Visiting to the friend locked in prison

thunder18

OP, said:

"Tried to google this but almost nothing in Eglish...Thanks in advance!!"

Strange, as that is a very well covered topic, on the WWW.

Perhaps I googled for wrong terms/phrases. I am not an expert in prisons and visits to those, sorry. I found just one good and detailed link in English (it is in the 4th post of this thread). Most of other links are found as blah-blah-blah-ohhh-how-bad-thai-jails-are-stay-away, but nothing constructive.Then I stopped checking there, and started asking here.

Post or PM the valuable links if you have any. Thanks!

Edited by thunder18

OP, said:

"Tried to google this but almost nothing in Eglish...Thanks in advance!!"

Strange, as that is a very well covered topic, on the WWW.

Perhaps I googled for wrong terms/phrases. I am not an expert in prisons and visits to those, sorry. I found just one good and detailed link in English (it is in the 4th post of this thread). Most of other links are found as blah-blah-blah-ohhh-how-bad-thai-jails-are-stay-away, but nothing constructive.Then I stopped checking there, and started asking here.

Post or PM the valuable links if you have any. Thanks!

I am surprised you didn't find this site useful http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/ !

I am surprised you didn't find this site useful http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/ !

I browsed that website earlier, thanks. It mostly shows the internal things (cells, raids, daily routines, and so on) to be brought to the public outside.

But my questions was about the short visiting (from outside's world - and to the inside). It won't go deeper than the visitor's room. No any uses of those cells (as I won't stay in), maps (as I won't step far inside), names of the inmates (as I know the exact name of the just one I need), guards, etc.... I.e. the completely opposite thing I needed.

But yes, this website may give a sort of sense, and an image as a whole. Now I want my friend to get outta' that hell even more quicker than he is scheduled to.... sad.png

Just think by the time you have got all the information you need your very good friend will have been out for a while.

Are you aware there have been many people who have visited two Burmese men who are currently in jail accused of murder.

As far as I know none of the people who have been to visit hem are now implicated in the murder.

I've read it all....just pitch up with your passport and a few Baht....then come back and tell us all about it.

Yeah...that's exactly what I am planning to do. Thanks to all the prev.posters with all the good suggestions.

You are badly over analysing this!

That's because I have zero personal experience in this.

With these kinds of places, it is much better to have'em over and overanalyzed rather than underanalysed, you know what I meant. I prefer to be fully prepared for the new experience that I never have earlier. That's why I am posting some (maybe funny to others) questions. And I still have many minor ones! smile.png

I am planning to give him a visit somewhere next week. Let's see.

one of the things thats great about prison, is that everyones hard.

when your hard and doing hard time you get a gusto and edge thats hard to maintain in usual society.

prison, for those who are hard (at least thats what im told)

Just think by the time you have got all the information you need your very good friend will have been out for a while.

Are you aware there have been many people who have visited two Burmese men who are currently in jail accused of murder.

As far as I know none of the people who have been to visit hem are now implicated in the murder.

Do you have any trustable info about that? I am not.

But I am 101% sure that the background crosschecks are in place there. "Noone as far as I know" means only "I haven't meet those who able to say the opposite". Remember that brilliant "What good is a phonecall...if you are unable to speak?"@ Matrix smile.png

But I am 101% sure that the background crosschecks are in place there. "Noone as far as I know" means only "I haven't meet those who able to say the opposite". Remember that brilliant "What good is a phonecall...if you are unable to speak?"@ Matrix smile.png

So have you been to see this person yet ?

Or did you really only come on here for a troll ?

• Like 1

why are you really interested in seeing a man whos is hard and doing hard time?

So have you been to see this person yet ?

Or did you really only come on here for a troll ?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/802847-visiting-to-the-friend-locked-in-prison/?p=9116622 (last line)

Seems that I have to be defending and repeating myself in almost every post for the last 2-3 pages. Why? Because most of posters are here to hunt for the trolls it seems - not to discuss, nor to help, nor to read.

All of you yung hunters - please, post something valuable and constructive, or proceed to the next unread topic. Your trolls are waiting for you down there.

