Advise on UK visa for son needed

You should really get him a UK passport, I do not how long it takes to get a passport now when I got my sons one it took about 4 weeks but that was a few years ago now. If the ECO notices that your son is in fact British then I am pretty sure they will not issue a UK visa for your son.

Edited by theoldgit
Commercial link removed

the procedure is as follows

Firstly you have to make an appointment via an e-mail to the VFS in Bangkok

The e-mail address used is [email protected]

Then you wait for the appointment, in the meantime you download the application form OS and the credit card form from following link www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

You fill in the forms and Copy all the documents required as published on the British Embassy website

You take your application, documents, appointment sheet and original documents to the VFS Global in Wattana who will check the documents are correct.

all the Thai documents supplied are translated to English making sure that your child’s name has been spell correctly and you must photocopy all pages including every passport page in color the reason is because they send the copies to Liverpool not the originals, you must also copy the translations in color, so when you submit your documents in Bangkok you have the following-

• The full set of original documents
  • The full set of color photocopies
  • The full set of English translations
  • The translations also copied in color
  • Do not forget a counter signature on the back of the form
  • Also the babies photographs with a white background.
  • Then they will send to Liverpool passport office located in Old Hall road Liverpool were your passport will be processed
  • The new passport will then be returned only to the VFS Global office in Bangkok were you will get a telephone call to go and collect your passport they will not send
  • You must take your old passport as identification to collect the passport

Documents needed for a UK babies passport and birth certificate

Father Originals
Passport
Birth certificate “must be long certificate with mum and dads name on”
Mother Originals
Passport “If have”

Identification card

Household book “tabien baan”

Birth certificate

If married original marriage certificate

Change of name certificate

Divorce certificate

Baby Originals

Thai birth certificate
Household registration

Passport photographs x 2 “must be white background”

Hope that it helps

Edited by MaprangHolmes

I would not arrange a visa( family i assume) for your wife until you have your child's UK passport in your hands. I am still waiting for my son's UK passport to be issued which i submitted more than 6 month's ago in Bangkok....meanwhile my wife has a visa to come to the UK from Ist December 14...she is stuck in Thailand with our son whilst i am here in the UK...

Cheers...

There is a pinned thread on this.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/773527-uk-visa-for-child-entitled-to-uk-citizenship/

It is best to apply for the British passport here. The alternative is a Certificate of Patriality, for his Thai passport, and costs around 300 GBP.

Tony M why not advise to get Right of Abode in Thai passport.

TonyK. My error. I meant Certificate of Entitlement ( C of E to the Right of Abode, to give it its full name). "Patriality" is me living in the past, even though it is the same thing with modern day terminology.

• 1 month later...

Hello Tony M,

Looking for some advice about the right to abode.

Do you apply for this at the same building as the visas in bangkok or through the embassy.

I have looked but I cannot seem to find any info on this

Kind regards

You use the same online application system as any other visa applicant. On the first page, where you give your basic details - name, date of birth, etc - the last 3 questions are about what type of visa you require. The section is headed " Visa Type".

For the first question - "Reason for visit" - select "Other"

For the second question - "Visa type" - select "Others"

For the third question - "Visa sub type" - select "Certificate of Entitlement".

Edited by Tony M
  • Like 1

When considering whether to apply for a British passport or for a Certificate of Entitlement to Right of Abode in one's foreign passport, you should be aware of two things:-

1) If you get a C o E in your foreign passport, you can't subsequently be issued with a British Passport, at least until your foreign passport expires. (The validity of the C o E is limited to the validity of the passport). - and ditto if you have a UK ppt, you can't get a CoE in your other one.

2) The C o E gets you waved through at a UK Border Control, but does not confer the benefits of visa-free travel to other countries entitled by a UK passport. So for example a side-trip from the UK to Europe would still require a Schengen visa.