TM28, TM30 etc - Latest requirements to stay legal :)

My apologies, because I've been living outside of Thailand for a couple of years and I'm not sure what the latest requirement is as regards address reporting etc. I did a search but I do want to check that my understanding is correct.

I intend to move to live from my current home in Laos to live at Khanom Beach, because my lung health has improved dramatically with the clean sea air (I'm visiting Khanom right now). I'm 65 years old.

I will go back to Laos  next week and then re-enter Thailand by air a few weeks later.  I will enter the country on a visa waiver and then stay in Pattaya for a few weeks while I sort out my 'retirement' visa, do some shopping etc.

I intend to use a visa agent who helped me a few years ago and provided good service.  I have an aversion to dealing with any kind of officials, and that's why I prefer to use an agent. Therefore, when they apply for this visa, my address will be at a hotel in Pattaya.  But after obtaining the visa stamp, I will move to a rented house at Khanom Beach (I have already rented the house from a Swedish/Thai couple who live in Sweden - the house is empty all year and so they have rented it to me very cheaply because I'm the 'security guard'!

But how can I stay legal with the local immigration department in Khanom when I move from Pattaya?  Do I need to complete a TM28 form etc for my change of address?

It is my preference to keep any IOs at arm's length and only interact with them via an agent or online.  Is that possible?  Thanks for all your wonderful advice 🙂

21 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I intend to use a visa agent who helped me a few years ago and provided good service

Does this mean you will not be providing the financial requirements? 

Do you have a Thai bank account in your name only. 

Yes, I have a Bangkok Bank account for more than 20 years.  But it does not have 800,000 baht in it right now (or in the previous months), because I have been living in Laos and intended to stay there until I got 'stimmied' by the air pollution.  12 months from now I should have 800,000 baht in my Bangkok Bank account.

2 minutes ago, simon43 said:

12 months from now I should have 800,000 baht in my Bangkok Bank account.

You are not clear.....

So if you come to Thailand soonish and use agent then the agent will provide (cover) the 800k requirement? 

If yes then perhaps will not be issued Jomitien but rather up country..

If using an agent they will advise on 90 reports etc

Yes, when I return to Thailand in a few weeks the agent will 'arrange' the visa at Jomtien.  Note that I do have 800,000 baht right now but not in any Thai bank account. (It's in my Lao bank account because of the 5%/annum interest....)

The visa agent in Pattaya will arrange my retirement visa while I have an address in that locality (the hotel).  But what do I need to do when I move down to Khanom?  I will have an absent landlord (overseas).  I want to ensure that I have no problems with the Khanom IOs....

12 minutes ago, simon43 said:

The visa agent in Pattaya will arrange my retirement visa while I have an address in that locality (the hotel).  But what do I need to do when I move down to Khanom?  I will have an absent landlord (overseas).  I want to ensure that I have no problems with the Khanom IOs....

I still cannot follow your posts.

I doubt your non O and extension stamp will be issued at Jomitien 

So you have agent arranged visa and imply that in 12 months you will have the 800k.

You will not be able to obtain 12 month extension without agent.

You would need to exit Thailand and start over.

BTW: TM28 is history. For change of address you use TM30.

With an "agent-assisted" retirement visa and extension, I wouldn't risk an official move to another immigration office.

Two options come to mind: Ask around if there are any agents that provide the same kind of service in Nakhon Si Thammarat and skip the Pattaya agent. Or use the Pattaya agent and let them deal with subsequent 90-day reports.

I think you won't have to worry about Khanom for a while as if you turn up there with your agent procured extension and no bank book nothing good can happen.  So let them get the extension and deal with the 90 day reports and when your year is up go to Laos, get your 800k and come back exempt and get a non-O where you actually are living.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Caldera said:

With an "agent-assisted" retirement visa and extension, I wouldn't risk an official move to another immigration office.

Two options come to mind: Ask around if there are any agents that provide the same kind of service in Nakhon Si Thammarat and skip the Pattaya agent. Or use the Pattaya agent and let them deal with subsequent 90-day reports.

That is my plan.  If I'm in Khanom and the IO comes to visit, I can say that I usually stay in Pattaya and I come down to stay in Khanom from time to time.

But that is my core question.  if my visa extension is issued in Pattaya and the visa agent does my 90-day extensions, do I need to report my stays in Khanom?

Edited by simon43

17 minutes ago, simon43 said:

But that is my core question.  if my visa extension is issued in Pattaya and the visa agent does my 90-day extensions, do I need to report my stays in Khanom?

Edited 15 minutes ago by simon43

This is boring.

