how many cartons cigarettes maximum to buy in suwamuphumi to take home

dirtycash

ok, getting mixed reports , some friends take home / are allowed to buy 50 boxes amber leaf tobacco, some have been allowed 20. on my last exit i bought 20 ( yes, im a heavy smoker ) years ago you were allowed to buy as many as you like , take a chance back to uk or eu .

thoughts ?

You can buy as many as you can carry. clap2.gif

not so, as i say last time i got 20 cartons, went to another shop and they asked to see my boarding card, tried to get 20 more they refused me saying i was over the limit allready. i lost them at dublin airoport anyway so im wondering is everything connected via some cutoms internal system where they see how many duty free items you have bought at other end , just a thought.

not so, as i say last time i got 20 cartons, went to another shop and they asked to see my boarding card, tried to get 20 more they refused me saying i was over the limit allready. i lost them at dublin airoport anyway so im wondering is everything connected via some cutoms internal system where they see how many duty free items you have bought at other end , just a thought.

Of course there is !!

Of course there is !!

Off course there is ? Then why dont they get everyone who is over limit and where do you get your information ?

I have a friend who works in Germany at airport customs, I can assure you that there is no exchange of sales data from duty free shops around the world (in germany).

On the other side it is not very likely to get home with your ciggis, 20 carton are not easy to hidecheesy.gif

Don't know how they handle it in the UK, but in Germany once you pass the green channel there is no going back. IE you have to pay the duty plus 100% for the fine, if 20 carton they even start tax criminal proceedings. You can not say " I leave the items here, you can keep it..".

If you use the red channel you can decide between pay or destroy it.

I know that customs in Germany now x-ray most of the luggage on the conveyor belt, they just take a quick look. If they see something they take the bag from the belt for a second screen. My friend told me cigarettes are very easy to recognize with that procedure.

Edited by uwe_rayong

I have a friend who works in Germany at airport customs, I can assure you that there is no exchange of sales data from duty free shops around the world (in germany).

On the other side it is not very likely to get home with your ciggis, 20 carton are not easy to hide:cheesy:

I think it's rolling tobacco (despite the topic title) so smaller than 20 cartons of cigarettes.

On the other side it is not very likely to get home with your ciggis, 20 carton are not easy to hidecheesy.gif

Don't know how they handle it in the UK, but in Germany once you pass the green channel there is no going back. IE you have to pay the duty plus 100% for the fine, if 20 carton they even start tax criminal proceedings. You can not say " I leave the items here, you can keep it..".

If you use the red channel you can decide between pay or destroy it.

I know that customs in Germany now x-ray most of the luggage on the conveyor belt, they just take a quick look. If they see something they take the bag from the belt for a second screen. My friend told me cigarettes are very easy to recognize with that procedure.

they would not xray the cigarettes as it would be carry on luggage, bought at duty free after baggage checkin

20 cartons of ciggies is a LOT for carry on luggage!! Obvious too by the shape of the luggage.

Baccy is a different matter. Break it out of the cartons and stuff it here and there. No obvious shape. The most I took back to the UK was 20 packets (2 cartons). I got stopped. Let go. No payment as I said it was for me. Plus I admitted I had it. No farting about with UK customs.

The best bet to get a truckload is to stop off in Europe. Buy in bulk. (KEEP THE RECEIPT)!!

Of course there is !!

Off course there is ? Then why dont they get everyone who is over limit and where do you get your information ?

Because Duty Free wherever dont say hang on we need to take a Photo and forward it to UK Customs or wherever........Your Passport number is noted via the Boarding Card system hence that information is available but Customs still have to sort out who is who.....

No easy thing to do....