Edited by thunder18

Here's Stickman's blog on which a user posted his experiences of visiting a mate who'd been banged up for 15 years: http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/Reader/reader1205.htm

Ten or twelve years ago Stickman reported on his own situation of being caught in an overstay matter. He didn't have much good to say about a Thai jail .

He is not THAT hard.

He is just an ordinary man. Just like you and me. He got to be at the wrong place in the wrong time, and he done nothing to Thailand (and been always saying this - not accepting the charges). He is not a killer, nor a drug dealer, nor thief, nor anyone like that - but just a spared pawn. He got only 1 year, while some others (within the same case) were extradited to USA, which already says for itself. He is in shit now. Why should'nt I visit him and do my best about his situation?

Or shall I better sit in front of my computer, and hunt for the trolls in every possible thread on daily basis? There is no any glory in doing so. I'll leave this activity to those boys. Seems too many of them here.

Edited by thunder18

as with anything else that deals with anything official in Thailand

take a pretty Thai girl with you and let her do all the talking.

you keep your mouth shut unless they ask you in English a question

Why should I? English is not the language I am able to communicate.

I can speak Thai, and I can read it (a little). 2 decades here, huh....But I can't write it at all. smile.png

Anyway. I just visited to the bro up there. Later on I'll post more info, +pics. smile.png

Edited by thunder18

Thunder18, if you don't get your arse in gear and get down to the prison, he'll be out before you have decided to give it a go. The best way to learn is to try it yourself. You have been harping on about this for a week. Get off your butt and do it.

• Like 1

Thunder18, if you don't get your arse in gear and get down to the prison, he'll be out before you have decided to give it a go. The best way to learn is to try it yourself. You have been harping on about this for a week. Get off your butt and do it.

The mods are just waiting for him to slander someone so they can send him off to visit his pal...spend a few weeks getting properly acquainted....that kinda thing...hehe....:P

If you read the prev.post once again - perhaps you'll know that I'we already visited him just today.

I am only 1hr outta of that gray building. :)

The mods are just waiting for him to slander someone

Why should I? I am not like you - to discuss the poster instead of the posted topic.

Last 2 or even 3 pages here I am just replying to others - who posting me this and that. Defending myself, and repeating the already-said words.

My own questions here ended long ago.

Edited by thunder18

Just for the proof - so I won't have to protect myself from the accusations in trolling from all of those keyboard warriors:

post-233326-0-41696600-1425288408_thumb.

post-233326-0-14655100-1425288416_thumb.

post-233326-0-88296000-1425288425_thumb.

post-233326-0-31939900-1425288433_thumb.

I'll write more about the visit soon, as I now have no free time sorry.

Edited by thunder18

He is not THAT hard.

He is just an ordinary man. Just like you and me. He got to be at the wrong place in the wrong time, and he done nothing to Thailand (and been always saying this - not accepting the charges). He is not a killer, nor a drug dealer, nor thief, nor anyone like that - but just a spared pawn. He got only 1 year, while some others (within the same case) were extradited to USA, which already says for itself. He is in shit now. Why should'nt I visit him and do my best about his situation?

Or shall I better sit in front of my computer, and hunt for the trolls in every possible thread on daily basis? There is no any glory in doing so. I'll leave this activity to those boys. Seems too many of them here.

prison a place for those who are hard.

there is a new monkey training program that has been shown to improve morale. jury is still out on that one.

Wonderful you span us the story that you was going to go at the end of next week. Then went this week. James Bond would love to lick your toes.

I said that last week. I visited him this week.

Now do some math.

And despite asking if pictures were allowed and told no, you took some pictures anyway. Secret camera in the suitcase ?

No, just a second small mobile phone in the opposite pocket (while the 1st bigger one was checked out by brief bodysearch, and told to be locked in the deposit box outside the visiting area).

don't worry to much about the updates. Having see your hidden pictures

The personal photos are not for here, but for his family only. Those 4 Ihave posted yesterday are enough for this thread.

...and those prices in their "Welfare shop" are damn high comparing to the common pices outside the area. 3x times up, I would say. King's Power Duty Free comes to mind, huh, sad.png

Edited by thunder18