Two commissioners summoned over gambling den raids by Thai soldiers

webfact

Police are at something of a disadvantage in this corruption clean up. Difficult to raid army bases, investigate the payoffs to the top heavy brass whose numbers are legion and wealth vast, all on army pay. Do not be fooled into buying the line that this has to do with cleaning up corruption. It is about getting rid of army competition for fleecing rights.

I must agree, a friend of mine who recently obtained a contract to build something for the Thai Army told me he had to pay large amounts of money to Various Army personal/official's to get the job. Mr. Prime Minister, if as you say, corruption must be stopped, you should clean in-house first.

Unless you see it personally or have been involved personally, then what you are now espousing is only hearsay and means absolutely nothing. Anyone can say anything at any time but for it to be factual there needs to be proof.

It may or may not have occurred but don't put it out there as gospel and if you friend goes around shooting his mouth off, then who knows what the results could be. At the very least, if it did happen, then your friend is just as complicit as those you are now alleging he said were involved.

It's gotta be 'flash in the pan'.

Those in 'inactive posts' will be just marking time until after the election of a NORMAL civilian government.

'Cos then everything reverts to NORMAL.

Yes, possibly but lets hope NOT, for the good of Thailand.. But some idiots will still actually believe that this would actually be good for Thailand.

Business as usual for the northern Amart and their stooges (see above) to resume raping the country again? Where are their brains.

Look, Thaksin had his chance to be the greatest PM of Thailand in living history but greed, power and unbridled megalomania got the better of him & he blew it. It is quite sad for Thailand because he was in a position dispose of the greedy Amart who were running the place for their own good to be feted & fondly remembered by all, forever, as the man who made Thailand a fair & decent place for all Thais. Not just the above by a deluded &/or bribed minority for a decade or so as it turns out.

The position, and job description for a man to do this for Thialand is still open. When and where will Thailand find the real thing? Look two countries south for a role model. (Hint his name is Lee Kuan Yew.)

I know this sounds terribly condescending, but I doubt too many on this forum will know who Lee Kuan Yew is/or was (he's rather ill just now).

Those who know of him and can see what he did, my apologies.

I first visited Singapore in 1965. It was very much an Asian market town; In less than thirty years, this island city had grown to a highly educated population, scholars sent overseas to broaden their learning, an excellent road network, buses, underground trains, the airport is a hub for Asian air transport.. The past twenty years has seen excellent harbour works, and a city of parks, gardens, clean streets.

Sure, it's been a disciplined place, but it's led to a great legacy for the current generation. The communists (mafia?) were tidied up, people learned to live in high rise apartment blocks, English was one of the main trading languages, and no fines imposed for using one language above the other as is done in Thailand.

Let's hope that when ASEAN is fully under way, some countries might learn from others.