up sportster with buell machine.....and I am keeping it just because of th sound, people just gets mesmerized by the sound, the turn around, look like they are in love etc.....

japanaese bikes will never be in the same league as Harley.

My harley is 15 years old all modded up bobber, and so comfortable to ride, suspension is just amazing compared to japanese versys I drove before...

update I was driving e6n kawa, so I am not sure if that is verysis or something, but it had one cylynder as I know

Edited by parafareno

I drove versys I think but 6 years old when I was passing my exam, what a shitty bike....is Ninja 650 like that? That was such a horrible bike, no sound, low power etc..

I am not sure if it was versys, most probably, it was 650 kawa but not ninja with 1 cylinder

I am glad you mentioned your Harley drinks 1 leter per 10 km, mine is doing 12, so I was worried....but it is tuned up sportster with buell machine.....and I am keeping it just because of th sound, people just gets mesmerized by the sound, the turn around, look like they are in love etc.....

japanaese bikes will never be in the same league as Harley.

My harley is 15 years old all modded up bobber, and so comfortable to ride, suspension is just amazing compared to japanese versys I drove before...

update I was driving e6n kawa, so I am not sure if that is verysis or something, but it had one cylynder as I know

Kawa er6n - 650cc, 2 cylinders, same "shitty" engine as Versus, same "shitty" engine as Ninja 650. 2 of your other choices will be even shittier. Better stick with your harley if you don't like Japs.

....but it is tuned up sportster with buell machine.....and I am keeping it just because of th sound, people just gets mesmerized by the sound, the turn around, look like they are in love etc.....

you sure it's love and not this?

• Like 1