Damn bad service in Koh Phangan

vieseng

I am with my family which has small kids now stuck in Racha Ferry Pier at Koh Phangan . The ferry workers very rude to scold us and ask us wait with NOT SURE excuse to leaving by TODAY . In fact we here at 8am to wait for 10am ferry . Now they saying must book ticket 2days ago . But won't be sure have ticket on ferry after 2 days . This is very bad experiences ! And we still stuck here !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Songserm and Seatran both have car ferry.... all close by.... I would try and choose Seatran over Songserm.

Advanced booking would have probably been better, especially as someone pointed out above, it's Chinese New year period ...

Good luck!

Songserm and Seatran have car ferries KPG to Don Sak, really?

• Like 1

We have the own car . That's impossible to leave with speed boat

This problem exists for everyone who wants to use Raja with a vehicle. You have to come early and put your car in the line to get on the ferry. 8AM for 10AM ferry was likely too late after chinese new year. This is a Raja Issue and not a Koh Phangan issue, the same situation on Samui and in Don Sak.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Songserm and Seatran both have car ferry.... all close by.... I would try and choose Seatran over Songserm.

Advanced booking would have probably been better, especially as someone pointed out above, it's Chinese New year period ...

Good luck!

No.

You cane buy ferry tickets with Raja ferry online, which many with vehicles do to ensure a space.

yes... 3 days ahead if want to go with vehicle.

Good luck!

My bad on that, facepalm.gif for people with vehicles, I based it on seeing vehicles lined up on the other jetty / pier... Songserm having a disgustingly dirty area... (litter) bah.gif

It's been a few years since I went from KP to the mainland... from what I remember which ever ferry it was .... goes further than Donsak, and lands a bit closer to Surrat City. The High speed ones are a different pier...

Samui has a few more choices!

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Vieseng, "jai yehn yehn" (relax); with a car, with a family, during an important holiday, you should have been aware of the small possibility that a reservation may be an important element to smooth traveling in a foreign land. I think this situation would apply in any country. Meanwhile, enjoy the delay - have another beer and another day on the beach - mai bpehn rai nakhrap ;)

• Like 1

We have the own car . That's impossible to leave with speed boat

This problem exists for everyone who wants to use Raja with a vehicle. You have to come early and put your car in the line to get on the ferry. 8AM for 10AM ferry was likely too late after chinese new year. This is a Raja Issue and not a Koh Phangan issue, the same situation on Samui and in Don Sak.

You cane buy ferry tickets with Raja ferry online, which many with vehicles do to ensure a space.

yes... 3 days ahead if want to go with vehicle.

Online booking is now just 2 days ahead (day after tomorrow) and when coming from Donsak you jump to the head of the queue (first car on the boat). You only need a credit card and e-mail address to book online.

Raja is a real problem at the moment with only 5 boats a day all the sailings get full fast, in low season arriving at Donsak without a booking can mean waiting for 3 boats. In the lead up to Christmas/New Years Makro/Tesco and Big C had all the trucks bringing food over stuck in the queue overnight.

That's the point why we so mad now . Yet we didn't scold for anything just ask for ticket by leaving TODAY . But they say NOT SURE by today !!!

you still not got it ??

The ferry might be fully booked,

but you got a chance,

wait and if seems ok, they will allow you to board !!

Why you didn't buy your ticket in time ? this is not KPG or ferry operators fault !!

Vieseng, "jai yehn yehn" (relax); with a car, with a family, during an important holiday, you should have been aware of the small possibility that a reservation may be an important element to smooth traveling in a foreign land. I think this situation would apply in any country. Meanwhile, enjoy the delay - have another beer and another day on the beach - mai bpehn rai nakhrap wink.png

did any one invite chinese people in KPG ??

didn't we say, they should stay in CM ??