True move H or Dtac

Anthony5

Thanks for the replies, keep them coming as I have to make a decision tomorrow on which one I will go postpaid with my current AIS number ported, so I better make the right decision.

Would also be appreciated if you added some comments why you consider one better than the other, and maybe in which area you use, especially those who use both providers.

It looks like it will be a tough decision. At home my Dtac signal is slightly better than True, but with True I had 4G all over Pattaya, where Dtac was very limited in the covered areas. Not sure if this means anything for the future though, but I wouldn't like to change again after a year.

Have been with AIS for 15 years or so, and they just go from bad to worse, however they are fixing my issues next week for the past 2 years.

My wife switched to True and has never complained about dead zones in Ubon or Bangkok or even when we drove down south and back. She pays 300-400 baht a month and never more. I have a 800 baht a month DTAC subscription for 3 GB a month at full speed and I'm regularly getting top-up offers for continuing high speed internet ( which I never act on) and my bill is 2500 a month. Other than a few hundred baht in LD calls a month, I'm not using other services or a lot of extra internet. I use wifi at home and most places I go. I paid 2400 on 4 Jan and last week I got a text saying I was close to my 5000 baht limit.

I'm kind of sick of DTAC and am planning on trying out True.

My wife switched to True and has never complained about dead zones in Ubon or Bangkok or even when we drove down south and back. She pays 300-400 baht a month and never more. I have a 800 baht a month DTAC subscription for 3 GB a month at full speed and I'm regularly getting top-up offers for continuing high speed internet ( which I never act on) and my bill is 2500 a month. Other than a few hundred baht in LD calls a month, I'm not using other services or a lot of extra internet. I use wifi at home and most places I go. I paid 2400 on 4 Jan and last week I got a text saying I was close to my 5000 baht limit.

I'm kind of sick of DTAC and am planning on trying out True.

Thanks for your comment about the coverage, but prices for all providers are comparable, and I don't believe that any provider would be able to continuously take thousands of Baht for unused traffic from accounts without getting in trouble.

I suggest you take a closer look at your data plan and phone set up.

I went there and they printed my bill. One 1900฿listed my data play for 800, I had used speed topping 2-3 times, 100 for roaming and 400 for using their #04 long distance for .6 ฿ per minute for a total of 400 so that one added up.

Recently, I haven't used Speed topping at all, never left the country and use Skype Out for all my LD calls and now it's even higher. I always pay before the due date yet every month they say I owe two months. I went in, paid the bill in full on 4 Jan, never received a feb bill and got a message saying my current balance was zero but my past due was 2600. It's been a year since I received an SMS telling me my current bill was due, without a past due. Two months in a row I paid the two months and the billing is still messed up.

If I switched to TRU E and made a few phone calls, did some roaming, and even use the topping, the highest the bill would be with them would be under 1000 a month. Makes no sense. I'm going back for another one hour session at D DTAC to see what I can uncover today

I went there and they printed my bill. One 1900฿listed my data play for 800, I had used speed topping 2-3 times, 100 for roaming and 400 for using their #04 long distance for .6 ฿ per minute for a total of 400 so that one added up.

Recently, I haven't used Speed topping at all, never left the country and use Skype Out for all my LD calls and now it's even higher. I always pay before the due date yet every month they say I owe two months. I went in, paid the bill in full on 4 Jan, never received a feb bill and got a message saying my current balance was zero but my past due was 2600. It's been a year since I received an SMS telling me my current bill was due, without a past due. Two months in a row I paid the two months and the billing is still messed up.

If I switched to TRU E and made a few phone calls, did some roaming, and even use the topping, the highest the bill would be with them would be under 1000 a month. Makes no sense. I'm going back for another one hour session at D DTAC to see what I can uncover today

I know Dtac has issues with their billing and especially renewing their prepaid packages. I have a prepaid data sim from Dtac in an aircard for more than a year, and I have to call them almost every month right after the renewal date that something went wrong. facepalm.gif

I today ported my postpaid AIS number to True move H and signed for the following package.

http://www.pro3g.com/Pro3GTrueMove-H/true-move-h-%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%94-50--12-%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%99.html

This package is only available for customers who port their number from another provider, and I was told it changes almost every month.

