Prayut spared from pricey microphone investigation

webfact

do not worry General

you are trying to nail yingluck

and now abisit

who ever gets in next will use this to try nail you

nice to see you now think you are above the law

good old Thailand ... will never learn from past mistakes

cannot wait for the next election ... then the next protests ... then the next coup .... again and again

• Like 2

We Farangs are here for multiple reasons, Thai's have a military government and so what this is their politicians they are not better everything is done under the table and it is really too late to do anything after corruption have been done.

So what i think do not matter.I am enjoying Thailand.

Kind of sounds like this is opening a nice big wide door for Yingluck and others to slip through ... i.e. they didn't actually "do" the things that they are accused of, they merely "approved" of them ... therefore it's someone else's fault, and the underlings will take the fall, not the higher ups again.

logic is irrelevant in a purge...

• Like 1

Kind of sounds like this is opening a nice big wide door for Yingluck and others to slip through ... i.e. they didn't actually "do" the things that they are accused of, they merely "approved" of them ... therefore it's someone else's fault, and the underlings will take the fall, not the higher ups again.

if you didn't break the law and weren't on the fiddle you couldn't be charged - purge or no purge.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One law for the microphone scam and another for the rice scheme

68 million vs. 700 billion baht. I can see a little difference.

no, there is no difference. Stealing is stealing.

• Like 2

Just a reminder that posts using derogatory nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be removed. If you don’t want your post to be removed, spell people’s names correctly.

An off topic post has been removed as well as a reply.

if you didn't break the law and weren't on the fiddle you couldn't be charged - purge or no purge.

That is besides the point related to my post, but you are still smart enough to know that is not true, right?

Goodness : red-shirts accusing other of having double standards. What a bunch of hypocrites.

The point they are choosing to avoid is that Prayuth was made aware of the corruption and lo-behold : a full investigation is underway.

It's clear to me that this is the usual permanent staff up to their usual tricks which were obviously ignored when Pheu-Thai were in power.

Stop humming and take your fingers out of your ears, open your eyes, pull in your bottom lips and let us know which differences between this and the last lot of dirty cronies you are unable to grasp.

• Like 1

"top executives like Prayuth and Panadda Diskul, Minister of the Prime Minister's Office, will not be investigated because they merely "approved" the purchases, Vicha said. "

Now, someone remind me why Yingluck was recently indicted for negligence over alleged corruption in the rice subsidy scheme...

Thaksin got 2 years for signing as spouse while approvals of a dirty contract get away with nothing. Different time different stroke.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

'However, top executives like Prayuth and Panadda Diskul, Minister of the Prime Minister's Office, will not be investigated because they merely "approved" the purchases, Vicha said'

The hypocrisy of the fools in charge at the moment is outstanding. Their time will come and history will not look kindly at these morons!

The Prayut-o transparency

The future of Thailand depends on the purchase of the microphones and TV screens.

Please spare me of all that rubbish and concentrate on your efforts to reform Thailand and get rid of the cancer called Siwanatras.

In case you missed it, Thaksin is in exile and is not coming back.

The former PM Yingluck is under house arrest.

Both have been very quiet and their former political party has also been quiet.

The microphone fiasco is the responsibility of the current military administration. The administration could have cancelled the transaction.

The military administration could have also refrained from the additional expensive purchases.

ok brains thaksin is not in exile hes a fugitive on the run ...understand...and since when has the useless one (yingluck) been under house arrest..did i miss something..then she wont need her bodyguard if shes indoors..dont you think.so..

Edited by winstonc

Goodness : red-shirts accusing other of having double standards. What a bunch of hypocrites.

The point they are choosing to avoid is that Prayuth was made aware of the corruption and lo-behold : a full investigation is underway.

It's clear to me that this is the usual permanent staff up to their usual tricks which were obviously ignored when Pheu-Thai were in power.

Stop humming and take your fingers out of your ears, open your eyes, pull in your bottom lips and let us know which differences between this and the last lot of dirty cronies you are unable to grasp.

It's not really lo and behold. The investigation was not instigated by Prayuth.

"Although the massive price tag of the Government House's renovation attracted criticism from activists and news agencies across the political spectrum, the NACC initially refused to launch an inquiry into the purchases. The agency eventually started an investigation after a group of activists filed a complaint with them in September 2014. "

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1422259710

http://thediplomat.com/2014/10/thai-junta-beset-by-corruption-scandals/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+the-diplomat+%28The+Diplomat+RSS%29

Prayuth actually tried to sweep it under the carpet:

"Prayuth solved the issues by returning the expensive microphones and curtains to the company without any serious probes into the murky purchases."

I know the law works very differently in Thailand, but I don't think you get away with theft by merely returning what was stolen after being caught!

• Like 1

"top executives like Prayuth and Panadda Diskul, Minister of the Prime Minister's Office, will not be investigated because they merely "approved" the purchases, Vicha said. "

Now, someone remind me why Yingluck was recently indicted for negligence over alleged corruption in the rice subsidy scheme...

Because she did exactly what Prayuth has done.
  • Like 1

No reason why yingluck defense team can't use this as a prime example of why she cannot be responsible for the nasty little deeds of her underlings.

Prayuth is his wisdom, gave the people the funds to do something for the country. The people took advantage of that.

Yingluck in her wisdom , gave the people the funds to do something for the country. The people took advantage of that.

Prayuth did nothing wrong.

Therefore -----

Same same but different. ????

Must be obvious even to the strange logic of Costas. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. But with the military in control, the rules change according to whom they apply.

The future of Thailand depends on the purchase of the microphones and TV screens.

>deleted< me! Are you deadly serious? Or do you miss Chalerm so much that you need to make ridiculous comments on a weekly basis to keep readers amused?

Let's read that again, shall we; "The future of Thailand depends on the purchase of the microphones and TV screens." cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

Classic! wai.gif

Go on, With this kind of thinking, tell me why Greece is in such a bloody awful mess.

Edited by oldsailor35
  • Like 1

SO Who's the guy that singed off on this deal? did he read the info on the purchase? so should he be held accountable?

now for the answers, yu'p this guy, yu'p read it and yu'p should be held responsible,

now for what will happen, the higher up's will be untouched and a few underlings transferred to an inactive post.

Is anyone really surprised? Prayut is above the law if he wasn't he'd be standing trial for treason as we speak.

This is the underlying problem with Thailand; it's people are prepared to look the other way when it suits them. You honestly think that the Junta can bring about reconciliation and most importantly change?

I'm afraid the self imposed new boss is very much the same as the old boss - just supporting a different faction with their own interests.

Well said, it is so sad people are so blinded by their hate for the Shin's ( I totally agree they are crims) but how can't people see what is going on now.

One of the most corrupt organisations in Thailand is the army, a poorly run rice scheme? Ha the military have been scamming the taxpayer for decades. The examples are to many to name!

But when the Shin's go everything will be fixed. Haha some of the views by the junta loving posters here make me laugh.

Edited by peptidebomber
  • Like 2