Which agent are you using.

If stamps issued in Jomitien that is surprising.

The agent is not doing 90 day extensions he is doing 90 day reports..

That may or may not be to Jomitien 

Seriously seems you have never been to Thailand previously 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, simon43 said:

if my visa is issued in Jomtien and my agent in Pattaya does my 90-day reports, what do I need to do to stay legal when staying at the rented property in Khanom?

As you'll have your main residence registered with immigration elsewhere, you and/or your Khanom landlord can reasonably be expected to file TM30 notifications for your temporary stays in Khanom.

Ideally, you or your landlord register the house for online TM30 notifications to make that as painless as possible. 

Posted (edited)

As per thread title you ask requirements to stay legal. That would be 800k baht in your Thai bank and reporting TM30 and 90 day reports as per your actual residence.  If your agent is applying for you with an address you don't live at and then doing 90 day reports for same false address how does that meet your stay legal question?

Edited by Pattaya57

8 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

As per thread title you ask requirements to stay legal. That would be 800k baht in your Thai bank and reporting TM30 and 90 day reports as per your actual residence.  If your agent is applying for you with an address you don't live at and then doing 90 day reports for same false address how does that meet your stay legal question?

I would be staying at 2 different addresses.  Many times I will stay at my hotel address in Pattaya, and therefore I think it's easier to do all my visa 'paperwork' in Pattaya.  But I will also stay in Khanom.  So from Caldera's post, it seems that my absent landlord in Khanom should register for online TM30 notifications.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

If you have the housebook and ID of the house owner you can register them online yourself.  Then login and submit your TM30 online. 

It's really a piece of cake and the entire process took me 30mins.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, simon43 said:

I would be staying at 2 different addresses.  Many times I will stay at my hotel address in Pattaya, and therefore I think it's easier to do all my visa 'paperwork' in Pattaya.  But I will also stay in Khanom.  So from Caldera's post, it seems that my absent landlord in Khanom should register for online TM30 notifications.

The problem with Hotels is that they only do the TM30 for your period of stay. Therefore, you will be effectively "missing" after checkout. Is there any way you can get a contract off your pal? If so, you simply show it at the nearest Immi office to Khanom with a new TM30. Or as SportRider just posted, do the TM30 online as well.After that, do your own 90 day reports on line. No need to visit immigration except for your yearly extension (by which time you may have found an agent in Khanom area).

Edited by mrbojangles

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

So from Caldera's post, it seems that my absent landlord in Khanom should register for online TM30 notifications.

Here's the TM30 registration site. It was very simple to do and all I needed was a copy of my passport ID page and condo chanote. Doing the actual TM30 then just required me to enter my details and dates of stay (took 2 minutes)

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/external/security/register/reg-web

You could instead register yourself as the current "housemaster" and do all TM30 yourself, but I think you would need some kind of lease to upload (plus copy of owner ID/Passport & Chanote)

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Here's the TM30 registration site. It was very simple to do and all I needed was a copy of my passport ID page and condo chanote. Doing the actual TM30 then just required me to enter my details and dates of stay (took 2 minutes)

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/tm30/#/external/security/register/reg-web

You could instead register yourself as the current "housemaster" and do all TM30 yourself, but I think you would need some kind of lease to upload (plus copy of owner ID/Passport & Chanote)

Thanks to you and MrBoJangles for this advice.  My Swedish landlord (well, his Thai wife) is preparing a rental agreement from a sample document that I found on the internet and his wife will then register on that website to complete the TM30 online. I don't intend to stay at the Khanom address all the time - many times I will be in Pattaya.  So this seems to be the easiest solution - thanks again.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, simon43 said:

Yes, when I return to Thailand in a few weeks the agent will 'arrange' the visa at Jomtien.  Note that I do have 800,000 baht right now but not in any Thai bank account. (It's in my Lao bank account because of the 5%/annum interest....)

when u move, file  a new TM 30 in Khanmon ( or online if u have copies of landlords id car an house paper signed) than u can do ur 90 day report there ( or online)
the 800,000 will need be in ur bank for  14 months  IF  ur agent assists u in getting the 1 year extension>>If you want do it on ur own  
IE;  agent assisted extension June 1, 2024 good till May 31st 2025
Must show money in Bank starting April 1st 2024 if u want do ur own extension.
They will check!! 

BUT its almost better to just go with an agent in Pattaya ( 12,500-14,000/year)

why not? i've done it the past 2 years moving my actual address back to Phuket AFTER receiving a new 1 year extension> 

Edited by zzzzz