Body of British man found floating in sea off Phuket

webfact

It's a worldwide phenomenon, people die every day, in every country, for various reasons.

correct and especially tourists who seem to go on a holiday and do stupid things they would not do at home. Happens everywhere during holiday season in countries where beaches/water are handy as people get drunk and decide a swim is a good idea. Thailand's drowning rate is very similar to Vietnam Cambodia and Laos.

It's a worldwide phenomenon, people die every day, in every country, for various reasons.

Now that is not very analytical at all. You look at the population first. How many farang are there in Thailand on a given day? Two million? Maybe five? How many of them get murdered or die by other means in a week? I've made this point before: In Houston, for example, a city of five million, white people hardly ever get murdered or die "suspiciously." and among other ethnic groups it's mostly drug dealers in the bad neighborhoods. Comparatively speaking, Houston looks safer than Thailand for farang.

a drowning makes a nice change to jumping deaths RIP to Sebastian Palin and condolences to family and friends a better end than the German in Pattaya died with a shot to the head hope Sebastian had a good time in Thailand prior to his demise.

Some heartless comments here. Normally, drinking should relax you. Why was he so stressed when the bar closed?

You been around drinkers much? Drink affects different people in different ways. Some go looking for a fight, some fall over, some want to sleep, some want to argue.

Now that is not very analytical at all. You look at the population first. How many farang are there in Thailand on a given day? Two million? Maybe five? How many of them get murdered or die by other means in a week? I've made this point before: In Houston, for example, a city of five million, white people hardly ever get murdered or die "suspiciously." and among other ethnic groups it's mostly drug dealers in the bad neighborhoods. Comparatively speaking, Houston looks safer than Thailand for farang.

Get a grip. Not too many Ferang population wise but most on holiday. Do they drink excessive amounts of alcohol? Been there done that elsewhere in the world and things happen. Fortunately no one died when I was doing it. Several serious injuries, such is life if you drink. Not a good advert for drinking and would suggest moderation but that doesn't happen generally.

Fully justifying Thailand's well documented reputation as being one of the most dangerous destinations for tourists in the world.

Seen the Daily Mail today?

No because it is blocked in Thailand www.dailymail.co.uk

Get a tor browser. Slow to load Mail, but then pages turn ok. All down to an innapropriate photo and video of the ex crown princess.

Fully justifying Thailand's well documented reputation as being one of the most dangerous destinations for tourists in the world.

Will have a look. Can get the Mail again since I discovered tor browsers.

What is it about the Daily Mail? A lot say it is blocked, app on Android works, good source of journalistic entertainment. I personally believe everything they say as long as I have the tin hat on.

Seems like Houston has a higher crime rate than the US average. And I very much doubt they are all drug dealers or non-white (quite a racist remark actually): http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Houston-Texas.html

Seems like Houston has a higher crime rate than the US average. And I very much doubt they are all drug dealers or non-white (quite a racist remark actually): http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Houston-Texas.html

Houston we have a problem? Take your population figures etc? Tis a land of somewhat strange visitors for whatever reasons. Statistics from elsewhere do not apply.

What justifies "Thailand's well documented reputation as being one of the most dangerous destinations for tourists in the world"...someone getting pissed out of his brain and drowning?

Edited by Sviss Geez

What justifies "Thailand's well documented reputation as being one of the most dangerous destinations for tourists in the world"...someone getting pissed out of his brain and dying?

TV tells me so it must be true.

Sounds like a drunken, badly behaved Brit pissed off a local and was shown how to breathe water deeply.

coffee1.gif

Amazing how threads like this always bring out the Sherlocks and conspiracists......Guy got rat-arsed, went for a swim, drowned.

This for the USA, were almost 10 people a day drown on average:

• Alcohol Use: Among adolescents and adults, alcohol use is involved in up to 70% of deaths associated with water recreation, almost a quarter of ED visits for drowning, and about one in five reported boating deaths.2,15,17 Alcohol influences balance, coordination, and judgment, and its effects are heightened by sun exposure and heat.17[/ize]

Yes but Americans cannot swim, same as the Africans is hopeless swimmers. All their good at is giving swimming lessons to the world without being able to swim theirselves....?? ???

Will have a look. Can get the Mail again since I discovered tor browsers.

What is it about the Daily Mail? A lot say it is blocked, app on Android works, good source of journalistic entertainment. I personally believe everything they say as long as I have the tin hat on.

dont forget to don the blinkers too , and loosen your grip on reality before you start turning the pages.......................... whistling.gif

Edited by attento
  • Like 2

Typical 'Quality' English tourists. whistling.gif

Not sure from whence you hail, but am guessing from your racist remark, no Thai would refer to you as 'Pu dee Ungrit', ... fill in your nationality if only to ignorantly blanket denigrate yours'. 'smug whistling gif'.

• Like 1

"There was no suspicion of foul play and it was assumed that Mr Palin had drowned". Just like the Frenchman found hanging by a rope with his hands behind his back. They're very quick to write these deaths off aren't they?

"Just like the Frenchman found hanging..."

Nothing like it at all.

• Like 1

Sounds like a loss of face here which puts the drunk guy in abad position...

Found by an outsider 12 hours later?

So staff did not assist guest to room a second time upon bar closing?

Hope a complete investigation is done and staff and other witnesses interviewed independently to see if stories match?

At least he wasn't Turk....Pretty damn young to go....

CB

Some posters here are such soulless monsters.

do you not realise that the first thing that will happen when some one dies in Thailand - they're friends\family\colleagues will probably search for information - maybe hoping to find a little something to help them grieve or understand.. then they turn up here on TVF and read the comments some of your soulless morons write..

A man lost his life, if you cannot feel or show empathy for your fellow humans then do everyone a good turn and S.T.F.U!

Edited by MrTee
  • Like 1