Visiting to the friend locked in prison

thunder18

The prices inside the prison are even higher than in the 'welfare shop'. Prison is an expensive place to be in Thailand.

Yeah, I was told that by the bro I was visiting, too....

Hope I won't have a chance to check it out by myself, haha!

Is there any _max_ limit that I can deposit to his internal account? 200THB/day you said, and he got to be there for another 3 months = 18.000THB?

Is it save enough to put "large" amounts (large enough for the guards etc) to his name? Or better do several smaller transactions every couple of weeks?

Is it possible to deposit some cash from the "outer world" (bank transfer or smthn), without the need to go into the prison/stay in all of those queues...?

I must say, you seem to be going to an awful lot of trouble, not to mention time posting on this forum, simply to 'check up' on a chum you say haven't seen for a year (?) 'Are conversations monitored?' This thread is just too funny.

Just for the proof - so I won't have to protect myself from the accusations in trolling from all of those keyboard warriors:

I'll write more about the visit soon, as I now have no free time sorry.

I don't understand why so many half wits are allowed to troll and thread <deleted> on Thaivisa these days - makes it hardly worth posting here.

Well done for giving them some back and well done for making the visit.

I see some differences to NPL in Pattaya, but much seems the same too - look forward to your full report.

• Like 1

I must say, you seem to be going to an awful lot of trouble, not to mention time posting on this forum, simply to 'check up' on a chum you say haven't seen for a year (?) 'Are conversations monitored?' This thread is just too funny.

You too wanna talk about me/my time/my troubles, but not about the subject itself? Yet another one. What was the purpose of your own post, for example? What drive you to click to "REPLY" button, while you have completely nothing constructive to say here (so you did not)?

95% of this topic can easily be wiped out. Lots of thick trolls posting this and that here, as I realized. And very few realy helpful messages, whose were welcomed with thanks.

I don't understand why so many half wits are allowed to troll and thread <deleted> on Thaivisa these days - makes it hardly worth posting here.

I see some differences to NPL in Pattaya, but much seems the same too - look forward to your full report.

No problem about them. I can handle that. smile.png

By the way, what is "NPL in Pattaya"? No clue (I hate Pattaya - it is kind of sick place, makes me to puke every time I am passing by. I am avoiding to go there by any means. Last passed through that 6 years ago, or smthn. Better go Siracha/Rayong instead. smile.png

Congratulations on picking up the prison lingo so quickly.

When teenagers use the word bro it's almost acceptable, when used by a grown up!!

Have you started walking about with the ass of your trousers around your knees also?

I hardly be a teenager. Don't judje the nickname - it is randomly selected by the board as "thunder" is already occupied by someone else.

PS: yet another troll trying to talking to me about me myself. Too thick. Brake down. No food here.

Next.Try much thinner.... bro.

Borrrrring.

There are two reasons you have attracted so much of this....

Your abrasive attitude.

The silly nature of some of your questions. I've never been inside a prison but I'm quite aware of the rules....just common sense really and the same the world over.

That being said I hope your visit went well!

• Like 1

There are two reasons you have attracted so much of this....

Should I care about them?

Naah.

The silly nature of some of your questions. I've never been inside a prison but I'm quite aware of the rules....

Yes, I have never been. It was my first visit ever.

"I am quite aware??" I didn't say that, as I am not (so I asked here). Perhaps you missed my posts flooded by all of those keyboard warriors.

Once again, guys, all of you - please stop talking about me and go back to the topic, or be reported. It is no any fun to read the usual crap from usual trolls - once and once again. Trolling attempts won't work here.

That being said I hope your visit went well!

So-so, sir. There was some minor "misunderstandings" (like the information desk who gave me the wrong "dan", so I got to stay the queue and then to await for my visiting round - just to be told by the guard that "No such named prisoner in this dan, please contact to information desk"....then "Ohh korr thodd khaa! Computer maidai updated khaa..." from the information's girls, then new queue/new round - and then OK, got to see the bro).

PS: and those phone system was also failed in there. Got to scream greets over/through the bars....so as the other Thais.

Anyway, it was...mmm...a valuable experiense, after all. smile.png

Edited by thunder18
  • Like 1

Congratulations on picking up the prison lingo so quickly.

When teenagers use the word bro it's almost acceptable, when used by a grown up!!

Have you started walking about with the ass of your trousers around your knees also?

I hardly be a teenager. Don't judje the nickname - it is randomly selected by the board as "thunder" is already occupied by someone else.

PS: yet another troll trying to talking to me about me myself. Too thick. Brake down. No food here.

Next.Try much thinner.... bro.

Borrrrring.

Too thick ? Yet you thought I was referring to you as being a teenager.

I didn't realize I was me myself trying to be you to you for talking about you to you.

Hope that makes sense.

Thunder18..Depending on what and who the prisoner is...your credentials may cone to be noticed by a foreign police agency involved in his case.

A Foreign agency..eg..M15..child protection police etc..etc..of course depending on his nationality.

If he had been involved in a possible group/ring then yes its possible his visitors are being monitored.

Edited by georgegeorgia

I was also thinking that, in fact I am sure that he will be on several blacklists by now. I would have spoken up earlier but I was worried about being called a troll.