I've had TRUE for the past two years or so and got tired of the slowness and intermittent "page could not be displayed" messages. It was even worse when using the phone as a mobile hotspot for my PC or iPad.

Switched to DTAC three weeks ago. No problems yet. Plus DTAC has online payment, whereas with TRUE they wanted me to use something called Money Wallet App. This is an app you had to install on the phone, then transfer money from your bank account into it, and then move money from that app to apply to your monthly bill. Not sure what the point of that is, aside from adding an extra layer of complexity.

I've had TRUE for the past two years or so and got tired of the slowness and intermittent "page could not be displayed" messages. It was even worse when using the phone as a mobile hotspot for my PC or iPad.

Switched to DTAC three weeks ago. No problems yet. Plus DTAC has online payment, whereas with TRUE they wanted me to use something called Money Wallet App. This is an app you had to install on the phone, then transfer money from your bank account into it, and then move money from that app to apply to your monthly bill. Not sure what the point of that is, aside from adding an extra layer of complexity.

Paying True bills with your PC or phone/tablet app is possible with your credit card with none of the hassles you talk of. I do it each month. Android App tends to be easier but I'll only do it at home when I'm wifi to my own passworded router. Edited by Keesters

• 3 months later...

I had a Thai friend deal with True at a Big C and I got a 3G Plan. We were told to wait an hour or two. We did. Then the problem. No connection. My friend phoned customer service who informed him True does not function with Apple's current software, OSX, Yosemite, etc. Does anyone know if this is true because I don't have any connection two weeks later. And a snowball's chance in hell of getting money back from any place besided the Big C I bought at.

I had a Thai friend deal with True at a Big C and I got a 3G Plan. We were told to wait an hour or two. We did. Then the problem. No connection. My friend phoned customer service who informed him True does not function with Apple's current software, OSX, Yosemite, etc. Does anyone know if this is true because I don't have any connection two weeks later. And a snowball's chance in hell of getting money back from any place besided the Big C I bought at.

How are you connecting to True's 3G Network, with a True 3G AirCard plugged into a USB port?

TrueSupport shows most True-branded AirCards supporting OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 or even 10.9

How far have you gotten on installing device software, or special settings. Anything similar to this:

TrueSupport: Connection, Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Some USB Aircards (like the True PowerSurf III) may need a Firmware Updated To Support New MacBook USB 3.0

Otherwise, why not get a True Internet "Shared WiFi" AirCard (the AirCard then becomes an independent OS agnostic Router/WiFi Access Point)

Some devices are USB port powered, while others operate independently off rechargeable batteries

Shared WiFi (no Battery)
Shared WiFi III (Battery: 1500mAh)
Shared WiFi 3G/4G-LTE (Battery: 2300mAh)

How are you connecting to True's 3G Network, with a True 3G AirCard plugged into a USB port?

TrueSupport shows most True-branded AirCards supporting OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 or even 10.9

How far have you gotten on installing device software, or special settings. Anything similar to this:

TrueSupport: Connection, Macintosh, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Some USB Aircards (like the True PowerSurf III) may need a Firmware Updated To Support New MacBook USB 3.0

Otherwise, why not get a True Internet "Shared WiFi" AirCard (the AirCard then becomes an independent OS agnostic Router/WiFi Access Point)

Some devices are USB port powered, while others operate independently off rechargeable batteries

Shared WiFi (no Battery)
Shared WiFi III (Battery: 1500mAh)
Shared WiFi 3G/4G-LTE (Battery: 2300mAh)

I appreciate the time you have taken to answer my question -- and the knowledge you clearly show. From what you write, a MacBook is usable with True.