Night festival and Ladies in hats - anyone know who they were?

Stekmer

This video was taken on Tuesday night, February 3rd on the river front - possibly on a full moon.

I had no idea that there was such an active night market area and suspect it may have been a once of.

Does anyone know anything about the 'Ladies in Hats' that gathered in increasing number from around 6 pm, finally reaching around 50 or 60 in number? They appear toward the end of the video.

http://youtu.be/I8nX1J6eCFU

Edited by Stekmer

It was at the northern end of the river area (not far from Mutmee guesthouse).

Was this a regular night market or a special celebration?

Sorry, still no idea where your talking about? Isaan is a big place. Edited by DILLIGAD

Opps - Nong Khai

Sorry, I thought the opening title of the video would help.

I should have put it in the question title.

Obviously Dilligad didn't even look at the You tube as it's clear where the Night market is. rolleyes.gif

My guess it's just a group of Chinese's Tourist having a group photo with hats they have brought from the Market smile.png

Edited by martin501
  • Like 1

Opps - Nong Khai

Sorry, I thought the opening title of the video would help.

I should have put it in the question title.

Obviously Dilligad didn't even look at the You tube as it's clear where the Night market is. rolleyes.gif

My guess it's just a group of Chinese's Tourist having a group photo with hats they have brought from the Market smile.png

Why look at something when you didn't know where it's related too? Clearly you have too much time on your hands, BOLOA.

OP, hope you get the answered you wanted, as opposed to the silly comments above.

This is Nongkhai's "talad kohn dern" or also known as "walking street". It takes place every Saturday. The music is performed by musicians from Chiang Mai. There's nothing significant re the hats. They are just the local "older generation" who like to dance at this weekly event. The guy you see dancing, dances alone every week.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies,

GU3 MLUM, this was on a Tuesday night (3/2/15).

A German man I came across earlier in the day told the day was a special Buddhist celebration day. The Wat at the far end of the river strip was certainly being decked out in a special way.

Interesting to hear the same man dances each week - he certainly had lots of energy and enthusiasm for it.

The ladies in hats seemed to be gathering and chatting amongst themselves rather than dancing. I assumed it may be a club of some sort.