Education Visa Clarification.....

Hi Guys,

Hoping anyone could clarify this up for me please?

Me and my mate are over here on a one year education visa. Back in the UK when we applied for the visa, we were told by our school that the minimum lessons you can do for an ed visa was 180 lessons over the course of the year. We sorted all that with the school, got the relevant documents etc etc and received the visa from the Thai Consulate in London.

We have arrived in Chiang Mai for our first lesson and now the school tells us that we have to do a mimimum of 2hrs per lesson and 3 days a week, until a new rule comes into play where we will have to do 2hrs lessons per day for 4 days a week.

Now, I just want to clarify that I do want to learn the Thai language, that was a big part in me coming over as i would like to live at some point in my life over here. However, 4 x 2hrs per weeks seems abit excessive! Espeically as the 180 lessons is supposed to last me the whole year too.... they will be gone within no time if I have to do that amount of learning.

Does anyone know about this? are they right? are they wrong? What can I do?

I will appreciate any help.

Cheers,

Eddie

For the practical side of things.

Ask your school how many 90 days extensions they can obtain with the amount and hours you paid for. As ubonjoe mentioned, that could be as little as a a single one after the initial 90 days of the visa. Extension cost Bt 1,900.

After that is finished you can stay in Thailand end legally study with a tourist visa.

Cost is Bt 2,000 plus trip expenses to Laos. It allows you almost six months stay with two 30 days extensions again at Bt 1,900 each.

You could then study an pay at your own pace and the school would have not to obtain any approval from authorities.

• Like 1

I have been told today at my Language School (in Asok Bangkok), that extension will be 1 month only for everybody with no more interview at immigration office. (Chiang mai will remain with 3 months extension, and Pattaya may be...). To be continued...

I have been told today at my Language School (in Asok Bangkok), that extension will be 1 month only for everybody with no more interview at immigration office. (Chiang mai will remain with 3 months extension, and Pattaya may be...). To be continued...

I don't believe what you've been told is true.

Anyway would you appect accept that? Doing extensions at immigration every month for Bt 1,900 ?

I don't believe what you've been told is true.

Anyway would you appect accept that? Doing extensions at immigration every month for Bt 1,900 ?

Might be Pro Language. Something is going on with them from what I have gathered....but I don't know what.