Buddhist monk duped in lottery scam

Thaivisa News

I have met some seriously devout monks, including the abbot of our local Wat. But in a religion where any man can just decide to be a monk without any training or genuinely strong religious belief you are going to get a lot of rotten apples. Personally, I like Buddhism as a philosophy, but not the way it seems to be twisted by a lot of Thais.

• Like 1

I have met some seriously devout monks, including the abbot of our local Wat. But in a religion where any man can just decide to be a monk without any training or genuinely strong religious belief you are going to get a lot of rotten apples. Personally, I like Buddhism as a philosophy, but not the way it seems to be twisted by a lot of Thais.

Most Thais

Greed makes you blind.

I don't feel sorry at all for the monk.

What I'm surprised is that him alone had the facility and the funds to withdraw 40K Baht.

This is more important to be investigated by the police.

What I keep hearing and witnessing, draws me further and further away from religion.

And that does not only apply only for Buddhism but also any other religion and it's servants.

Could not agree more, just seems the monks are so dim they always get caught,but of course it can all be explained by ghosts or black magic.