Nice hotel in Pattaya for around 1,500

EnglishJohn

I have a friend here from the UK and we plan to go down to Pattaya for a couple of nights this weekend (first time for us both and I've been coming here nearly 10 years!).

Can any of you guys who live around there recommend a hotel around the 1.5K price point ?.

We will have separate rooms, like a bit of space (ie not right in the town centre, but within walking distance of the bars + beach) and more interested in going out to see the sights and have a few beers rather than pick up bar girls (though I suppose that isn't out of the question lol).

Hotels dot com yielded 50 hotels in between 1500-1750 baht available and 470 not available this weekend. Why don't you just use the internet to search yourself? Rates and availability change by the minute.

Thank you for the generous advice but that was the first thing I did.

I would rather choose a decent one on the recommendation of someone who knows the area as opposed to pick the first one which looks good in a thumbnail snapshot but ends up being in a seedy area and full of the kind of tourist I spend my time here trying to avoid.

Hotels dot com yielded 50 hotels in between 1500-1750 baht available and 470 not available this weekend. Why don't you just use the internet to search yourself? Rates and availability change by the minute.

I would rather choose a decent one on the recommendation of someone who knows the area as opposed to pick the first one which looks good in a thumbnail snapshot but ends up being in a seedy area and full of the kind of tourist I spend my time here trying to avoid.

From your OP, how could we possibly know that you want to avoid that kind of tourist? What is your criteria for within waking distancce to the beach or what a good bar is?

At mind service residence is quite good for the money and it is a little away from the madness. I have stayed there before. But you could have got that information from the hotels dot com in a few minutes if you read the reviews.

From your OP, how could we possibly know that you want to avoid that kind of tourist? What is your criteria for within waking distancce to the beach or what a good bar is?

At mind service residence is quite good for the money and it is a little away from the madness. I have stayed there before. But you could have got that information from the hotels dot com in a few minutes if you read the reviews.

Thank you again 1BADDAT but some of us are on mobile phone internet because broadband hasn't got here yet. Sifting through reviews of every hotel along with all the advertising junk they download would take hours.

I stayed here a couple of years back - it was still being renovated at the time - and thought it was good value for money -

http://www.baybreezepattaya.com

Close to Central Festival, Soi Diana/LK Metro and Buakhow if that's your scene, although will have to make your way to Beach Road if you want to go to Walking St or bars down there. My advice to the two of you is to take the town as it comes - its pretty quiet at the moment but that can change after 10pm depending on where you are. Walking St has been as empty as I've ever seen it on recent visits but you will usually find a crowd in New Plaza (aka Cheap Charlie Plaza) and closer to your hotel in Soi Diana. Hope you both enjoy your stay.

Soi Diana, Soi Buakhao, Soi Lengkee...

So many places of this price range in the area.

Not all can be booked via the hotel*.com's, e.g. Nature View on Soi Buakhao/Soi 15, very good value for money.

Often fully booked even in off season.

Opey de Place on Soi Lengkee. 990 for standard room. Simple rooms. Nice pool. Friendly staff.

Chaba Hut (Bungalows) on Soi Buakhao. Very quiet and still mids in the action. Nice pool, garden.

Areca Lodge on Soi Diana will blow your budget (2000 and up?). Top place. Two pools.

I have been to these four and can recommend them (at the time I have been there).

Opey, Nature V. and Chaba Hut within the last year. Areac is a couple of years ago (grown tremendously in the meantime).

Will probably be at Opey or Nature View from next Sunday.

Another place on Soi Lengkee I have been: J&P Court. A few years ago. Also good value for money.

Edited by KhunBENQ

I would recommend either Windy Inn or the new BaliHai Bay. Don't have the BaliHai Bay number to hand at the moment.

Quiet but in a convenient location close to the beach and Walking Street, is Honey Lodge(not Honey Inn).

If you really want to be away from those people, then perhaps stay somewhere like Nantra de Boutique on Soi 1.

I really have no idea as to why people choose to stay in the BuaKhao area. It's a bit of a ghetto. No pavements. No nature. With a budget of 1500 baht, there is really no need to be there, unless you need to find bars full of foreigners. But you can stay somewhere nicer and just visit the place.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

I stayed at the Inn House on Soi 13 a couple of times. Right opposite the Sportsman. Does a really good breakfast, friendly staff not too far from the beach. It is on Sawadee .com

Edited by MickA