I'm sure the well known CIA operative on here, Jingythingy, has been following this closely.

Maybe that's him in the third picture!

Thunder18..Depending on what and who the prisoner is...your credentials may cone to be noticed by a foreign police agency involved in his case.

A Foreign agency..eg..M15..child protection police etc..etc..of course depending on his nationality.

If he had been involved in a possible group/ring then yes its possible his visitors are being monitored.

That is exactly what I was trying to say.

Yes, he was arrested in connection to "the ring" (where he was not the core leader, but just a little spared pawn). But yes, he was arrested "in a row".

His (their) case was about the right(s) of speach. I am sure it was found disturbing to...errr...someone, so the whole "gang" was indirectly (by the hands of the Thai police) shut via this dumb old-yet-working way.

Edited by thunder18

Yes, he was arrested in connection to "the ring" (where he was not the core leader, but just a little spared pawn). But yes, he was arrested "in a row".

His (their) case was about the right(s) of speach. I am sure it was found disturbing to...errr...someone, so the whole "gang" was indirectly (by the hands of the Thai police) shut via this dumb old-yet-working way.

You speak in riddles that I doubt even you understand.

What is he actually accused of? It's a fairly simple question.

This is an anonymous forum...unless you believe that there are operatives amongst us that gather information for our relevant agencies.

This is an anonymous forum...unless you believe that there are operatives amongst us that gather information for our relevant agencies.

What happens in the ring stays in the ring. Well unless you happen to know a friend of a friend.

Still it was a nice day out.

• Like 2

I was in Buriram prison a few years ago .

People were not permitted to bring anything , only pass money over for use in the prison shop.

When i was locked up i had 2 cans of cola with me guards poured them down a drain. Told me not allowed only what you buy in the prison shop.

So yes i am talking from personal experience.

Your story would be very interesting if you would care to post it sometime

I have no his permission to drag the details of his case to the public, sorry. And, after all, he himself provided very few "first-hand" details via that 5min chat over the bars.

I am unable to post them here, sorry. I can speak only general words. His (their) case was about the freedom of speach which may threat the national security of U.S. - so they (he and a few his friends) were caught by thai cops (on a setup requested/arranged by CIA/Interpol) while having a holiday in Thailand. 2 guys then extradited to U.S., he and a couple of others was not.

He is a writer, by the way. He writes books. Not a killer/drug pusher/thief.

Edited by thunder18

I have been critical of Thunder earlier in the thread, but to be fair to him, there is no reason why he needs to tell us what the crime was for which the guy was committed.

Firstly, I am not them and not anyhow connected. I was not there at the time of arrest. I have only "I-was-told-this-and-that" details. I am not an eyewitness, so I also can't be sure on anything I was told by others (and even by him himself).

Secondly, I have no his direct permission to discuss his case anywhere in public. It is his case and his fate - he is the master, and he is who commands. Not me.

Thirdly, it is simply no value to discuss it here. We can't help him now about his case, as he is already locked for that and there is a little possibility to change the things IRL by chatting them here.

But hey, good news I forgot to tell'ya! The bro will be freed this month (he got early release for his good behaviors while having a pleasure to stay in this "Hilton"). So no more visits to there for me. smile.png

Edited by thunder18

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No problem about them. I can handle that.

By the way, what is "NPL in Pattaya"? No clue (I hate Pattaya - it is kind of sick place, makes me to puke every time I am passing by. I am avoiding to go there by any means. Last passed through that 6 years ago, or smthn. Better go Siracha/Rayong instead.

NPL = Nong Pla Lai, which is Pattaya's equivalent of where you just went.

As I posted early on in your thread, that is where my own experience of prison visits was gained.

Pattaya is a huge City gradually morphing into a normal holiday resort for thousands of foreign visitors.

The areas which presumably make you "puke" are easily avoided.

• Like 1

If he has been sentenced he is not in a remand prison.

Do you know of any prison in the world where you can take alcohol to prisoners ?

You joined TV 4hrs ago. At the time I posted you had joined 3 hrs previously.

He has allegedly done 9 months... It seems to me that he might have survived the Superior Accommodation pretty well so far.

I appreciate your humanitarian gesture but still don't understand why you are reluctant to use your ID ..... After all it is not as if you were involved was it? .. And by the way there are numerous posts and several websites telling you how you visit a Thai prison. You just have to get off your sterile donkey and search a little

I can understand why somebody might not want to use their ID. It probably is recorded and goes on the convicted man's file/record. Who can tell what associations might be assumed in later years or even currently? Maybe the visitor, while totally innocent now gets harassed or investigated because it is assumed he has some criminal connection with the convicted man. And records are permanent. If the convicted man does something bad in the future, it would be natural for the police to look into the visitor's activities. Names get passed around databases and before you know, all sorts of weird things could be associated.

Edited by gk10002000
  • Like 1

Some people do have over active minds.

Perhaps they are simply better informed than the others.

95% of others prefer to stay unawared - until it is too late for them to change anything. Reactive, not proactive.

I'll stick with over active minds. I have read the same posts you have, which seem to be your only form of information of what you were expecting to find in a Thai prison.

Any how now having been, have you noticed anyone following you around ? Found any severed dogs heads in the fridge, or is your life pretty much the same as it was this time last week.