Microsoft’s Thai Innovation Center Will Assist Tech Start-Ups

thai tech

Microsoft’s Thai Innovation Center Will Assist Tech Start-Ups

bigstock-Microsoft-Building-60941885-702

Microsoft and the National Science and Technology Development Agency are joining hands to open a Microsoft Innovation Centre in Bangkok. The center will assist tech start-ups under Thailand’s digital economy policy.

The goal is to help entrepreneurs develop their innovation and digital skills. The center will also help support local businesses and students through information technology.

Pichet Durongkaveroj, the Science and Technology Minister, says that technology is expected to contribute to Thailand’s economic growth and will enhance the country’s competitiveness.

The goal is to help entrepreneurs develop their innovation and digital skills. The center will also help support local businesses and students through information technology.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/microsofts-thai-innovation-center-will-assist-tech-start-ups/5114/

Anything which can influence Thai youngsters to appreciate and learn about science, .....and steer away from hocus pocus (horoscope, ghosts, etc) is a good thing. Thailand had an option to allow NASA to open a science/weather center, but Thai politicians dropped the ball on that. NASA would have been a better influence than MSFT, but so it goes.

Best of all, would be Thai youngsters getting out and enjoying nature and fresh air, instead of crouching over digital devices for long hours, while getting physically debilitated and cross-eyed.

I've gone out on nature hikes with Thai youngsters, (ages: late teens to mid-20's). I'm over half a century old, and can climb steep rocky ravines much faster than the young ones. Here's the pattern: I climb up for 5 minutes, then wait for ten minutes while the group catches up. Then I climb some more, but by that time, most of the group gives up - too strenuous. They'd rather sit at ground level listening/staring at their hand-held devices.

Edited by boomerangutang
  • Like 1

Microsoft is way behind in hand held devices and servers, which have growth. They maintain market share on desktops/notebooks, which are not growing in sales, and games. Thais are good with their hands and are patient. Robots and automation using micro controllers (Arduino/PIC) is better suited for Thailand because :

1. Automotive

2. Agriculture

3. Hard Drives