Russian tourist attacked for 'not buying weed' in Pattaya

webfact

Russian Attacked for 'Not Buying Weed' in Pattaya
By Khaosod English

CHONBURI — A foreign tourist was allegedly attacked with brass knuckles in the resort town of Pattaya early this morning because he refused to buy weed from a dealer, police say.

Police described the victim as a 37-year-old Russian man vacationing in Thailand. He is recieving treatment for wounds around his mouth at Pattaya Memorial Hospital, police say.

The victim told police he was walking in front of Siam Bay Shore Hotel at around 3 am today when a Thai man approached him and tried to sell him marijuana, said Pol.Lt. Jakkrit Chantakham, an officer at Mueang Pattaya Police Station.

"The tourist said he refused to buy the weed, because he doesn't do drugs," Pol.Lt. Jakkrit said. "But the man still insisted on selling him the weed.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1425017634&section=12&typecate=06

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-02-27

• Like 1

Probably a cop trying to sell it.

If you are going to brass knuckle someone for not buying your drugs, you might as well rob him too. It would suck to have your poop pushed in for the next 3-5 years for nothing.

Goes along with:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/790769-russian-tourist-attacked-for-not-buying-watch/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/677755-watch-seller-gang-attack-and-injure-russian-tourist-in-pattaya/

There was also a Swiss tourist who claims he was attacked as well, so it's not just the Ruskies.

Be nice if once in awhile they could find CCTV footage and post it (like they did for the shooting a few days ago). Often times a story has 2 sides to it but we usually only hear one.

• Like 1

Probably a cop trying to sell it.

If you are going to brass knuckle someone for not buying your drugs, you might as well rob him too. It would suck to have your poop pushed in for the next 3-5 years for nothing.

I guess you a buying this BullSh* t story told to police are you????

Some dirtwad kept trying to get me to buy weed in Sapa, Viet Nam. I told him that it was illegal and that I do not commit crimes in a country in which I am a "guest." He was moving in on me again and again which was, I guess, to "plant" the weed on me! I kept this sleazy bastard at bay and, fortunately, my bus back to Ha Noi arrived! I was frightened and did everything I could to keep this <deleted> away from me! In my heart, I knew that he was working for the police in Sapa! I have also read where people were entrapped and had to pay huge bribes ("tea money") to get out of a jam or to go to prison! I never had this happen to me in Thailand; however, I am sure that this goes on quite often! Sad! Sad! Sad!

I feel for this Russian fellow who probably could not tell what was coming! Ouch!

If I could, I would give that man a hug and tell him: "Все хорошо!" (Everything is OK!)

People you and him will always be victims so always be careful where and how you tread.

Less tourists less money .....

Desperate "sellers" everywhere any time.....

I never forget how furious bike renting fellow was when I rented out a bike from his opposition where I got better big bike and even more expensive........( I was afraid that he will punch me or the other renting fellow..)

New era begins in some places in not so.....Los.

Maybe if Thai does not smile ....you will need a dentist..giggle.gif

Less tourists less money .....

Desperate "sellers" everywhere any time.....

giggle.gif

Tourists and popularity as holiday destination they must deserve by respecting guests and ditch that silly xenophobia mixed with greed... it's all karma.

If you have to walk outside 3 AM in the morning , never try to communicate with anyone trying to sell you something or talk to you.

Just walk without opening your mouth , it works for me.

about the only thing that has happened to me when walking about at 3 AM is a ladyboy or two on a motorbike will stop and ask for something. One or two try the old grab and distract while trying to rob, but my $8 USD K Mart watch and my button down pockets pretty much eliminate any theft. Oh and the hip throw I do on the one that grabs me often slows things down. All those years of Tae Kwon Do come in handy now and then

He probably mouthed off, and got hit in the mouth.

Yes, quite possibly, but the Russian was bothered by the hawker too.

I had a night at a beer bar recently and the hawkers do try your patience. Some are polite, many are persistent and have no respect, interrupting meals and conversation.

I do not know if this particular criminal hawker was a police stooge or was upset because his business was poor that night, but someone suggesting you engage in criminal activity or trying to get you to break the law does not deserve to be treated with sweetness and light. Hardly a Russian trait too, they can appear brusque.

Plenty of people out and about at 3am in Pattaya, it is a tourist and party town, and 3am is chucking out time for many places, others are just picking up. The only people not on the streets are police... excepting those looking for DWI.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

Russian assaulted by Marijuana Seller in South Pattaya

russia-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- In the early hours of Friday a 36 year old Russian was assaulted by a Thai man who was reportedly angry that the Russian had refused to purchase Marijuana from him several times.

The incident occurred in front of the Siam Bayshore Hotel at the Southern end of Walking Street, just before 4am on Friday. Mr. Maksim Fedim was walking back to his Hotel when he was approached by the Thai man who attempted to sell him Marijuana. Mr. Fedim refused to purchase the drugs but was then approached for a second time which led to a second refusal.

Read More: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/173721/russian-assaulted-by-marijuana-seller-in-south-pattaya/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-02-28