Teen gangs trade gunshots, burn vehicles in Ranong town center

webfact

I hope that once caught, these thugs will discretely disappear, similar to how the situation was dealt with 15 years ago when teen gangs known as the tigers and samurai started to become out of control.

They are like packs of wild feral dogs, once they gain numbers then extremely difficult to eradicate.

Considering these thugs are using deadly weapons, armed and dangerous, than they have to be considered a threat to the national safety, similar to terrorists on the rampage and not just boisterous youths misbehaving.

This requires the Dirty Harry approach and no pussy footing around.

• Like 1

I hope that once caught, these thugs will discretely disappear, similar to how the situation was dealt with 15 years ago when teen gangs known as the tigers and samurai started to become out of control.

They are like packs of wild feral dogs, once they gain numbers then extremely difficult to eradicate.

Considering these thugs are using deadly weapons, armed and dangerous, than they have to be considered a threat to the national safety, similar to terrorists on the rampage and not just boisterous youths misbehaving.

This requires the Dirty Harry approach and no pussy footing around.

Ah, bless. This is by means nothing new. What happened to them in the past then? And how does it compare and contrast to the society the Thai, whether they like it or not, and are responsible for today's feral youth?

Could somebody please explain to me why most of these large scale violent incidents mostly occur in the south of Thailand. Most of the falang punters on here are always accusing the North and Northeast peoples of being responsible for Thailands problems. Living up here in the NE for many, many years I find this is not so. Missus is from down south but we choose to live here. Had a great time drinking beer with my Thai neighbours tonight. Guess most of you guys don't mix with the locals i.e. you living in Bangkok and Pattaya. Bring on all the negative comments. I love it. Meet the real Thai people up here.

• Like 2

I would like to congratulate the parents of these teenagers for the care they show for their kids.

After midnight in the internet shop or on motorcycles fighting......

They don't deserve to be called parents............idiots will be more suitable.

How about their moronic off spring ? What would you call these ?

Could somebody please explain to me why most of these large scale violent incidents mostly occur in the south of Thailand. Most of the falang punters on here are always accusing the North and Northeast peoples of being responsible for Thailands problems. Living up here in the NE for many, many years I find this is not so. Missus is from down south but we choose to live here. Had a great time drinking beer with my Thai neighbours tonight. Guess most of you guys don't mix with the locals i.e. you living in Bangkok and Pattaya. Bring on all the negative comments. I love it. Meet the real Thai people up here.

Because all the dodgy teenagers from up north east are down in Bangkok and Pattaya. So enabling your neighbours the night out drinking beer !

Are you honestly saying there are no problems with teenage boys were your at ?

I would like to congratulate the parents of these teenagers for the care they show for their kids.

They don't deserve to be called parents............idiots will be more suitable.

Errr, moronic?

This happens in most countries so let's not jump on the bandwagon and start bashing Thailand as usual!

Tosh................... and "if" it happens there is a pretty quick response by the Police............here theyll wait till the shooting/ burning is over then " the next day or so" turn up.

your turn to pay then was it?

and i WOULD CONGRATULATE THE RTP !!

They were save betting in the browling tend !! 5555

once again we see how great the thai police force is, where were they, oh yes thats right, in the airconditioned office ignoring the gunfire/phone calls. How in the hell can we expect this sort of crap to be sorted out when the police refuse to do their job, they simply ignore everything unless there is something in it for them. When are they going to start to pull these kids over and search them for weapons, check them for licences, drugs etc, maybe even going out to stop the trouble from getting to the stage of shooting at each other too but again this would require the police to do what they are paid for and we all know that will never happen here.

The police here are far smarter than you think. They've worked out that they still get paid whether they work or not, with absolutely no consequences if they don't.

And if any punishment is being moved to an inactive post, better still?

Ditto! I live up here too and I socialize with my farmer neighbors the same as you. This is the Thailand I wanted to retire back to, after learning about it in my early twenties while stationed here during the war.

• Like 2

It is a known fact that the majority of Thai people have no control over the boys only the girls, hence the way they behave out of control

Spot on! My 1st relationship with a Thai was a woman with a son that she allowed to run amok. Any attempt at discipline was rejected even when the little mongrel was stealing motorbikes. The final straw was when she told me if he left school at 15 he wouldn't have to get a job for 5 or 6 years while bludging on me. Yeah, right.

That rotten little oxygen thief would have lost a lot of weight if he was bludging off me for that 5 or 6 years. biggrin.png

While this is more than likely true, some times bad kids come from good parents.

• 2 weeks later...