DLT Check in app lets passengers rate Bangkok taxi drivers

thai tech

DLT Check in app lets passengers rate Bangkok taxi drivers

dlt-the-nation-696x336.jpg

Officials from the Department of Land Transport have announced the launch of a mobile phone application that allows passengers to rate and provide feedback on their experiences with Bangkok taxi drivers.

The app, named DLT Check in, allows passengers to log the license plate and location of the journey, as well as evaluate different aspects of the service they receive from Bangkok cabbies.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/dlt-check-app-lets-passengers-rate-bangkok-taxi-drivers/5371/

That sort of APP is definitely a step in the right direction, just let's hope it is in ENGLISH too which I doubt. anybody has downloaded and used it yet ?

It is in Thai and Engrish

I downloaded it to report a driver

Too bad I had just reset my Note8 and lost the drivers ID and Photo

Oh well am ready for the next one ... and that will not take long

Only thing I saw that might prevent people from using it is you need to provide your cell number to register

Edited by LuckyLew

That sort of APP is definitely a step in the right direction, just let's hope it is in ENGLISH too which I doubt. anybody has downloaded and used it yet ?

Why would you doubt what was specifically stated in the full report?

OH ! 55555+ well I am a lazy bum and did not click the link to read the entire report (spending way too much time on TV at the moment).

But great news then and thanks for the hint, will try to download the APP later and try to use it as soon as possible. Will post report then (and hope others will do the same)

Only thing I saw that might prevent people from using it is you need to provide your cell number to register

I think that is pretty much a moot point now that you are required to register your SIM. The government has your number, in more ways than one. cheesy.gif

So now to provide feedback i need to install a Military Juntas application on my phone, when this Junta has just been so all about protecting peoples rights. Furthermore on the point of this application, should these policies not already be in place, not just as a result. Lastly the raw data should be made available to more than just this one Junta department, should be stripped of all PI and then published publically.

Though the cell number requirement is kinda fair, last thing you would want is people complaining with an the ability to contact them or follow through on the complaint. Otherwise it'd get the same candor as with online engagements, use it and abuse it to attack someone you dont like by complaining and so on.

Edited by jcisco

The $64 question is... will this app actually do any good? Or will the DLT be so overwhelmed with reported bad drivers that they simply throw up their hands and say mei pen rai.

My money is on the latter, as Thailand tends to be all talk and no action.

Edited by WhizBang

The $64 question is... will this app actually do any good? Or will the DLT be so overwhelmed with reported bad drivers that they simply throw up their hands and say mei pen rai.

I suspect just in jest that they will receive the data and route it through some transforms into statistics that tell nothing but look great. Like averaging a response time. something retarded like that..... but hey it seems meaningful and looks pretty graphed... progress

I don't really understand the purpose of the app to be honest ... the biggest complaint is not accepting passengers !

Am I missing something here ? from what I can see all the app does is record your selection if the service was ok & the meter was used.

no selection for :

was the driver smelling like he'd been on Lao Khao all night ?

did the car smell like a garbage dump ?

did the driver jibber on about no money , no money ?

If it doesn't force the taxi to accept every fare as he's suppose too ... then it's useless. !!

Useless App imo. What bright spark thought of this .... cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--ZvISAZ3-

I think that is pretty much a moot point now that you are required to register your SIM. The government has your number, in more ways than one. cheesy.gif

I downloaded it earlier this afternoon and when I reached this point in teh registration process, I pushed the UNINSTAL button....